The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

the jury had to listen to Gerards testimony... nearly two days of it.. mostly , almost totally about him and his woes and worries... .. how he did the housework, how he cooked, cleaned, breastfed, mopped, polished, swept, dusted, fathered, mothered, his 'career', his unique take on finance, his wants and needs ... he led off with ' I only wanted sex'... how women bullied him into accidental sexual congress, nothing about how much weight he had put on, his ironing skills, his social skills, his fiscal skills, his business skills, his sexual skills, his counselling skills, his management skills, his driving skills, his accounting skills, his salesman skills, his medical diagnosis skills, his first aid skills, but most of all, his placating skills.

7 men and 5 women on that jury.. he managed to offend every one of 'em.

2. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

oh yes PLEASE thank you thank you thank you

3. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

I'm not a legal expert. But yes, I would believe so, it usually is.

edited to add: Allioop has answered this in depth below. :)

4. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

The 2 years already served will come off the non parole period in a murder verdict as it is mandatory life sentence with minimum of 15 yr non parole.
    A manslaughter verdict will depend on the discretionary sentence ( max life) but time already served will be likely be deducted from the specific term he is sentenced to by the judge.

Technically, either a murder or manslaughter verdict can result in the same sentence, though in reality he is likely to get a fixed term of imprisonment less than 15 years.

5. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Baby was born around 8.55am and after the checking over, shower etc a nurse came and told me I could go home at 12.30pm. I said 'No way', as I was going to have my 4 days "rest and recreation' away from the rest of the tribe and housework, which is what I did. I told my doctor when he finally arrived that he was a fibber as he put himself down as 'witness' on the birth registration, when I was the only witness. Was an interesting day.

6. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Mine was a Mitsubishi wagon.

7. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Does your mum know how Mrs Dickie is holding up?

8. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I know a woman who was almost born in a water feature in Nimbin. (A bit of an exaggeration, but a water birth that changed to 'lets get to Lismore hospital', then an abrupt stop to meet an ambulance near a park opposite a brewery. I must ask her if her parents were driving a bug or a combi - highly likely!

9. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

Wow KG1. What an experience. I agree, for my last baby I was not going home until they kicked me out or my health insurance stopped paying. Funny, my hubby kept saying you are doing so well, are you coming home soon. I kept saying nup!

10. UnfoldingTruth

ha,ha- not sure how old the baby in question is now- but what a story you have to tell of their arrival! I love your comment that there was no way you were going home then without your rest from the housework etc. Funny the only way to get a break!

11. Fly

Fly New Member

BBM
    Thanks Alioop, I thought I read that the other day too, but hubby and I were surprised. Is that recent thing. So a conviction of murder, regardless of circumstances is automatic life?

12. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Good on you alioop. After all, it is likely to be the only break you get for the next 18 years or so - make the most of it I say.

13. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

15 minutes to go before lunch finishes and its back to awaiting a verdict time.

14. UnfoldingTruth

:floorlaugh: Nup, not coming home until they have turned 18!

15. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

and that is 3 years more than this bloke will likely get , where's the fairness , as my son in law says the definition of fairness is a blank sheet of paper

16. Anemone

Anemone New Member

That's exactly as I see it. If GBC didn't stop what he was doing, and Allison would be struggling like crazy and thrashing around, that is where the intent comes in. I'm sure it takes at least a few minutes to end someone's life.

17. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

That's right.....premeditation and intent are different things. He didn't need to plan anything in advance to have "murdered" her, he doesn't even need to have "intended" for his actions to cause her death.

If he did cause her grievous bodily harm with an intention of doing so, and this resulted in her death, that is murder.

18. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

19. ollijack

ollijack Active Member

20. Texx

Texx Member

Lets hope 2 years will be a drop in the ocean against a 50 hundred year sentence...and yes I said 50 hundred cause that means alot :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.