Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Haleigh is in fact NOT in that MH by the time Ronald gets home, it is easy to see why people would conclude this must be what happened, instead of viewing all the components and being able to see why it most likely did NOT happen this way. As you state, Flossie, it doesn't shoot the theory down for you. Ok.

But not only does it shoot down the theory for me, it leaves only one theory that I can work with, and that is that something happened to Haleigh long before that 911 call was made and everything else was staged to make it appear as though she were snatched by a perp, known or unknown.
snipped BM for space
So you believe the crime scene was stagged?
If Misty staged it why would she not show forced entry?
Why would she prop the back door?
Why would she leave the kitchen light on?
Why would she lie about HaLeighs shirt and later claim to of found it?

These few questions have me perplexed because all would indicate her from the very begining and she is still free. The staging was ment to look like she did it not the other way around. The reason she was the key is because this act of revenge was a set up to send Misty down the river. The mud that was slung her way was circumstantial to show guilt and allow the public a birds eye veiw into selective activities of Misty's weeks and months prior. Ron was also put into that public spot light with the unfounded abuse alligations. I have to ask again why and who would want revenge so bad to implicate Misty of a crime against a child. Why would Crystal bring forth aligations of abuse against Ron when she states she never suspected he abused the children before for days after Haliegh was abducted,but,took pictures in November with her stepmom and did nothing until after HaLeigh goes missing?
If you can help me out with these few questions I just might see it in a different light.

Originally Posted by debs
That someone would stage the MH to look like an abduction, take Haleigh, leave Jr and have people discuss that this was because of a future custody battle? ok.

Or the one about staging the MH to look like an abduction in order to rescue one child from harm and leave the other in harm's way? ok.

Theorizing that someone in Crystal's family could have taken Haleigh for either of these purposes means that this person had to have been made aware of the layout of the MH, the sleeping arrangements, Misty's habits for sleeping, the best way to get into and out of the MH without being detected by neighbors who may be looking, putting themselves at risk of discovery in both the entrance into the MH as well as the exit out of it, not to mention having to deal with Misty should she still be awake. Risking that Misty would have awakened at all seems a risk that only a fool would think of taking....not necessarily improbable, of course.

There is only one way to that trailer from Buffalo Bluffs road. Only one way to get away from it. There are two doors into the trailer. Both doors are visible to neighbors. The front door may provide more coverage as an entrance/exit, but then why stage the back door? The back door has nothing to provide it cover. It is a poor choice for anyone to pick as an ingress/egress. Of course it is possible that someone could have gone through the woods and accessed the trailer by parking their vehicle in another spot, then carried Haleigh all the way back to their vehicle, but we deal again with the visibility of getting out of that house. It is a great risk, and only a fool would take it, especially so close to the time when Ronald is known to be coming home.

For instance, Misty states she went to bed at 10-10:30. Give her the average 20 minutes to fall asleep, even 15 after the busy cleaning she had done up to that point, and the partying she'd be recovering from over the weekend before, and she's gonna be sleeping pretty hard. But 4 1/2 hours later, "she saw 3" and she was awake due to body functions of needing to go to the bathroom/get water. It is not improbable that someone waited until they saw the lights go off to make their move, so "just to be safe" waited another hour or so before going in. But then the staging makes no sense again. Why sit and wait, only to stage the door? Why not get in, get out and get gone? obviously in this theory, someone is at least watching what the patterns MIGHT be, but they can't know for sure. And they definitely don't know where the kids are sleeping. There would have been no way to know that until entrance (even if Misty took the blanket off the window, there would be no way a perp, sitting in the woods watching, could see UP into the trailer and DOWN onto the floor of the bedroom to the OTHER side of the bed to see where Haleigh was laying.)

So, this watcher in the woods waits, sees the bedroom light go off and is able to get into the trailer, traverse his/her way through the laundry on the floor, sneak into a squeaky-floored house, never rousing Jr or Misty and putting them on high alert that something was out of place (could happen; my granddaughter sleeps like a zombie) and goes right to where Haleigh is and takes her, still not waking Misty or Jr with the whole thing, impressively hoists the child up from the prone limp position of zombie sleep into their arms, back out the door of the bedroom, through the house and out.

Since Haleigh is in fact NOT in that MH by the time Ronald gets home, it is easy to see why people would conclude this must be what happened, instead of viewing all the components and being able to see why it most likely did NOT happen this way. As you state, Flossie, it doesn't shoot the theory down for you. Ok.

But not only does it shoot down the theory for me, it leaves only one theory that I can work with, and that is that something happened to Haleigh long before that 911 call was made and everything else was staged to make it appear as though she were snatched by a perp, known or unknown.

I think it is very probable that Haleigh was kidnapped and murdered with no intent of her return plus the reason that Rj was not taken. I think plausible and possible motives are revenge, money, or sexual assault.

It did not take a rocket scientist to pull off this kidnapping without a trace. It happens on a regular basis where people are kidnapped, murdered, and involved in other horrific crimes where they take huge risks of being caught during the commission of the crimes yet they get away with them. How many unsolved cases are there in America which daring and bold criminals committed them in broad daylight? WS is full of those cases.

Who is to say that the perp wouldn't have killed Misty if she had awakened? We don't know if the perp had a weapon or not. Maybe the perp was very prepared to deal with the situation, but her life was spared since she did not wake up.

I have put up case after case where the perps would enter the home, turn on lights, go into a bedroom with others present, take time to collect items, abduct children, and even return them into the same bedroom after raping them. The theory that it cannot or would not be done has been disproven. It has been done many times and those cases are well documented. In most of those cases, the perp did not have prior knowledge of the inside of the home, did not know the people sleeping inside of the home, or have any way to evaluate the risks of entering the home. They pulled it off anyway.

Maybe M wasn't home. She may have left the MH or she wasn't there at all. RC may have been there and an accident occurred with Haleigh. He left with Haleigh.

Misty returns/arrives to find Haleigh missing. She calls RC..no answer and maybe TN who tells her mother to go over there and check. Later ... she calls RC again, he doesn't answer and happens to be pulling up in driveway. She panics. Tells RC she was sleeping and the door was open (left open by RC) and his daughter is missing. Misty is now filling in blanks about sleep, clothings, etc from here on out. She doesn't want to tell RC that she wasn't there.

RC may have left door unlocked, light on, etc. She believes an intruder really was there.

He doesn't tell her he was there....

Technically, I never said OR implied that Misty was the one who staged the MH. However, I do believe it WAS staged, and in order to avoid a huge fight with others, I'll just say that I believe it WAS staged.

So, to answer your questions without identifying who I believe staged:
1. I believe it was staged.
2. In this question, IF Misty was the one who staged it, I could not answer why she wouldn't make it look like a forced entry. It can be assumed logically, since we have both Ronald and Misty insisting that the doors were locked, that the entry was either with tacit agreement, through an unlocked door, or staged. The unlocked door is the only option that allows for a stranger abduction (along with whatever theory people like to hang with, be it familial abduction unknown to the parents, familial abduction to avoid child support, familial abduction in order to force the hands of one or the other parent into complying with ...... whatever. Take your pick.)
3. A perp would prop the back door to make it look like that was the way a perp went in or came out. The person who staged it would have done it for the same reason.
4. A perp would have never turned on the light, so this is another clue for me to determine the scene was staged.
5. I cannot answer for what Misty's issue was with what Haleigh was wearing that night. I do not know whether she lied or whether she just didn't know and threw out a best guess which proved incorrect. Either way, what it demonstrates is a lack of knowledge on something that should have been rather academic. I find no reason to excuse her age in this matter, because frankly, if she had the maturity to be the 24/7 daycare provider, she can be assumed to have the ability to keep track of what she put on the child to go to bed. But maybe not. I can only guess, and it isn't worth it to me past the point that she really was sadly unaware.

Misty is still free due to the choices LE makes, and nothing anyone else could wish or hope will change that. Until they have a binding legal reason to arrest her and charge her with something, she will rightly remain so. Whether anyone likes that or not, LE gets to choose. I cannot successfully conclude that LE doesn't have enough for an arrest, based on that. I can only conclude that IF they have anything on her, they aren't arresting her for reasons unknown. The conclusion I come to regarding that thought is not a pleasant one.

Your conclusion that Misty was set up to be sent down the river is inriguing and leads to the natural question of "who would set her up and why." Mudslinging in this case was like sitting ringside at a mudwrestling match so it really is a wash for me as to what was said about her. There isn't one person involved who hasn't got an intimiate knowledge of how it is on the other side of the law. Sad, really. (Well, Haleigh and Jr and Chloe.......they're innocent.)

TN also took pictures. It seems to me both sides were leery that the other would use those images as proof of abuse. Turned out, they were. Crystal has separated herself from her former attorney, as she says, for "personal reasons." Doesn't seem to get much more personal than being publicly flogged for following attorney advice on an issue that later is proven unfounded. Were those pictures of demonstrable abuse? I couldn't tell you. They were pretty awful. Not my call; that was DFS. But there will never be ANYONE EVER who will convince me that when people started approaching Crystal with stories about abuse, that they should not have been investigated. If these same people had only come forward with these complaints long ago, I wonder where this family would be today. Day late and dollar short, but rightfully reported, investigated, and as far as DFS is concerned, closed.

snipped BM for space
So you believe the crime scene was stagged?
If Misty staged it why would she not show forced entry?
Why would she prop the back door?
Why would she leave the kitchen light on?
Why would she lie about HaLeighs shirt and later claim to of found it?

These few questions have me perplexed because all would indicate her from the very begining and she is still free. The staging was ment to look like she did it not the other way around. The reason she was the key is because this act of revenge was a set up to send Misty down the river. The mud that was slung her way was circumstantial to show guilt and allow the public a birds eye veiw into selective activities of Misty's weeks and months prior. Ron was also put into that public spot light with the unfounded abuse alligations. I have to ask again why and who would want revenge so bad to implicate Misty of a crime against a child. Why would Crystal bring forth aligations of abuse against Ron when she states she never suspected he abused the children before for days after Haliegh was abducted,but,took pictures in November with her stepmom and did nothing until after HaLeigh goes missing?
If you can help me out with these few questions I just might see it in a different light.

Those PICs always bothered me. The school record said scratch on nose....my that looked bad for a scratch on nose! It did look like a scratch at first too...but evolved into looking like a fall to the head, which normally would have been written. School record said, "scratch to nose".

Why didn't the school record more than that? I get the impression the school was very concerned with anything regarding Haleigh. TN picked her up and took pics...that is unusual. She must have been worried about RC looking like he might have abused her. If there was no reason, why worry? Or was she looking for a lawsuit against the school?...never know..

I don't see Haleigh's face as being just a "scratch" either. I don't know what it means but that was way more than a scratch. Could the school have been trying to down play it, maybe. If my child looked like that I would not say she had a scratch. Frankly I'd be horrified.

The school records do not say scratch they state a cut on the nose.

I don't think the school would do that. They are held liable for injuries. Of course, many parents don't sue...but there are always a handful that will. The would document the incident. I thought I remembered seeing the word "scratch"...oh well, "cut" is fine too.

I think it is very probable that Haleigh was kidnapped and murdered with no intent of her return plus the reason that Rj was not taken. I think plausible and possible motives are revenge, money, or sexual assault.
It did not take a rocket scientist to pull off this kidnapping without a trace. It happens on a regular basis where people are kidnapped, murdered, and involved in other horrific crimes where they take huge risks of being caught during the commission of the crimes yet they get away with them. How many unsolved cases are there in America which daring and bold criminals committed them in broad daylight? WS is full of those cases.

Who is to say that the perp wouldn't have killed Misty if she had awakened? We don't know if the perp had a weapon or not. Maybe the perp was very prepared to deal with the situation, but her life was spared since she did not wake up.

I have put up case after case where the perps would enter the home, turn on lights, go into a bedroom with others present, take time to collect items, abduct children, and even return them into the same bedroom after raping them. The theory that it cannot or would not be done has been disproven. It has been done many times and those cases are well documented. In most of those cases, the perp did not have prior knowledge of the inside of the home, did not know the people sleeping inside of the home, or have any way to evaluate the risks of entering the home. They pulled it off anyway.

BBM Thank you, thank you, and thank you. So, if Haleigh was taken for money or revenge, whose fault do you think that was? I would say Ron's since she was his daughter and she was living with him and he has rather a spotted record, plus rumors? You just solidified everything many of us were thinking for a long time. Thanks, SS, you really are a wealth of information.

My opinion only

Busy, I assume you saw the school report and you are saying they reported cut, right?...anything else on the report I may have missed?

Started thinking about the word "cut". IIRC...it was "scratch" on school record but if you researched it, it will save me the look up.

All it said was scratch, going from memory here..and you say "cut'..if there was a "cut" though, that is worse and may have required bandaging.

The school records do not say scratch they state a cut on the nose.

You can forget schools and truth, they lie like cheap rugs to protect themselves, I know I worked for one and left because they made me sick. Also, my twin boys both lost their front teeth on school grounds but the "school" said they were not liable. Yeah, right, of course they were. However, I didn't sue because I had great insurance. Do NOT believe your local school is in any way truthful 'cause in my experience they aren't. One example I will give is the dean of student (in a VERY presitigious school) knew about drugs but hid the whole damned thing. I know, I was his secretary. He also hid a lot more. Eventually this school was hit by rather a scandel.

My opinion only

A copy of the document is in the forum documents thread.

Busy, I assume you saw the school report and you are saying they reported cut, right?...anything else on the report I may have missed?

Started thinking about the word "cut". IIRC...it was "scratch" on school record but if you researched it, it will save me the look up.

All it said was scratch, going from memory here..and you say "cut'..if there was a "cut" though, that is worse and may have required bandaging.

I think TN took Pics because of possibly suing the school district. I don't think she was worried about RC or Crystal. I don't think RC was involved in abuse on this one.

I think TN took Pics because of possibly suing the school district. I don't think she was worried about RC or Crystal. I don't think RC was involved in abuse on this one.

That's possible. What was Connie's reason for taking the pics?

BBM Thank you, thank you, and thank you. So, if Haleigh was taken for money or revenge, whose fault do you think that was? I would say Ron's since she was his daughter and she was living with him and he has rather a spotted record, plus rumors? You just solidified everything many of us were thinking for a long time. Thanks, SS, you really are a wealth of information.

My opinion only
If it were for revenge or money, I believe it would go directly towards the Sheffield/Griffis clan as it is my opinion those are very real motives they have for getting rid of Haleigh. It isn't only the back support which Crystal owed and was possibly going to jail for...but now I have learned she possibly may not have to pay for Haleigh anymore at all. This goes into the thousands of dollars for motive, imo. The revenge we have already had the displeasure to witness from that family and would serve as a prime motive to disappear Haleigh to get back at Ronald.

Maybe she simply took photos of Haleigh for her own personal reasons. I used to take photos of my kids constantly including their injuries, but not because I was planning on suing anyone or because of custody issues.

If it were for revenge or money, I believe it would go directly towards the Sheffield/Griffis clan as it is my opinion those are very real motives they have for getting rid of Haleigh. It isn't only the back support which Crystal owed and was possibly going to jail for...but now I have learned she possibly may not have to pay for Haleigh anymore at all. This goes into the thousands of dollars for motive, imo. The revenge we have already had the displeasure to witness from that family and would serve as a prime motive to disappear Haleigh to get back at Ronald.

I would appreciate it if you lose the disrepectful comments and stop talking down to me. The thinly veiled and snide remarks are getting old.

It would be rare for a mother to kill her own baby for back child support she owed - even though originally the law came into being for mothers who made WAY more than the fathers. Since Crystal has a new baby, I believe the she should be able to stay at home and raise her child, like the rest of us were able to, but somehow that went by the wayside, you know dissolution of the family and all that, and fathers who work when it's convenient, you know what I mean.

My opinion only

It could be that HaLeigh was murdered or taken to cover an assault, sexual or otherwise. We just disagree on the order of perps in the importance rally.

do you have links for this scenario for revenge? Seriously you cant believe that is more plausible than Ronald pissing off or robbing drug dealers.....btw I dont have links either, so maybe both our post should be deleted.......to blame one side or another you need to show character issues which they both have....but by far since Haleigh went missing, its well documented on all the ignorant things ron has done....ie, going 2 hours away for a free tattoo, getting married, going to New York.....all the while his baby, his heart is missing......bet you just disregard that stupidity

There is always the possibility of stranger abduction. That is the broadest catagory and gives LE more power and means to investigate.

The reason I rule it out is the back door and Misty's vague, inconsistent stories and inability and resistance to questions or people she don't like. She is self-serving with her answers. If I were RC, she would have to be worried about me getting that info from her. Instead, he marries her....and that is the other reason that this case is derailed. This is a first for me. Marrying a person you know for a brief time and that person was watching your child who vanished.

Gosh, I hope we don't have to wait till she turns 18, but that may be the case. They cannot interview her in a tough way because of her age. It is likely she had an adult with her in every interview telling them the same thing. They used kid gloves...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff