The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it is not a hung jury or unable to reach a unanimous verdict.

I'm guessing this is it.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

My phone is about to die and I have no charger to plug it into a powerpoint.... lol

Hi all,

While impatiently awaiting the verdict I was thinking back to a quote from the Woody Allen movie "Match Point"....

"The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control. There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second, it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward, and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose."

I feel like this reflects where GBC is at right now, waiting to see which side of the net the ball will fall on. If he gets a not guilty verdict (hopefully not!!) I feel it will be because of "luck." Luck that poor Allison's body wasn't found sooner and therefore no cause of death could be established, luck that some evidence wasn't more informative (such as the DNA under her fingernails that couldn't be matched to anyone), luck that the jury have a moral obligation to acquit if they don't feel they can be sure beyond reasonable doubt and the list goes on...

GBC would rather be lucky than good. Hopefully he won't be though...

I recently rewatched this movie and upon reflection there are some similarities with the GBC case - infidelity, murder, selfishness, self-preservation, deception, social climbing, desperation, immorality, truth coming out in a journal, police becoming suspicious etc.

A bit off topic but wanted to share the quote because I found it relevant at this point...

Awwww Fluffykins it's been wonderful to be with like-minded people since April 2012.
Wow, it's been a bumpy ride.

I wish I'd been along from the start. Up until I joined WS, I only knew what I read in the newspapers! :doh:

marly are we allowed to say " you F@#%&%G beauty if its guilty

IMO if Jury had reached its Verdict, I'm sure it would be announced to enable key people to attend the Court from a distance away.

B105 Brisbane ‏@B105Brisbane 26s

Parents and lawyers in the #badenclay trial have arrived at the Supreme Court. Jury have been deliberating for 11 hours. #newsfeed #live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member