The Verdict Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

2. Seeking

Seeking New Member

So glad that you could all meet...... I am having the amusing picture in my head of people meeting each other and greeting each other with their Websleuths identity...... Good afternoon Snails, pleased to meet you Dr. Watson........It is a lovely day Freya1977 and so on.....it is making me smile! I would have found it interesting to attend, even just once too if I lived in Brisbane and had the time.

In regards to people bringing their children to the court, my perspective as a parent of 4 is that if my teens were interested I would let them go, but not my primary aged children and younger. Teens often visit courts through high school programs these days. It gives them an idea of what it is all about and can be interesting for people who may be thinking about careers in that field too. My youngest would be too active and not be quiet and still enough for what a court requires at this point. The other problem is that the nature of some of the information presented in a court can be very sensitive, upsetting and confusing for a child too. So it probably depends on the child. Maybe the people bringing children had strong personal connections to the case and really needed the chance to be part of it to help them work through things and maybe they couldn't get childcare. Everyone is different.

I also don't have a problem with family members on either side shopping and so on whilst they wait for a verdict. It must be a harrowing and exhausting time for all. The opportunity to chill and reflect quietly at these times is important.

3. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Get them in training early - they're our next gen Barristers and Lawyers.
    :D
    Unless they end up being our next gen Baristas and Lawners.

4. Aberline_1979

Aberline_1979 New Member

Thank you, Sir Humphrey :blah:

5. kiwijayne

Yeah it's kind of funny. Standing there looking around at people thinking now I wonder who they are lol. Lucky<modnsip>people so knew what they where wearing instead of sidling up to random strangers and blurting out are you Freya/ Whatif/Itsthevibe/Snails?

It is like being part of a secret squirrel society.

6. Aunty

Aunty New Member

I was in the overflow, Banco room , right up to lunch time, then , Itsthevibe and I were in the main court after lunch break. :tantrum:

7. Seeking

Seeking New Member

Kiwijayne, has everyone just met through this site or did many people know each other through the community beforehand?

8. kiwijayne

I was sitting with Itsthevibe and had lunch outside with her.

9. kiwijayne

Well I think we all met through here! I think 4 of us where locals to Brookfield and the rest come from other areas of Brisbane.

10. Aunty

Aunty New Member

Well well well! I left with Itsthevibe and went to coffee club afterwards. Hmmmm

11. Aberline_1979

Aberline_1979 New Member

Just out of interest, did we ever get anyone posting on here who witnessed GBC's ignoble crash (in a friend's car no less) into the concrete pillar at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre on the Saturday or Sunday after Allison went "missing"?

I've always wanted to know a bit more about how that went down....how deliberate or accidental (LoL, yeah right) it looked. Was he "a bit hurt" or did he appear/pretend to be in trouble?

What I wouldn't pay for the CCTV footage of THAT :violin:

12. Seeking

Seeking New Member

The next question is...... what is it actually like to meet in person people you have formed a relationship with on-line?..... I know it is an area where caution is needed..........Do people fit with how you imagined them? Do you still feel that you get along and can relate in some way like people do on-line or are people poles apart form how you imagine them when you read there posts here? Very interesting.

13. kiwijayne

Well I can tell you I go into the Indooroopilly bus interchange(where he crashed) and the only cars allowed in there are police cars. Right by where he crashed is a little police station and it is nowhere near the police station he was supposed to be going too.

To get where he was he would have had to mounted a kerb and footpath. My guess deliberate to cover up injuries.

14. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Secret squirrel society?
    Excuse me, but did you see Possumheart's pictures today of the facial coverups?
    The defence had said he had been open and upfront about his facial wounds. Gouge marks or fingernail scratches.... Whatever they were, they weren't shaving marks.
    The topic was how could he NOT be open about his facial wounds.
    Possum supplied some interesting suggestions as to covers.

15. kiwijayne

It was nice to meet them and get to put a face to the name. Yes I think people where as I imagined them and it was very easy to talk/relate to everyone.

16. kiwijayne

I love those pictures and had seen them before. Very inventive face wounds covers.

17. Crime and punishment

Crime and punishment Member

Exactly Ali- we don't have a DJs in Townsville and the last time I saw her at the shops it was at the local Salvos store. It's probably nice to shop without the kids and it might have been for the necessities for someone to take on a long trip away....inside.

18. ollijack

ollijack Member

Lucky ducks meeting each other. Please keep
    the rest of us with you in your hearts.
    Xxxxxxx

19. Seeking

Seeking New Member

That is fantastic Kiwijayne.

20. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

I imagine it with a French accent! Hehehe

Thread Status: