Their Real Name Is Christmas

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by graybar hotel, Dec 21, 2006.

1. graybar hotel

graybar hotel New Member

Their Real Name Is Christmas
    By DORIE TURNER
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) -

1221dv-christmas-family 1221dv-christmas-fp Don't bother making jokes. This family has heard them all. No, they don't communicate directly with Santa Claus. They don't celebrate the holidays year-round, and they certainly have some not-so-cheerful days. The smirks and the wisecracks are just part of life when your last name is Christmas, and especially so when two of your family members are named - no joke - Mary.

"People ask me all the time, `What were your parents thinking?'" said the younger Mary Christmas, 30. "I never minded. It's a conversation piece."

It all started on Christmas Day 1935, when the elder Mary wedded Henry Christmas, becoming Mary Christmas. They had Bob Christmas, who married Peggy and had six children.

Mary was born first and named for her grandmother. The spirit of the season took hold again when Christy Noel, now 23, was born in December.

To read more:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2006/dec/21/122102547.html

2. Loading...

3. scandi

scandi New Member

Thanks Graybar, and a Merry Christmas to you! Always great to see you here. Scandi

4. graybar hotel

graybar hotel New Member

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas to you too.

Sometimes I wonder why I am the one to find all of these weird stories, but I guess that is why there is a special section.

Have a Happy New Year too,
    Graybar

5. Sassygerl

Sassygerl Active Member

I went to school with a Kelly Christmas years back!!!!! Can you imagine....Mary??? LOL