Theory #1: Stranger Abduction by the "Couple in the Car"

Discussion in 'Anna Christian Waters' started by Dr. Doogie, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Carrying forward.

cutter99, Tippy Lynn and nannymo like this.

2. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Carrying forward.

3. SideKick

SideKick Well-Known Member

DNA should be run through the national system if anyone is be matched and Anna’s DNA is in that system so I’m not understanding the Mendocino County doe’s.

cutter99 likes this.
  4. SideKick

5. SideKick

Could that vehicle beside the van be the original one seen with Anna and brothers we researched. A gold/green car, I can’t recall the possible make.

cutter99 and nannymo like this.
  6. Annasbro

Annasbro Member

That is the thought- To me there are a number of startling coincidences with all of this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  7. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

The mendocino jane doe is clearly ruled out. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. I carried the posts forward because Jeffrey Bratcher was mentioned. My bad, sorry.

Eta, the Mendocino John and jane doe case was solved some time ago.

Laughing, annemc2, cutter99 and 2 others like this.
  8. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

Oh Annasbro....I am so hoping you get some results from this tip. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for a miracle!

They do happen you know!

I have read a lot about your sister and poke my face in and lurk occasionally. Hoping for the best and keep us posted! :)

annemc2, cutter99 and Tippy Lynn like this.
  9. smile22

smile22 Live Laugh Love

hoping you get some more info out of this break.
    praying that this year brings answers to you and your family

SideKick, Skully and nannymo like this.
  10. SideKick

@Annasbro
    We’re you ever able to identify the area code for the Washington phone number?
    As we know each city can have different codes per area.
    This may be key in narrowing down suspects.
    Thank you

Laughing likes this.
  11. Dcliff

Dcliff Member

12. Dcliff

Dcliff Member

Im new here so didn’t know where to post but I told my story on another Anna site on here last night (by replying to someone). The story is is my best recollection of the man and woman, ..and the car. They led me to your description here but I’m not sure. If you need for me to copy/paste the story onto this thread I will.

Basically - a man and woman tried to kidnap me in Felton in late 1972. I was 5.

The car did resemble an old impala - (the very car I identified when looking at random cars), but the trunk would have been about equal length to the front - like a 63-66 dodge dart uniformity. I cant remember the rear end of the car as well but sense it was of equal length to the front. I have 2 old impalas and neither look like whats in my mind from my experience, but the one I saw online when just looking at old cars struck me. The front/side view of a 62 Impala. Memories are coming back as I give the memories my attention, so I’ll see if more details pop in about that car.

A 5 year old’s memories being translated into a 53 year okds reasoning is tricky at moments, but in my story I describe what I see as I go back to that morning. I have no idea if it will help or not but the fact that I’m talking about this in 2020 is surreal. It’s just strange that it popped into my mind, that it was held in consciousness, and that I dug (thus discovering Anna had also disappeared close to my time). Id not heard of Anna until yesterday.

I am going to look for old journals as I wrote this story down when I was about 19. I hope I find them.
    I always knew those people were not going to stop with me. I just knew it.

sorry about any typos. Long day and doing it from a phone:)

nannymo and Cubby like this.
  13. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Thank you and welcome to WS, Dcliff!

nannymo, Laughing and Dcliff like this.
  14. SideKick

Who has this number from the box from hell now?
    Please, it is very important.

15. SideKick

Do you have this number with area code?

16. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

With all due respect. How is it that after 33 years, Nonda was able to remember the clothing down to the embroidery on the woman's blouse, but didn't remember to notify anyone of this couple at the time of Anna disappearance?

I'm sorry, but I believe the story about the couple in the car was an attempt to ease the pain of a life shattering event when Dr. Doogie first initiated the search with Annasmom.

I understand why someone might do that, especially when there were no answers at the time. However, today, with new information, we really need to consider the accuracy of a memory 33 years after the event occurred.

Laughing and nannymo like this.
  17. jbenson

jbenson New Member

You are entitled to your opinion on memories but keep in mind that it is just that - an opinion. Everyone is different when it comes to memory. I can remember things from as far back as 3, things that are confirmed by siblings and friends. I would suggest reading up on the subject of repressed/suppressed memories. There are many things that can cause this and in many cases traumatic memories do return later on in life in adults who experienced severe trauma. If the memories are from childhood or young adulthood, this can happen in middle-age once the person is secure and at lower stress levels. The brain seems to then allow these things to come back for processing. There is also something known as retrograde amnesia. I'm not saying this is true in Nonda’s case IDK, but he has stated that he recalls telling people about the couple in the car. Perhaps it wasn’t seen as significant at the time, or perhaps like myself when I was younger he wasn’t a very good communicator. With all due respect I don’t feel that you are in a position to diagnose or judge someone and their reason for revealing a memory that you have never met. I do respect your opinion but keeping an open mind is far more helpful than a knee-jerk reaction to shut people down right away if you don't believe something.

cutter99 and nannymo like this.
  18. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

@jbenson

I've been working this case since 2007. 14 years is a long time. It's been at least 3 years since we received the tip regarding the neighbor boy. I've given these tips a great deal of consideration as well as research to vet the source.

I am certain the chance of Anna being harmed by a boy who lived nearby, knew the family, and molested his sister is far greater than a random stranger - who lived in an entirely different area of the country somehow popping up in a rural area to abduct Anna.

It's about as likely as the case being solved by a psychic and its unfair to the family to deflect from the facts.

Laughing and nannymo like this.
  19. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

This case breaks my heart. I wish Anna could be found.

Cubby and Laughing like this.