The Wall of Hope - New location!

The Wall of Hope, a tribute for missing Kyron Horman, to be moved away from Skyline School

wallofhopejpg-dafb40a5f29422b1_large.jpg

The Wall of Hope, a tribute for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, will soon be moved away from Skyline School, according to Kaine Horman, the boy's father.​

Kaine Horman said the new location has not yet been determined.​

IMO, relocate, make smaller or remove from school for children's sake.
I would like to hear from a professional on children's reactions.
Is it soothing? scarey? It's all about the school children!
Maybe something simple like a small memorial?
I know it is a wall of HOPE. IMO, It is very distracting for children.
A daily reminder that something AWFUL happened at the school.

I'm glad it's being moved but, IMHO, should just be dismantled and taken to Kyron's rooms.

It can't be at school - it would give total strangers access to the school. I would be a wreck watching my class if I knew there were people coming up near the playground at any given time. The kids would have to be afraid that they'd be taken and no one would see or notice.

And as a previous poster said, how long do you leave it up? Now is a good time to make a clean break and let KH and TY take what they want to put in Kyron's rooms at their homes.

I just think that at some point it becomes too sad and depressing, kind of like dead flowers at a cemetery, only serving to show how long this has gone on.

Should definitely be moved before school begins. It can't stay there forever ... and Kyron might not be found for months or years. In a few months, it will just become litter strewn across the school grounds. Better to plant a tree or put in a small garden bed (Kyron's garden). Something that is alive and will serve as a reminder.

I'm glad it's being moved but, IMHO, should just be dismantled and taken to Kyron's rooms.

It can't be at school - it would give total strangers access to the school. I would be a wreck watching my class if I knew there were people coming up near the playground at any given time. The kids would have to be afraid that they'd be taken and no one would see or notice.

And as a previous poster said, how long do you leave it up? Now is a good time to make a clean break and let KH and TY take what they want to put in Kyron's rooms at their homes.

I just think that at some point it becomes too sad and depressing, kind of like dead flowers at a cemetery, only serving to show how long this has gone on.

IIRC Kaine was already taking some things to Kyron's room. It was earlier when he visited the Wall of Hope.

Kaine Horman Visits The Wall of Hope August 16, 2010

Kaine collected gifts and well-wishes at the Wall of Hope created outside Kyron’s school Monday.

Kaine Horman said he supports plans to move the Wall of Hope to another location before school starts in September, although he doesn't yet know where it will be moved to.

“I think our primary concern is safety. Obviously we’re in a situation where a child has gone missing from school and the last thing we want to do is have a bunch of strange adults up on school grounds during the school day,” Kaine said.

“Obviously they’re coming to pay their respects to Kyron and pray for him but at the same time, it puts a lot of additional people on school grounds that aren’t normally here, so there’s a lot of concern for the safety of everybody first.”

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-visits-Wall-of-Hope-100787279.html

I'm thinking a living memorial tree would be a nice gesture..And a Red Ribbon tied around it...JMO

I love this idea. Maybe plant a row of trees at the school? I know people say they don't want it at the school, personally I see no better place. Moving it to another city street would seem tragic, as some passing through wouldn't understand what it was. However, at the school the staff, the students and the parents would have to observe and remember what took place. Sending that somewhere else is like "Oh, this never happened."

It's completely heartbreaking that Kaine is going ahead with buying school supplies for Kyron in case he comes home.

"“I think our primary concern is safety. Obviously we’re in a situation where a child has gone missing from school and the last thing we want to do is have a bunch of strange adults up on school grounds during the school day,” Kaine said.

“Obviously they’re coming to pay their respects to Kyron and pray for him but at the same time, it puts a lot of additional people on school grounds that aren’t normally here, so there’s a lot of concern for the safety of everybody first.”

Is it unusual that Kaine is worried about stranger-danger at the school? Maybe this topic needs it's own thread.

It's completely heartbreaking that Kaine is going ahead with buying school supplies for Kyron in case he comes home.

"“I think our primary concern is safety. Obviously we’re in a situation where a child has gone missing from school and the last thing we want to do is have a bunch of strange adults up on school grounds during the school day,” Kaine said.

Is it unusual that Kaine is worried about stranger-danger at the school? Maybe this topic needs it's own thread.

I don't think so, especially after the weird note written one of the poster board signs.

I think ''stranger danger'' is something that all parents worry about 24/7 and that KH's comments are pretty mainstream (MOO).

The upside of this case, is that it has elevated the awareness of the families that have kids in that area (we have to find the positive somehow).

kaine-wall-1.jpg

kaine-wall-2.jpg

I thought he'd be home. I'm gonna go school supply shopping this week, make sure he's ready for school... just continuing to hope and pray every day that he's coming home," Kaine told KGW in an exclusive interview Monday morning. "I have a phone with me 24/7 - when I sleep, everywhere I go, just waiting for that call so we can go pick him up and move on".​

"I have a phone with me 24/7 - when I sleep, everywhere I go, just waiting for that call so we can go pick him up and move on".​

What in God's name do you do when that becomes your life, when your relationship with your child you love and need and want is reduced to that?

God bless and comfort this man. Ease his pain.

:cry:

Kaine: Security main reason for 'Wall of Hope' being moved
Story Updated: Aug 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM PDT

"My number one thing ... is the security aspect of it," Kaine said. "There are a lot of people who go up to the wall everyday, and when school starts I don't think that having a lot of new faces, new adults, on the school property - with kids in school - really helps with school security. We have a missing child, and security was part of the issue with him going missing .... From a pure 'trying to walk the talk here' it made sense just to move the wall from that aspect alone. Not because anyone's going up there to do harm ... but just to limit the number of new adults going to the area."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100800094.html

I thought he'd be home. I'm gonna go school supply shopping this week, make sure he's ready for school... just continuing to hope and pray every day that he's coming home," Kaine told KGW in an exclusive interview Monday morning. "I have a phone with me 24/7 - when I sleep, everywhere I go, just waiting for that call so we can go pick him up and move on".​

He's going school shopping. Yes, very sad. :(

Kaine: Security main reason for 'Wall of Hope' being moved
Story Updated: Aug 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM PDT

"My number one thing ... is the security aspect of it," Kaine said. "There are a lot of people who go up to the wall everyday, and when school starts I don't think that having a lot of new faces, new adults, on the school property - with kids in school - really helps with school security. We have a missing child, and security was part of the issue with him going missing .... From a pure 'trying to walk the talk here' it made sense just to move the wall from that aspect alone. Not because anyone's going up there to do harm ... but just to limit the number of new adults going to the area."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100800094.html

all very interesting, IMO.

Sobering, isn't it?

From the Divorce Motions thread to this thread - from Madness to Reality.

The Wall of Hope really works. I will miss it. I can't imagine how hard it will be for the family to say goodbye to it. Another Missing Kyron milestone...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back