The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect that the jury have spent the last 2 days examining the evidence to determine the facts. Then only when they have reached conclusions on those eg scratches, plant matter, blood in car, suicide etc, can they then apply the law to those facts. So now they are asking about the law which indicates to me they may have agreement on the facts.
But who knows!

I would be a skinny little lizard , but harris had to go on at least one charge . it was just the sentence I was interested in

I'm having such a bad/sad day I wouldn't be surprised if he's acquitted just to add to today's crap.
One of my pets (aka best friend) died on the lounge next to me :'(

((Hugs))

TimArvier ‏@TimArvier9 1m
Jury gone home for the day. Back tmw #badenclay

That's all folks.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 32s

The jury has gone home for the day. Back again tomorrow. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s

That's it for the day. The jury has been sent home, will continue deliberations tomorrow #badenclay

I still believe there is nothing to be concerned about with these verifications they seek from the judge.

As someone has already stated, they are about to make a very important decision.
One or more of those 12 people will want just a little bit more clarification they are arriving at the correct decision, and within the constraints of the law.

Its valid to be concerned that not everyone in that jury room is of above intelligence but 12 is a good number and its good odds there are some people within the group that are totally switched on, and they will assist the others in understanding any sticking points.

Make no mistake, that jury will be doing it tough

I'm having such a bad/sad day I wouldn't be surprised if he's acquitted just to add to today's crap.

Oh Oddsocks! I am SO sorry to hear that.

Am sending you HUGE, HUGE love :grouphug:

Blessings to your beautiful friend *advertiser censored*

Mark Burrows ‏@MarkWBurrows 32s
Jurors in Baden Clay trial end their third day of deliberations without a verdict.#badenclay

I actually feel they are close but needing to be absolutely sure. This is a huge decision they are making ...... and it is huge deciding such a thing on only circumstantial evidence, I would certainly be feeling the pressure and would need some reassurance. I hope I'm right but I do believe they are close now.....

I agree, they are making absolutely sure that yes, legally, they can convict on circumstantial evidence alone. This is how I'm reading into it, and I hope I'm right. The idea he could get off on some misguided belief by the jurors that they can't convict makes me feel ill. I don't blame them though for checking and re-checking, this is a very serious decision with huge consequences, but by God I hope they get it right.

I am so sorry for your loss Oddsocks - it is so hard when this happens. Take care.

Sophie Walsh ‏@sophie_walsh9 47s
Baden-Clay jury has been sent home they'll continue deliberations tomorrow @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 1m
No #badenclay verdict today - jury has gone home @9NewsBrisbane

So sorry for your loss. At least you were together til the end?

At the risk of sounding outrageously schmaltzy :blushing:- I think it would be powerful if we all collectively imagined the jury coming back with a resounding "Guilty" and let ourselves feel the relief and positive feelings at receiving that news.

I'm a big believer in the power of thought - seems worth trying as otherwise the anxiety will just make us batty!!! :seeya:

Lol, that's what I was doing in the kitchen before the jury came back for repeat direction.

Eammon Atkinson ‏@EAtkinson7 1m

#BadenClay judge: "It is not necessary that facts be proved by direct evidence." @7NewsBrisbane
#BadenClay judge: "Both direct and circumstantial evidence are to be considered." @7NewsBrisbane

Those 2 lines read very clear to me.

A re-read will have that clear in the jury's mind too now.
Previously, that info was read out amongst lots and lots of other info.

Thats so awful Oddsocks :(

I'm really sorry to hear it.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Jury done for the day. Still no verdict. Back tomorrow for a fourth day of deliberations. #badenclay @abcnews

Marissa Calligeros ‏@marissa_sc 1m
We understand the jury has left the Supreme Court for the day. Deliberations will continue tomorrow from 9am #badenclay @brisbanetimes

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
No verdict today. Jurors are done for the day in #badenclay trial. They'll be back tomorrow. @9NewsBrisbane

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
No verdict today. The #badenclay jury has gone home. They'll continue deliberating tomorrow. @7NewsBrisbane

Renae Henry ‏@renaehenry9 1m
No verdict today. 19 hours and counting #badenclay

I'm so sorry Oddsocks. Sending love and hugs to you xo

Socks I'm so so very sorry. Big hugs. Pets are lovely. Xxxxxxxx

So very sorry to hear that Oddsocks. Hugs sent your way. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members