Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth....I have been told that it would be extremely rare (and inprobable) for someone to be declared dead in a fire without any remains (i.e complete dental and bones.) I asked if a few teeth would be sufficient in a car or a house (I read somewhere that BK was missing a few...maybe 4?... top teeth and it was unknown if they were lost at the Burger King or prior) and was told it would be highly unlikely.

So I was pondering why noone will step forward and say that they know him. Was this a hired hit by novices? Could it be that the people that know him don't want to be identified?

Thoughts.... I don't know exactly what I think regarding a theory. My only thoughts are at the time Mr. Kyle was going through some type of transistion in his life, for which his family, friends, peers, coworkers might have thought he simply decided to stay put where he was at. His sexuality is of no importance, imo... nor is his lack of comments on the possibility of a family. What is important are his recollections, memories, work ethic. He said something about "I have no country" when commenting on the show regarding getting a SS number *if* he were to claim illegal alien status. That leads me to think his parents were born in the 20's. He may have been a late life child with older parents...

IMO, he may not have faced a loss, but was rather looking to make a change of some sort which he thought long and hard about before making that decision. Especially with his work ethics. IMO, his comment about "went to see the ocean", in my mind represents taking a long hard look out into the beyond... and that is how I have come to my conclusion. Maybe after caring for his parents and losing them, or making a difficult decision to put them into nursing care. IMO, digging through his few memories is what will solves this case, along with the national attention which he was so blessed to receive from Dr Phil's show. So very many would hope for a few min of attention, and he was blessed with an hour almost exclusively.

One last thought... and this is really not relevent to his identification, other than to say he is a hot hot hottie! ;).... ( late night Disney channel). He is very handsome... he has beautiful eyes... and it is very easy to see his good looks.. He is aging gracefully... I hope he is reading this and knows many of us females here, who are about 15-20 years younger than his estimated age think he is one fine looking man. On that note, I have to say this because it is driving me nuts! BK, can we ask you please comb your hair straight back? I mean no disrespect by that, but I think that side part makes you look older than you really are.

Bk, if you read this, it is sooo easy to vision your face at a younger age... I see it more in my mind than the age regressed pictures. I vision you as a blonde child... who went darker in your teenage years. Your smile- your cheeks and chin are almost identical to my son and his father... My sons father is of English descent... 100% though several generations later. Have you considered doing the ancestry DNA test? It might be worth a shot...

In BK's face, I do not see evidence of a 'rough' life which would have aged him beyond his years due to stress, drug or alcohol abuse... I see a man who is blessed with the grace of looking younger than his years... but some age evidence possibly due to wt. changes...

BK, if you read this... you have a face like my dads... my dad is pushing 70 and for the last 30 years he has been mistaken for my sisters and I brother or boyfriend, Few with light hair, skin and blue eyes can be so blessed.

I am praying for you! :blowkiss: Keep your chin up, and we will get this mystery resolved.. hopefully sooner....

You are awesome, Cubby!!! You, Christine and I can start the first official groupie fan site for Mr. Kyle, lol.

He has no recollection of driving a big rig but also pointed out that he has not really been given an opportunity to get into one lately. I am going to see if there is a way to see if he knows his way around the inside of one...we have a mod here who may have access to some of these vehicles...through work not because they have them parked behind their house, lol! Maybe we can set something up.

Thoughts.... I don't know exactly what I think regarding a theory. My only thoughts are at the time Mr. Kyle was going through some type of transistion in his life, for which his family, friends, peers, coworkers might have thought he simply decided to stay put where he was at. His sexuality is of no importance, imo... nor is his lack of comments on the possibility of a family. What is important are his recollections, memories, work ethic. He said something about "I have no country" when commenting on the show regarding getting a SS number *if* he were to claim illegal alien status. That leads me to think his parents were born in the 20's. He may have been a late life child with older parents...

IMO, he may not have faced a loss, but was rather looking to make a change of some sort which he thought long and hard about before making that decision. Especially with his work ethics. IMO, his comment about "went to see the ocean", in my mind represents taking a long hard look out into the beyond... and that is how I have come to my conclusion. Maybe after caring for his parents and losing them, or making a difficult decision to put them into nursing care. IMO, digging through his few memories is what will solves this case, along with the national attention which he was so blessed to receive from Dr Phil's show. So very many would hope for a few min of attention, and he was blessed with an hour almost exclusively.

One last thought... and this is really not relevent to his identification, other than to say he is a hot hot hottie! ;).... ( late night Disney channel). He is very handsome... he has beautiful eyes... and it is very easy to see his good looks.. He is aging gracefully... I hope he is reading this and knows many of us females here, who are about 15-20 years younger than his estimated age think he is one fine looking man. On that note, I have to say this because it is driving me nuts! BK, can we ask you please comb your hair straight back? I mean no disrespect by that, but I think that side part makes you look older than you really are.

Bk, if you read this, it is sooo easy to vision your face at a younger age... I see it more in my mind than the age regressed pictures. I vision you as a blonde child... who went darker in your teenage years. Your smile- your cheeks and chin are almost identical to my son and his father... My sons father is of English descent... 100% though several generations later. Have you considered doing the ancestry DNA test? It might be worth a shot...

In BK's face, I do not see evidence of a 'rough' life which would have aged him beyond his years due to stress, drug or alcohol abuse... I see a man who is blessed with the grace of looking younger than his years... but some age evidence possibly due to wt. changes...

BK, if you read this... you have a face like my dads... my dad is pushing 70 and for the last 30 years he has been mistaken for my sisters and I brother or boyfriend, Few with light hair, skin and blue eyes can be so blessed.

I am praying for you! :blowkiss: Keep your chin up, and we will get this mystery resolved.. hopefully sooner....

Has Mr Kyle ever mentioned memories of skiing? Are his scars/injuries consistent with skiing? The memories he has of Colorado just now made me think of skiing. Also, can a person develop cataracts from the snow glare? I know, dumb questions that probably have no answers, but I just can't stop thinking about him.

PS I agree that Mr Kyle has aged well! I wouldn't think he was a day over 45- he's handsome!

You are awesome, Cubby!!! You, Christine and I can start the first official groupie fan site for Mr. Kyle, lol.

Support has definitely been posted directly to BK in case he reads here in other threads, Believe and Cubby. I know in the Dr. Phil show thread, there are many personal posts of support to him. Also, there were before he appeared on the show.

I get the feeling that anger is being expressed because some of us have wondered why a middle aged adult would not discuss feelings or questions related to a family of his own, and wondered if the attack upon him might have been a hate crime. I do not have any prejudices against gays. I was stating that in some areas of the South, it would not be uncommon to be beaten ( or even perhaps killed) if a same- sex proposition occurred. I have known of it happening. It is tragic and senseless, but it is something we can discuss if we are kind about it. We do not know what BK thinks about his PERSONAL life. Nothing at all. Just impressions related to perhaps a job or a location of a job, and a few childhood memories.
This tells me that he is repressing the memories about his personal life the most, OR does not want them to be made public, which would possibly hinder his being ID'd.

Cubby and Believe, I can't speak for anyone else who questioned why he doesn't discuss questions related to an adult personal life, but I can tell you that I meant no disrespect in discussing aspects of possibilities. We come to WS, we discuss. I posted what I posted with sensitivity and respect. I feel that both of you are taking me to task because of my post.
Am I mis-reading what you both posted, or do you view posts with theories about his lifestyle to be somehow wrong? If so, I will be glad to delete mine.
I thought I was being sensitive and kind, but if it does not read that way to you, I had rather it not be online at all. :)

Thank you.
Maria

I can't speak for Cubs, but free speech supports all kinds of questions, comments etc-in terms of his sexuality I have an opinion based on my experiences speaking with him. Cubby is stating her opinion regarding whether or not she thinks it is relevant-at least that is how I read it. I post as much as I can regarding my conversations with him as I can without breeching his privacy. I won't be asking him if he is gay, but that doesn't mean that it is a wrong question-I just don't think that he is. JMO. And BTW, you guys would be FLOORED at some of the requests strangers have made of this poor man-I think there are all kinds of ways to discover his identity without stripping him bare.

And I am not saying that any of you are stripping him bare-I will pass along the responses I receive when it is OK with him. But I don't send everything that is asked here-he reads here so he sees pretty much everything that is posted.... As to why anyone would be "angry" regarding what he chooses to discuss or not discuss...what is made public and what is not-well that is a headshaker for me because he does not know who is friend or foe-I mean for real. And he is a dignified private man-who can't be so that he can find out who he is...sigh.

:blowkiss:

Support has definitely been posted directly to BK in case he reads here in other threads, Believe and Cubby. I know in the Dr. Phil show thread, there are many personal posts of support to him. Also, there were before he appeared on the show.

I get the feeling that anger is being expressed because some of us have wondered why a middle aged adult would not discuss feelings or questions related to a family of his own, and wondered if the attack upon him might have been a hate crime. I do not have any prejudices against gays. I was stating that in some areas of the South, it would not be uncommon to be beaten ( or even perhaps killed) if a same- sex proposition occurred. I have known of it happening. It is tragic and senseless, but it is something we can discuss if we are kind about it. We do not know what BK thinks about his PERSONAL life. Nothing at all. Just impressions related to perhaps a job or a location of a job, and a few childhood memories.
This tells me that he is repressing the memories about his personal life the most, OR does not want them to be made public, which would possibly hinder his being ID'd.

Cubby and Believe, I can't speak for anyone else who questioned why he doesn't discuss questions related to an adult personal life, but I can tell you that I meant no disrespect in discussing aspects of possibilities. We come to WS, we discuss. I posted what I posted with sensitivity and respect. I feel that both of you are taking me to task because of my post.
Am I mis-reading what you both posted, or do you view posts with theories about his lifestyle to be somehow wrong? If so, I will be glad to delete mine.
I thought I was being sensitive and kind, but if it does not read that way to you, I had rather it not be online at all. :)

Thank you.
Maria

believe09, i appreciate you and your posts. i agree with your positions. i see that he wants to find out his past, but that doesn't mean that any question should be asked. but please, i am not trying to offend anyone by making that comment, just my comment is all, no judgement passed on anyone. benjaman has already gone a giant step by putting himself under the microscope by going on dr phil's.......that is a very large step on personal privacy.
bluestarzz

I guess I need to apologize. I was the one who made the initial inquiry, and it was most certainly NOT to offend, but to try and figure out why he was attacked. If we can figure out why he was attacked, maybe we have another clue to go on. I will not discuss this again, and I do apologize.

I guess I need to apologize. I was the one who made the initial inquiry, and it was most certainly NOT to offend, but to try and figure out why he was attacked. If we can figure out why he was attacked, maybe we have another clue to go on. I will not discuss this again, and I do apologize.

I honestly do not think you need to apologize (nor do I think anyone was upset at the question.) I think some have differing opinions on the relevance however your question was a very good one and your point was very valid. The thought had crossed my mind, and others I am sure. It may mean something...it may mean nothing....but at this point we have nothing so every theory/possibility/question, etc. is a good one to put out there. There is no shame in being gay and I don't think, given the circumstances, there is any apology necessary for posing the question. Your intent was not to upset anyone...which I am sure we can all realize, as we all are here to do whatever we can to try and help this man. Thank you! :blowkiss:

Nope-I don't think it requires and apology, JMO. As Voice said there is no shame in being gay-it is a legitimate line of questioning and you just never, ever know what will shake this case open.

I just wanted you folks to understand my position...no harm.

Thank you.
Maria

Maria,
I am sorry my post appeared to you the way it did. Beleive was right, they were my thoughts and opinions of my view only. Anyone is free to ask whatever questions or make any comments they like. I am unsure, honestly, as to how the attack, or reasons for attack might help with his identification, other than to find out where he was- where the attack happened and IF their were any witnesses to the crime.

I understand his not mentioning possiblities of family, for which he has no memories. I imagine they might be very painful, and if he is unsure I am certain he would not want to lead anyone on a wild goose chase.

I also would not imagine him even thinking of or contemplating getting involved with anyone now.. Especially with so much uncertainty in his life. So, some interests of his, he may simply not focus on because he has so much else to deal with right now.

I'm not always very good at expressing myself verbally, or in writing. I'm sorry if my post was misconstrued. It was not meant to be offensive to anyone else's thoughts or idea's. :blowkiss:

Maria,
I am sorry my post appeared to you the way it did. Beleive was right, they were my thoughts and opinions of my view only. Anyone is free to ask whatever questions or make any comments they like. I am unsure, honestly, as to how the attack, or reasons for attack might help with his identification, other than to find out where he was- where the attack happened and IF their were any witnesses to the crime.

I understand his not mentioning possiblities of family, for which he has no memories. I imagine they might be very painful, and if he is unsure I am certain he would not want to lead anyone on a wild goose chase.

I also would not imagine him even thinking of or contemplating getting involved with anyone now.. Especially with so much uncertainty in his life. So, some interests of his, he may simply not focus on because he has so much else to deal with right now.

I'm not always very good at expressing myself verbally, or in writing. I'm sorry if my post was misconstrued. It was not meant to be offensive to anyone else's thoughts or idea's. :blowkiss:

You are always awesome and thoughtful, at least IMO Cubby...

What if BK lost a family member, son, brother etc in a war? The Iraq war was going on in 2004 and you could even consider Desert Storm since it started only 14 yrs before he was found. I wounder if anyone named Benjaman either a last name or first, was killed or MIA? Is there a easy way for a regular citizen to find out this info like a searchable database?

My thought was that it was water-related...As I recall, not only is this BK near I-95, it also appears to be near a canal or waterway. Maybe a boating accident? Sunlight reflecting on water could have affected his eyes, and if he were dazed and disoriented he may have undressed himself to get out of his soaked clothing.
Just tossing some thoughts out there.
Interesting thought about him undressing himself to get out of wet clothing, I hadn't ever thought of that possibility. I just always assumed someone took his clothing from him and I kept wondering what he could've been wearing that would've been able to identify him. After watching the Dr. Phil episode and hearing Benjaman mention remembering the Catholic church (as a child), my husband wondered if he had been a priest and his clothing could've ID'd him. :waitasec:

Interesting thought about him undressing himself to get out of wet clothing, I hadn't ever thought of that possibility. I just always assumed someone took his clothing from him and I kept wondering what he could've been wearing that would've been able to identify him. After watching the Dr. Phil episode and hearing Benjaman mention remembering the Catholic church (as a child), my husband wondered if he had been a priest and his clothing could've ID'd him. :waitasec:

Or a work uniform.

I just relocated from Richmond Hill. That Burger King is now closed but prior to that I ate there quite often.

The Savannah/ Hilton Head Airport is about 20 minutes from the Richmond Hill exit. As earlier stated, Burger King is maybe a quarter of a mile off of I-95.

Railroad tracks run right behind Burger King. (no more than 100 ft. away probably.) CSX freight trains share this track with Amtrak. There are a few sidings (holding areas for trains) near Richmond Hill. As far-fetched as this sounds, he could have been an Amtrak passenger that was assaulted then thrown from the train while it was in a siding. He could have then stumbled to Burger King where he collapsed behind the dumpster.

Like I said, farfetched but anything is a possibility at this point.

I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions re: Richmond Hill and the surrounding areas.

I just relocated from Richmond Hill. That Burger King is now closed but prior to that I ate there quite often.

The Savannah/ Hilton Head Airport is about 20 minutes from the Richmond Hill exit. As earlier stated, Burger King is maybe a quarter of a mile off of I-95.

Railroad tracks run right behind Burger King. (no more than 100 ft. away probably.) CSX freight trains share this track with Amtrak. There are a few sidings (holding areas for trains) near Richmond Hill. As far-fetched as this sounds, he could have been an Amtrak passenger that was assaulted then thrown from the train while it was in a siding. He could have then stumbled to Burger King where he collapsed behind the dumpster.

Like I said, farfetched but anything is a possibility at this point.

I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions re: Richmond Hill and the surrounding areas.

WELCOME to the thread!!!!!!!!!! Let me regroup...then I will pepper you with questions.

Oh, here is one-

What was the word on the street about that Burger King? Was it in a tough area of town, were there a lot of transients there, abandoned vehicles and the like???

Let's say for the sake of argument BK flew into Savannah in 2004...perhaps even from Denver.

I started to do a little checking and found that in 2004, AirTran was offering some KILLER deals on flights...39.00 one way for example. Well, they didn't seem to fly to and from Denver that I could see.

But it got me thinking-perhaps BK was using up frequent flyer miles or got a killer deal on a flight and thought he would go somewhere he had never been before....

One of the hottest restaurant associated leads we had at the beginning of the year was from a woman who was sure she knew him from food trade shows in Orlando. She was in the industry for 15 years and was certain she had a nodding acquaintance with him but did not know him directly. She could not recall if he had a booth or he was attending like everyone else. She remembered seeing him at more than one trade show.

What if he did travel for business? So let's go backwards and try and figure out how do we figure out what airlines were flying into Savannah from the west during the time he was missing. Then we can either kick it to FBI Bill or approach the airlines directly to check manifests if they still have them available. Did they have someone who did not come back???

Am I insane or does this seem doable??

Thanks for the welcome!

Burger King was not in a bad part of town at all. Richmond Hill is a fairly affluent area, in the three years that I lived there I never once saw a transient or witnessed any crimes. It (Burger King) is in your typical "restaurant row" right off of the exit. McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Arby's, KFC are all grouped in that area. There is also a truckstop right across the highway. VERY busy truckstop, might I add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong