Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
many people believe it was one of the illegal workers. The illegal workers come here to make money and they will not be involved in crimes risking losing their job. Even if we go with this theory an illegal worker will not have the mind set to plan this crime . To commit such a crime and get away with it takes more than pure luck. The person who did is a stalker. he planned this crime, he thought about diffrent plans in case somthing went wrong ,how not to leave evidence behind connecting him to this case .It was not his first crime and it will not be his last crime until he is caught.
He could have worked for a company like an air conditon company a landscape company, a cable tv , a pool service company,etc.or he could have worked for himself ,an electrician , a painter an idpendent contractor
while he was working he saw jennifer and he got fixated on her. It was easy for him to follow her because he worked there and it wouldn't be suspicious for him to be near her building while she was at work.
Some people suggested maybe jennifer was abducted on her way to work . she could have stopped at diffrent places in the morning but no one came forward remember seeing her at a fast food place or a gas station and Jennifer said she will mail the phone from work, so it's unlikely.
I believe it happaned inside the apt or near the car or maybe when she drove out of the complex ,maybe when she passed through the gate she she was stopped by someone she knew asking for a ride telling her her some story .

I still think it was an illegal worker...no documentation helps you slip away into the shadows

Thinking back to her phone. Was it normal for her to turn it off at 10pm?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

many people believe it was one of the illegal workers. The illegal workers come here to make money and they will not be involved in crimes risking losing their job. Even if we go with this theory an illegal worker will not have the mind set to plan this crime .

You do know that killers have a compulsion, right?

Yes killers have compulsion but not to leave any evidence require thought and planning of the crime. I don't believe an illegal worker would have the ability to think about all details up to the smallest thing.

we can only hope the poi in this case will make a mistake in his next kidnapping, leaving a clue or some evidence behind but this is less likely as we can figure by now that this dangerous predator is very careful in planning his crimes and he has knowledge how to stage crime scenes and how to avoid capture.
Hopefully something somehow will go wrong in his next kidnapping and the future victim will escape and this is how the mystery of Jennifer Jesse will be solved.

I found some interesting information on blink on crime. If this is not allowed, I apologize, and feel free to remove.

Shelly, I am with you girl....I have always thought that Jennifer was not this person(s) last victim....

Not every crime has to be carefully planned out, and I don't think this case is an exception. There's every possibility that Jen's abduction could have been a crime of opportunity. The reason that this is possible is because many predators like to 'cruise' or stalk their victims. This means that on any given day a predator could choose their next victim at random. This victim might be what they're looking for in appearance or behavior. Many predators choose victims based on both characteristics.

For many predators, inebriation makes subduing their victims much easier. Of course, this is mostly irrelevant information since Jen was probably abducted in the early hours of the morning. However, Jen was small-framed and her weight would have been a considerable factor in the success of being able to grab her without much of a fight while taking her to an awaiting vehicle. I'm just trying to understand what the movements of the perpetrator might have looked like.

It would not be strange for a predator to cruise around neighborhoods, college campuses, apartment complexes, etc. trying to find victims. What a predator is really looking for are victims that are not paying attention to their surroundings for whatever reason. We might presume that Jennifer was distracted that morning, maybe taking a phone call before leaving for work. The point I'm making here is that the best possible position for a predator to be in that in which the victim is not looking in their direction.

This makes them open for attack and unlikely to put up much of a fight if they are surprised from behind. There are, however, exceptions. For example, some predators prefer to take a different approach before they attack. They might pull up next to the victim and ask for directions, they might say their car is broken down and ask for a ride, they might fake an injury and ask for help loading something into their vehicle, etc.

The perpetrator probably found Jennifer appealing because she may have fit their ideal victim profile. Investigators have explored this possibility by looking for other women around Florida with similar features who have been abducted. The perpetrator has eluded us in this case for over ten years because they have either gone through a dry spell where they have discontinued the hunt for victims or the more likely possibility which is that they have been careful not to get caught. However, if I've learned anything about criminals over the years it's that this kind of behavior is addictive to them and it won't be too long before they need to get their next fix, which means that most of them will slip up sooner or later.

Not every crime has to be carefully planned out, and I don't think this case is an exception. There's every possibility that Jen's abduction could have been a crime of opportunity. The reason that this is possible is because many predators like to 'cruise' or stalk their victims. This means that on any given day a predator could choose their next victim at random. This victim might be what they're looking for in appearance or behavior. Many predators choose victims based on both characteristics.

For many predators, inebriation makes subduing their victims much easier. Of course, this is mostly irrelevant information since Jen was probably abducted in the early hours of the morning. However, Jen was small-framed and her weight would have been a considerable factor in the success of being able to grab her without much of a fight while taking her to an awaiting vehicle. I'm just trying to understand what the movements of the perpetrator might have looked like.

It would not be strange for a predator to cruise around neighborhoods, college campuses, apartment complexes, etc. trying to find victims. What a predator is really looking for are victims that are not paying attention to their surroundings for whatever reason. We might presume that Jennifer was distracted that morning, maybe taking a phone call before leaving for work. The point I'm making here is that the best possible position for a predator to be in that in which the victim is not looking in their direction.

This makes them open for attack and unlikely to put up much of a fight if they are surprised from behind. There are, however, exceptions. For example, some predators prefer to take a different approach before they attack. They might pull up next to the victim and ask for directions, they might say their car is broken down and ask for a ride, they might fake an injury and ask for help loading something into their vehicle, etc.

The perpetrator probably found Jennifer appealing because she may have fit their ideal victim profile. Investigators have explored this possibility by looking for other women around Florida with similar features who have been abducted. The perpetrator has eluded us in this case for over ten years because they have either gone through a dry spell where they have discontinued the hunt for victims or the more likely possibility which is that they have been careful not to get caught. However, if I've learned anything about criminals over the years it's that this kind of behavior is addictive to them and it won't be too long before they need to get their next fix, which means that most of them will slip up sooner or later.

I tend to lean in the direction of the crime not being carefully planned out. At least with the part of how the car was dropped off in sight of a camera that was obvious. (Of course, in today's society surveillance cameras are everywhere now and it is possible that one can't find them all in a location.) Some things about this crime seem to be well thought out like the lack of forensic evidence in her car - a very detailed wipe down of the vehicle. But how it was dropped not so much.

I believe it was possible it was crime of opportunity and this was one very fortunate criminal. LE did almost no forensic searches of Jennifer's condo and I don't believe they searched the other units either. (But that would have been a lot of units to search.) I never heard much about whether there was a security system and, if so, whether LE looked at that in enough detail. I don't believe this is so much a well planned crime as it is a lack of a well planned investigation in the beginning when it would have counted.

LE has said they believe the crime occurred in the morning when she was leaving. If so, why did her phone power down the night before? OTH, if the crime occurred that night, how did the criminal get access to Jennifer inside her unit? I believe the chance of successful abduction is greater coming up from behind the victim as they are going to their vehicle than it is going after them in their place of residence where you don't where the victim is in the unit or what they are doing. You risk having to close the distance on them while they can scream and/or grab a weapon.

This is such a strange disappearance I have a difficult time forming a theory on what could have happened.

We really don't know that the perp needed access to Jennifer's apartment. We don't know if she was abducted from her apartment. Whether or not the apartment was processed, nobody reported any signs of a struggle having been noticed inside the apartment.

One thing I have thought about, is that predatory behavior tends to be about power and control. Therefore despite the popular myth that a predator can't control his sexual urges, most predators are liable to sense and be attracted to fear and vulnerability (while some will prefer a challenge). I presume that this is why a disproportionate number of women seem to become the victims of random abduction shortly after getting in a fight with their significant other (I have no statistics, but this is probably obvious to those who have followed many cases). At such a time, they are in an emotionally vulnerable state that theoretically makes them attractive to a predator who happens to cross their path.

Why is this relevant here? Because Jennifer's phone stopped pinging for good shortly after she got off the phone with her boyfriend. I am pretty sure I recall reading that they had argued (purportedly, "it wasnt so much an argument as a I miss you/we live far away kinda deal"), but Jennifer might have been more angry or otherwise affected than Rob or anyone else had realized or otherwise let on.

So, what if the OPD's detectives' initial instincts were more accurate than given credit for. She got in a fight with her boyfriend. Just because she didn't run away, does not mean she couldn't have done something slightly rash when tired and angry, and crossed paths with the wrong guy in the process. If she had made a rash decision that she was going to break up with Rob - or what not - how might she have reacted, who might she have turned to? A phone conversation would have left a foot print. A conversation via AOL IM - I'm not sure.

We really don't know that the perp needed access to Jennifer's apartment. We don't know if she was abducted from her apartment. Whether or not the apartment was processed, nobody reported any signs of a struggle having been noticed inside the apartment.

One thing I have thought about, is that predatory behavior tends to be about power and control. Therefore despite the popular myth that a predator can't control his sexual urges, most predators are liable to sense and be attracted to fear and vulnerability (while some will prefer a challenge). I presume that this is why a disproportionate number of women seem to become the victims of random abduction shortly after getting in a fight with their significant other (I have no statistics, but this is probably obvious to those who have followed many cases). At such a time, they are in an emotionally vulnerable state that theoretically makes them attractive to a predator who happens to cross their path.

Why is this relevant here? Because Jennifer's phone stopped pinging for good shortly after she got off the phone with her boyfriend. I am pretty sure I recall reading that they had argued (purportedly, "it wasnt so much an argument as a I miss you/we live far away kinda deal"), but Jennifer might have been more angry or otherwise affected than Rob or anyone else had realized or otherwise let on.

So, what if the OPD's detectives' initial instincts were more accurate than given credit for. She got in a fight with her boyfriend. Just because she didn't run away, does not mean she couldn't have done something slightly rash when tired and angry, and crossed paths with the wrong guy in the process. If she had made a rash decision that she was going to break up with Rob - or what not - how might she have reacted, who might she have turned to? A phone conversation would have left a foot print. A conversation via AOL IM - I'm not sure.

Another valid theory. Was there an argument and was Jennifer angry enough to shut off her phone and then step outside her apartment and walk around? Were some of the workers staying in the condos overnight and one of them saw her? It would have been easier to sneak up on someone in the dark. But then why are both phones missing? And her briefcase and iPod? I can see why the police tend to think it happened in the morning with things like that missing.

I can't help but think that somewhere in all these posts is a scenario as to how it actually happened and when it is solved we'll probably see it was a very simple set of events.

She used her cell phone as an alarm clock per Drew....did she have an alarm clock available to awaken her?

maybe when Jennifer left for work
after she pass the gate someone she recognized and knew from the complex
a painter independent contracter,an office worker ,stopped her telling a story like
My car got stuck...i run out of gas... I need a ride to get my car....Jennifer agreed once inside her car he could have told her to drive to remote area or he said the car is by his house
Jennifer not suspecting anything they got there he told her something that made her get out of her car and he abducted her into his van who parked there and her car was in his garage until noon .
Or on her way to work someone
maybe a police officer stoped her so she felt safe to stop her car and then she was abducted .
Or maybe the coworker followed her that morning, he told her to come early that morning Jennifer was after vacation and need to fill in and prepare for the meeting, he knew her route to work and the co-worker could have stopped her .
There are also scenarios that could have happanned at night. Someone was waiting outside and he saw the lights went off and opened the door with a key he had,he knew Jennifer lived alone most likely he followed her and he saw she came home alone or he could I
have knocked on the door telling her he hit her car and Jennifer went down with him and he forced her inside his van. After he returned at night took things from the apt and moved her car to his house.He cleaned the car and was careful not to take the DVD from the back sit ,not to touch unnecessary places in the car so his fingerprints wont be all over
At noon at his lunch break or before going to his work he returned the car.Walk or took the bus.

It looks like tbe poi weats all white uniform and wears a net over his hair.
People who works at Public bakery wears all white and there is
public across the street from where the car was dropped. After dropping the car he could easily blend in with the people on the street and go back to his work at Public.
Did Jennifer used to go to public for grocery shopping? maybe that's where he saw her first and followed her and he knew where she lived. Another scenario Jennifer on her way to work in the morning stopped at Public to buy something to eat at breakfast and he grabbed her in the parking lot forcing her to his can after took her to wherever he took her he returned and moved her car

I'm guessing Jennifer was abducted before she got near her car.
Whoever the perpetrator was he would have been aware of the car she drove.

How many master keys for the condos was there? Who had them?

I think we will have to wait for some future technology to help solve this mystery.

Apparently the Mosaic had the ability to make keys there as Drew said that he saw the blank keys and machinery to make keys himself....also, several keys I assume on a key ring was misplaced or stolen...In other words apparently keys to the different condos were everywhere, they probably had no idea who had the keys......Jennifers condo locks were never changed after she moved it...For all we know it could have been a previous tenant that came into her condo....

while she was gone and who knows how many people he had over there I wouldnt be surprised if he had a small party so there is gonna be DNA and finger prints literaly everywhere in the appt..She didn;t fight with her bf at all that night .they had just gotten home from a long vacation and they were jet lagged so after going to their own places of residents ..Shortly after that rob called and she was short with him saying it.s almost 10 oclock iam gonna go to bed now because im exhausted...How that made it in to a fight iam not sure at all...I seen another post about collecting DNA and fingerprints from inside the house..Thats not gonna work because her brother and his friends stayed in the appartment ..My opinnion has allways been this the workers who did this and remember they had been working there for a long long time i think they were watching jen and the problem with that is that 9 times out of ten she wasnt alone rob would stay over so they were able to know when she was alone then it branches off to too different sinarios the first being remember the brothers friend left his phone at jens house and she was asked if she could over night the phone with im not sure which one but ups or a different place where she could ship it out over night .so now she leaves to go to ship the cell.from there i think one or too things happend the workers seen her come home alone so when they seen her leave .he had a key and let himself in and hid and waited forjen to come home ..Or they knocked on the door saying they were told by the condo maintinence to chesk the whatever u wanna say your fusebow or water level and asoon as they let them in they did whatever ended up happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme