Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to Jessica's 911 call, it sounds as if Nancy was one to live by cell, so I interpret this to mean that she was unlikely to have called on the landline. Therefore in my mind, I interpret this to rule out her alerting Brad about babysitting and I'll go even further to say that Brad probably didn't know that Nancy and the kids were going to Jessica's.

I also think that it's safe to assume that some of the earlier theories about the phone call being a way to check whether Nancy was home, so that Jessica could sneak over to Brad's for a quick tryst can be eliminated.

But, I will say that from the tone and language of the 911 call, I do tend to put some credence toward the idea that the word "organize" could've been an indirect reference by law enforcement toward Nancy preparing to move into an apartment, without tipping their hand to Brad about how much they knew.

Perhaps her parents had given her some money on Hilton Head and she had spent the previous week touring complexes. Maybe she had even signed a lease on Friday and Jessica's call to the party was when she knew Nancy wouldn't be home, so that she could privately find out whether she had signed a lease and whether she had told Brad.

And quite possibly, Nancy told Brad that she was moving before the gathering, but I actually lean more toward her telling him afterward (maybe after a couple of glasses of conviction) and upon hearing the news, Brad might have struck her and either his ironman strength was too much, maybe she accidently fell down the stairs, or perhaps she fatally hit her head on the corner of some furniture all of which might have caused him to panic and to feel the need to cover-up her death.

I don't know, but that's what I got from my initial listens to the 911 call.
---

ETA: Now, hours later, I've fleshed this theory out a little further with some analysis that I've posted to the "911" subforum.

(Linked to avoid cross-posting)

After listening to Jessica's 911 call, it sounds as if Nancy was one to live by cell, so I interpret this to mean that she was unlikely to have called on the landline. Therefore in my mind, I interpret this to rule out her alerting Brad about babysitting and I'll go even further to say that Brad probably didn't know that Nancy and the kids were going to Jessica's.

I also think that it's safe to assume that some of the earlier theories about the phone call being a way to check whether Nancy was home, so that Jessica could sneak over to Brad's for a quick tryst can be eliminated.

But, I will say that from the tone and language of the 911 call, I do tend to put some credence toward the idea that the word "organize" could've been an indirect reference by law enforcement toward Nancy preparing to move into an apartment, without tipping their hand to Brad about how much they knew.

Perhaps her parents had given her some money on Hilton Head and she had spent the previous week touring complexes. Maybe she had even signed a lease on Friday and Jessica's call to the party was when she knew Nancy wouldn't be home, so that she could privately find out whether she had signed a lease and whether she had told Brad.

And quite possibly, Nancy told Brad that she was moving before the gathering, but I actually lean more toward her telling him afterward (maybe after a couple of glasses of conviction) and upon hearing the news, Brad might have struck her and either his ironman strength was too much, maybe she accidently fell down the stairs, or perhaps she fatally hit her head on the corner of some furniture all of which might have caused him to panic and to feel the need to cover-up her death.

I think it is possible that the Saturday Nancy was reported missing was indeed her day to move and quite possibly Jessica was going to help her with that at the new place. I also think it is possible that Brad knew Nancy was leaving that weekend, well before she was to do so. The word "organize" has always sounded to me as though Nancy had some place to be other than in the same residence with Brad and she was preparing to put that in place.

It is hard to have small children running around while painting. Not impossible, but difficult.
So another possible theory..... Jessica called NC at the party to say her husband had a previous obligation she had forgotten about. Jessica asked if Brad would also watch her child and/or children. Nancy said she couldn't see why not, he already was babysitting and an extra to play with Bella would be great. NC went home Friday nite to tell BC what she had agreed to...BC just got another child added to his babysitting duties. He goes bonkers on her!

This seems unlikely to me. Given the circumstances Jessica knew about, no way would she let Brad babysit her kids.

Also, I don't think BC knew about the 8am plans with Jessica. If he had, he wouldn't have made up the 7 am jogging story.

I also agree with Magister that it would be certainly possible for her kids to come help paint. Pop a DVD in, problem solved.

It could be that Mrs. Adam's husband had agreed to watch all the kids while the ladies painted.

I clearly remember doing all painting in the middle of the night and at the crack of dawn when my kids were small.

The one time I painted during the day, my 2 year old got away from my husband (who was watching the kids on another floor of the house), dipped her hands in white enamel paint and splattered it all over the play room floor.

It is difficult to accomplish anything major or messy (and painting is both) with toddlers around -- unless another adult is watching the kids very closely.

We don't know where BC is right now, but after hearing that 911 call, I'd wager he is not staying with the Adams.

Respectfully,
RC

This seems unlikely to me. Given the circumstances Jessica knew about, no way would she let Brad babysit her kids.

Also, I don't think BC knew about the 8am plans with Jessica. If he had, he wouldn't have made up the 7 am jogging story.

I also agree with Magister that it would be certainly possible for her kids to come help paint. Pop a DVD in, problem solved.

Totally agree. I would think it would likely have been a conversation after the party involving something *BIG* and unusually upsetting that could have caused B to lose it, if that indeed did occur. N finding an apartment would fit that category of being something much bigger than the "normal" topics of tension & stress. JMO

Totally agree. I would think it would likely have been a conversation after the party involving something *BIG* and unusually upsetting that could have caused B to lose it, if that indeed did occur. N finding an apartment would fit that category of being something much bigger than the "normal" topics of tension & stress. JMO

I would agree, Nancy actually departing the residence could be the "big" issue that arose. Brad already knew she intended to leave, had known since March when Nancy retained consul, even confiscated the children's passports, however she had not yet left before her murder. It is very possible that upon returning from a vacation with her family, she had decided it was time. The custody filing makes it plain that he was abusive by yelling and belittling her in front of the children - her leaving would remove all of his thunder and, control.

That is a FANTASTIC observation! YES! A guy who's got a lot going on wants to be out doing it (esp. when it's all about HIM).

I have a friend who has a really selfish hubby and they have 1 child, 3 yr old, and she does 95% of the childcare and boy, when we go out he's calling and whining to her "when you gonna come homeeeee." This guy can't wait to palm off his child so he can be off doing his various hobbies. In fact even the one or 2 times we went out of town on a mini vacation, he started calling her to come back and he had the grandparents nearby helping him out.

So in this case, not only is Brad Cooper not livid that his wife hasn't come back, he's not even concerned, and he's not the one who's looking for her or calling to find her. INTERESTING! Obviously the reason for any lack of being either angry or concerned: he knew she wasn't coming back. GOTCHA BRAD!
Thank you :) but it just makes sense to me, from what I know about these controlling types. Fortunately I'm not married to one, but have friends who've gone though marriages with them and this type of person instills such a fear and panic into their wife that the woman can't be 5 min. late home or else. For Brad to not even seem concerned that Nancy hadn't returned home, either shows he didn't care at all & isn't as domineering as some have said, or he is the one who killed her and knew she wouldn't be coming back.

I think it is possible that the Saturday Nancy was reported missing was indeed her day to move and quite possibly Jessica was going to help her with that at the new place. I also think it is possible that Brad knew Nancy was leaving that weekend, well before she was to do so. The word "organize" has always sounded to me as though Nancy had some place to be other than in the same residence with Brad and she was preparing to put that in place.
I think so too. What would she have to 'organize' at the house she shared with Brad? She was home there all day with the kids while he was at work and had plenty of time for that, even after being gone on her little vacation.

If he had to buy cleaning supplies to clean up the mess from the attack, you'd think he would need to clean himself up first too. That would explain needing to do laundry at 4am. You can use laundry detergent to clean floors, but you can't use floor cleaner to clean clothing.

I have been thinking about the "detergent" for a couple of days. If it is indeed a reality that BC purchases detergent with bleach, IMO BC could have needed this to wash the clothes NC may have worn to the party (or PJs, or whatever).

If she died wearing those clothes instead of her jogging attire, (no matter what the cause of death) there would be bodily fluids present. Fluid on any NC clothing/bedding wouldn't jive with BCs story.

He thinks he is brilliant. He is wrong. I hope justice comes quickly. IMO

Maybe she wanted to de-clutter, prior to moving out, or pack some stuff up to take. Or maybe she is not by nature an organized person and wanted help figuring out how to organize her stuff better -- there are lots of people like that, even stay-at-home moms. Although, if she was planning to move out, I don't think she'd be too concerned about having an organized home just to stay there and live with BC.

If Nancy or anyone close to her (friends or family) had any inkling this would happen to her, I don't think she would have returned from the vacation (assuming her girls went with her).

Respectfully,
RC

I think so too. What would she have to 'organize' at the house she shared with Brad? She was home there all day with the kids while he was at work and had plenty of time for that, even after being gone on her little vacation.

Good points, excelguy. Certainly BC did not get rid of NC's clothing aside from what she was wearing when her body was found -- that's probably the first thing the cops asked about or looked for. A "smart murderer" would keep the clothing and try to clean it.

Hopefully the detergent would not have removed all signs of body fluids resulting from a murder.

Hopefully LE has found some evidence besides what we already know about.

Hopefully NC's body had evidence of what happened to her, and how, and from whom, still on it -- even though it laid out in the open for several days of heat, humidity and rain.

I wish they'd hurry up and arrest BC, if they are going to do it. The longer it takes, the more I worry about whether they will be able to procure enough probable cause to arrest him.

If BC didn't do, I hope LE figures out who did it and gets the goods on them, pronto.

My worries don't mean a thing though -- I always worry until the perp gets arrested, and then I worry during the jury deliberations.

Respectfully,
RC

If she died wearing those clothes instead of her jogging attire, (no matter what the cause of death) there would be bodily fluids present. Fluid on any NC clothing/bedding wouldn't jive with BCs story.

He thinks he is brilliant. He is wrong. I hope justice comes quickly. IMO

Maybe she wanted to de-clutter, prior to moving out, or pack some stuff up to take. Or maybe she is not by nature an organized person and wanted help figuring out how to organize her stuff better -- there are lots of people like that, even stay-at-home moms. Although, if she was planning to move out, I don't think she'd be too concerned about having an organized home just to stay there and live with BC.

I don't have any links onhand, but I'm 99% certain that the intial, local media reports used the word "clean" and it was the Chief who introduced "organize" during her first press conference, which was around the time that national media found the story.

On a similar note: I also recall video and a brief interview with Brent because he was heading-up the volunteer search which gave no hint that he had suspicions, back when this was still a local story and considering Jessica's 911 call, you might assume that the Adams and the PD had worked out some kind of "cover" for why Jessica had been looking for Nancy.

(Maybe Jessica and Nancy had come up with the "painting Jessica's kitchen story" earlier, perhaps as someone has said somewhere, Nancy's sister said that she had been painting for days. The quid quo pro of cleaning and/or organizing (the basement or the garage?) might've been spur of the moment from Jessica to Brad and the PD helped continue the lie.)

I don't know about these latter points, but I'm almost absolutely certain that "clean" was the description in the beginning.

"Adam said that Cooper was supposed to join her Saturday morning at Adam’s house to help paint her dining room. The friends had a deal: Cooper was going to help paint; then Adam was going to help Cooper organize her house." http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1140988.html

Still think this sounds like NC had filled her weekend with activities that would ensure she was not alone w/BC. Speculating that if she was planning a move, the organization would be good to complete in advance - paint on Sat, organize on Sun. With two little ones, organizing toys, books, clothes isn't much of a strech. A move would be better completed during the week while BC was at work and kids at preschool. IMO

According to a local CTV newscast last week, it was reported that the sister , Jill Dean who still lives in Edmonton, said Nancy was planning to move with the girls to her sister's in Ottawa. That is the one and only time I have heard that statement.

I don't think anyone will ever know what prompted Nancy's murder...likely some kind of fight but who knows. There were only 2 people there at the time and one is dead and the other isn't talking.

You can come up with 1,000 theories but in the end who's to say for sure?

The bottom line is that Nancy was murdered, taken to that site, and left there to rot. She was in an unhappy marriage, about to separate, with 2 small kids, and her life was snuffed out and 2 little girls are left without their mommy.

This isn't rocket science. The husband is being looked at and will continue to be in the glare of LE's scope. He had the means, motive, and opportunity. This is a fairly typical case when you get right down to it. Not very fancy or elaborate...just your 'average' murder by an intimate of the victim. Unfortunately all too common these days, which is what makes it 'average.'

According to a local CTV newscast last week, it was reported that the sister , Jill Dean who still lives in Edmonton, said Nancy was planning to move with the girls to her sister's in Ottawa. That is the one and only time I have heard that statement.

Makes sense to me - seems Nancy was very close to her twin. I suspect since Brad confiscated the children's passprts before, that any plan by Nancy to move to Ottawa would have been definitely not to his liking.

If you think about it...there was no outcome that would be especially pleasing to Brad Cooper.

1. He doesn't want Nancy to leave and take the kids away but

2. He doesn't want Nancy and

3. He probably did not want to (have to) take care of the kids by himself

So the guy is unhappily married, having an alleged affair, has 2 kids, pursuing his own interests, doesn't want the wife to leave WITH the kids. But I bet had she just left and left the kids with him he would have been enraged by that too.

It really was a 'no-win' situation where both parties could be at peace with the outcome.

The neighborhood friends obviously were much closer to Nancy than Brad. She was invited to a fun get together, leaving him home to baby sit by his lonesome.
IMO, his anger mounted and when she walked in after midnight, his temper soared and in a fit of rage, he either struck her with a blunt object or strangled her with his bare hands.

Speculation about the passports......

Is it possible NC could have used her father's connections to obtain new passports?

BC withheld passports as a power play to keep her from leaving.
The passports were found in NCs car.
NCs father is retired senior government official
NC just returned from meeting with family in HH Island

Is it possible her father was able to obtain duplicate/new passports. If so, NC could now leave.

Maybe BC found out he had lost his power play.......

Earlier in the week, the trip to the store to buy laundry detergent made this look like an unplanned murder. He had to go shopping before he could clean up.

With the new affidavits, it now looks like the trips to the store could be part of an attempted alibi. He remotely initiated calls from the house to his cell phone as an attempt to make it look like NC was still alive at that time.

New theory: this was planned in advance, but the Cary PD apparently has seen through his ruse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73