Third-Grader Delivers Baby Brother

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by stillwatersc, Feb 17, 2011.

1. stillwatersc

stillwatersc New Member

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/15/oklahoma-third-grader-delivers-baby-brother-with-help-from-grea/

When her pregnant niece Kim Tennyson started nesting, Nadine Rogers joked that the baby was going to show up in the wee hours.

"She was cleaning house and washing and running the vacuum," Rogers told AOL News.

Tennyson had reported to the hospital more than once in recent days with contractions. Each time, she was told her surges were of the Braxton Hicks (pre-labor) variety.

"I told her, 'You watch, that baby's going to hit you at 2 in the morning,'" said Rogers, who, although she is Tennyson's aunt, has been called "Grandma" since Tennyson's mother left her at 9 months.

2. Loading...

3. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

What a story...! I found this in the link above - sounds like a precious big brother/son:

4. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

aw, I love when I stumble across these make you smile stories.

5. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Me, too, tlcox. What a smart little guy. He keeps his mom calm, assists in delivering the baby following instructions by phone, and THEN gets his siblings dressed and ready to go to the hospital. I'll say he's a hero. Don't know too many dads who could handle all of that. :)