The Verdict Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Lol, I hadn't considered that. It would be quite amusing.

2. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

Exactly my thought this morning when I read this - I had planned a week end off!

3. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

Me too. But each to their own. I am certainly impressed with the way he has conducted himself and with his legal mind. But otherwise, not really my cup of tea.. But hey I guess that means less of us fighting over him..lol ..

(Edited to add:joking of course on the fighting over him. I have utmost respect for TF and his job. This is my first post on this particular subject. I hope the Banter from some WS'ers has not been seen as disrespectful to TF, I did mostly take the comments from others as said in a bit of fun due to many members admiration for the man in this case)

4. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

My husband says "Police always consider the spouse first in missing persons and suspicious deaths!" I said to him "So why do they do it?" He said "Because they always think they're smarter and will get away with it."

5. UnfoldingTruth

BBM, I feel the same ITV, especially given their asking for clarification yesterday re the lying under oath and the scratches and how that influences intent..I think they are trying to determine between manslaughter or Murder.

6. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Not my type either UT. incidentally, I dated a silk for a time. You can't get away with anything! Their interrogation is unbelievable. By anything I mean surprise parties etc, nothing untoward!

7. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

My bold...

LOL - I can see everyone sitting on the couch in a row after the lights went on and the party poppers had cracked - being questioned.

8. UnfoldingTruth

hmm, yes, this guy seems mighty 'unlucky' too from what I read... the gunshot that killed his wife accidently... now hit and run killing someone... interesting.

9. Her Honour

Her Honour New Member

Welcome to my world :scared:

OK going to try and think of something relevant to say now. I wish we had a WS jury profiler on this trial.

10. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Gittany! A classic example. His arrogance was astounding.

11. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Yes, with respect Alioop, that is your opinion as a lawyer. However, I have expressed an opinion not from a legal view. I refer more to relational dynamics with an opinion of equal validity. Sadly, IMO it seems that Allison had some assets with a solid work history at Flight Centre, superannuation, and a half-share in property on the Gold Coast with her brother. What did her partner bring to the marriage? It's reassuring that her father, Mr. Dickie, had gained a limited grant to administer her estate pending the outcome of the trial, that her interests are being looked after. My opinion only.

12. Snails

Snails New Member

You will be nerdy again Alioop as generally the results from laser surgery only lasts for "a period" of time, and the time depends on the individual - maybe 10 years, maybe 20 years. Laser surgery is great when it works but the results don't unfortunately last forever :(

13. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I don't think I've ever read of too many humble criminals or killers.

Arrogance oozed from Max Sica also. The antics of his family were similar to Gittanys. It took almost six years for Sica to be charged with murdering the three Singh siblings. Almost four days for a verdict of guilty.

Quite a lengthy report on that case...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...entence-for-triple-murder-20120705-21igm.html

14. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Coincidence...

Allison's murder 19th April, 2012

The murders of Singh siblings was April 21-22, 2003

The inquest report posted on previous page about the guy shooting his wife on 24th April, 2008

15. Maigret

Maigret New Member

I had noticed that before it is very spooky - perhaps it has a little to do with Easter ?

16. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

Yes luckily I knew their real names it was better than walking up and saying are you Alioop, Itsthevibe or Snails lol. That would look odd to people.

17. Smegal

Smegal Member

I saw this on the news last night! I can't believe he got bail. It will be interesting to see if anything happens with his poor wife's death now that this has happened.

18. Her Honour

Her Honour New Member

You know what, Doc? Love you and I'm a proud femmo, but if they were the same males you suggest usually go for beauty over brains, I'd be thrilled that they were impressed by the skill and acumen of someone pursuing a cause close to their hearts. I think that's all that's happened here and it would be taken in that spirit.

I am genuinely surprised that anyone described this forum in that way, because (while I'm the first to admit I'm a bored housewife) in my prolific lurkdom, I was always struck by what an articulate, thought-provoking and witty group had assembled here, men included. How offensive!

19. JK673

JK673 New Member

Easter was only that late in April in 2003

2008 i think was march and 2012 was first week in april i think.....

20. JK673

JK673 New Member

Yes. Some of us are far from 'bored housewives'..

Some people cannot read 'tongue in cheek' and must take everything in life so seriously :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.