"The View" New Co-Host

I used to like her but since her talk show, I don't. She got too full of herself and her celebrity.

Hey, how come Rosie gets to adopt 4 white children and tons of couples are still waiting? I absolutely can't stand celebrities that throw their status around for priveledges like that. It's selfish and wrong.

I think The View stinks to high heaven anyway and maybe this way it will finally get canceled! Oh with the one exception for when Joy nags on Star. How did Star EVER become famous???? She's an attorney right? EEEEgads I don't think one more plus size ego can fit on the set.

I can't stand the young one that just had the baby! She annoys me so much she drive me bonkers!

I enjoy The View every once in awhile but often finding myself changing the channel because they often talk over one another, It's distracting and they sound like a bunch of cackling hens!

I'm more worried about Rosie and Joy going at it. Add to that, the in-fighting of Joy and Star.... what a mess. I might just have to watch for the train wreck value.

Well, it is true or not? I bet it is true.

Star Jones off The View

Page Six is reporting (I keep looking at that and still can't believe I typed it) that Star Jones is being shown the door by Barbara Walters and the producers of The View. Jones' departure was apparently one of the conditions of Rosie O'Donnell joining the show, a condition Walters and other knew and agreed to when they were courting O'Donnell. Jones' agents are denying the host is on her way out but others say they're sniffing around for a new home for her. Gayle King, a friend of Oprah Winfrey, is apparently in line to replace Jones on the show. The boisterous Jones has come under some fire recently for a series of disagreements with management over her agreements to pitch products or mention brand names on the show. (More at link)

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/05/09/star-jones-off-the-view-breaking-news
------------------------

JONES GETTING ' VIEW' VAMOOSE

STAR Jones Reynolds has been told to hitch up her hefty wagonload of freebies and waddle off into the sunset, sources say.

ABC will announce this week that the big-boned talking head is out at "The View," a source close to the inner workings of the late-morning gabfest tells Page Six. What network brass won't say is that she's being unceremoniously ousted at the direct behest of the show's grand dame Barbara Walters and the incoming Rosie O'Donnell. (More at link)

http://entertainment.myway.com/celebgossip/pgsix/id/05_09_2006_1.html

Last night on Inside Edition or one of those shows, Barbara Walters was saying (denying) that Star was not going anywhere now , was staying for now etc, but she kept saying "now". So, IOW, that doesn't mean in a week or month that she won't be leaving. Also Gayle King was on the same show, denying that she was Star's replacement, hasn't even talked to anyone from the show. Yeah, right.

IF Star is leaving, will she succeed at her next venture, especially if it's a talk-show or something like that? Most people seem to despise her.

O/T but BW looked to me like the latest victim of Botox or was stretched too tightly in a face or eye lift. JMO

Defamer.com ripped ol' Star to shreds this morning:

The headline was great:

[Star Jones Leaving 'View' For Exciting Opportunity To Wallow In Obscurity/QUOTE]

But the text was even better:

We try to subject ourselves to ABC's menopausal kaffee klatsch The View as rarely as possible, though we have to admit we were looking forward to watching their latest loud-lady addition, Rosie O'Donnell, squeeze the living breath out of Star Jones with one giant, lesbian bear paw. Sadly, however, that display of alpha-gal dominance may not play itself out, as Page Six reports Jones is leaving the show:
http://www.defamer.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back