The Verdict Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does the writing style fit with the sleuths in court?

2. bbm
    I did hope it would be included in the events before and after the murder. Why not?????

3. Chief of Funtime

Chief of Funtime New Member

Sorry ! I was supposed to be looking up something completely different . Got sidetracked . !

4. enthralled

enthralled New Member

Totally agree MadDoc

5. ollijack

ollijack Member

Indromum you're gorgeous. :loveyou:

6. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly New Member

Give it a go I say....When I was at Uni back in the dark ages it was truly startling the accepted reasons for extentions! Tell them it was experience.. and pad it with waffle... like a real legal eagle !

7. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

Thank you for the kind words, Heloise...but (fortunately or unfortunately)
    - I am a female (not that there is anything wrong with women who love women, I just don't happen to bat for that team!)
    - I am already taken (hubby has a science degree, so let's call him MadScientist)
    - I won't be winning any beauty contests any time soon, and
    - I am in the same age group as GBC, give or take a year or two.

8. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly New Member

".....And so say all of us !...."

9. JK673

JK673 New Member

Yes...that is intent. Hopefully the jury gets that

10. royster

royster New Member

Morning!
    So glad to hear DrW met up with you guys too! It really has been a journey - to think you all felt comfortable enough to meet speaks volumes about what had been shared on this forum .
    The inner circle of Allison's loved ones must feel exhausted this weekend - thinking of them all and hoping the time passes quickly until Monday . Hope they are getting together also to draw strength .
    I wonder if the BC's feel any compassion for them losing Allison ? They sure don't show it. It makes me sad for the girls to now be a part of such a torn up family. GBC is so selfish. Karma is a female dog .

11. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

I definitely don't have a crush on him myself, although I am very impressed by his work as I have followed the trial. In fact, some of the outpourings of heartfelt "lust" make me a bit uncomfortable at times - I start to think
    (a) What if he reads this forum,
    (b) It doesn't do any good for WebSleuths' image - didn't one commenter, very early in the course of this case, refer to WS as a bunch of gossiping middle-aged women or something along those lines?
    and (c) if the shoe were on the other foot, and there was a brilliant female barrister doing an outstanding job, and the males were going all hormonal about how they were in love with her, how would she (and other women here) perceive that?

12. ollijack

ollijack Member

Its bazaar the images we create for others, I was sure you were a guy, lol, cheeky like a Dr off Scrubs :laughing:

13. ollijack

ollijack Member

Oh God, Im glad I love his brain lol

14. Berry

Berry Gotch ya

Yes indeed Susan, that is called smothering, a very horrid uncomfortable death.

I woke from a dream last night to write down the most loud clearest message I heard.
    It was a lawyers voice telling the jury that a husband would smother you to "shut you up."

It was startling, I never have dreams like this.

Smothering creates air hunger that made poor Allison reach and try to stop this happening to her and she managed to scratch GBCs face.

Hope jury have my dream too.

15. ollijack

ollijack Member

imagesZKKJIQXW.jpg

Sunflower cupcakes for morning tea xxxx

16. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

I am quite sure that with the right man, Allison would have positively glowed, and the right man would have been very happy. He might have a constant genuine smile, and be always putting Allison up on a pedestal. And the marriage could have gone places.
    There's a word I like using in this situation; A marriage with the right ingredients, Synergism.

17. emirates1957

emirates1957 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladybird,

My apologies if this came across insincere. I was having a laugh about some of the sluethers outside the court house - eyeballing fireman - perhaps with squizzy sitting on a park bench with a bottle of rum and a fist full of ciggies. I have followed this from the very beginning and can relate to Allisons struggles in many ways. Bring on Monday - I hope they lock him up for ever and day.

18. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

With all due respect to you, lovely LadyBird, I think that the whole idea of the 'right man' being responsible for a woman's happiness is part of the problem here. It leads to women putting up with all sorts of outrageous behaviour from their male partners, as they are terrified of losing the relationship (even if it is completely dysfunctional and makes them miserable).

The only way we can be happy is by our own inner work - and love for self (tacky I know, but true). If a woman believes that her partner is the key to her happiness, it leads to a huge let down. No other person can do that for any of us. Also, I think part of the problem with pedestals is that they create an idealised image of the other - which is always going to crash down at some point when the partner's 'humanness' becomes too obvious to ignore.

JMO

19. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

How long was their engagement?
    Did they live together before marriage?

If they knew each other a short time maybe Allison didn't see his traits in time.
    Also I think something happened o/seas because in her diary she wasn't happy about something. Either angry or depressed.

20. Opinionsgalore

Opinionsgalore New Member

A very interesting book to read is psychopath free, in this book they talk about how psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists rush their 'partner' into a relationship, marriage etc. The book is written from the survivors point of view, and gives some very interesting insights into the entire relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.