this fires me up

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by michelle, Jan 5, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Joy comes in the Morning

2. Loading...

3. ravenmad

ravenmad New Member

How totally horrid!
    I am totally appalled!

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Too bad I'm an atheist, because I would really like to believe there is a special place reserved for people like this, in HELL!

5. michelle

these people should be smacked!!! those poor patients, denied medicine, thats horrible...

6. deanws

deanws Former Member

I am sooo glad the B@stards got caught. Now watch them just get a slap on the wrist! I hope some SERIOUS jail time is served! This makes me want to cry. I am so glad that my grandparents never had to stay in one. :(

7. michelle

i hope they get jail time too...

8. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

What a shame! I'm so glad they were caught, they give a bad name to workers who really do care about their patients. I have nothing against nursing homes, but many patients are left there and the family rarely visits to check on their condition. I feel so sorry for those people, just left to waste away and die.

9. Becba

Becba Former Member

Mt grandfather was in a nursing home and complained they were being beaten and neglected. He had a problem that caused dementia and so no one believed him. He was beaten to death by a nurse. I was young when it happened and don't know what happened to the nursing home, just remember they put the nurse in a mental hospital. We went to visit him all the time and never saw any marks or anything and my mother often spoke with the staff. Seems after visiting hours a whole different attitude was shown towards the patients and he was denied food when he complained.

10. michelle

awww thats so sad. i have worked in nursing homes and loved my patients you can learn a lot from the elderly they have a lot to share and have so much wisdom, i loved hearing about their familys and their childhood, i cant wait to finish school to start working with them again...

11. j2mirish

j2mirish Former Member

I was going to nursing school and the hospital had an affiliate nursing home, so naturally the students were sent over there all the time--
    I will never forget an old couple that was always standing in the lobby fully dressed including hats, coats, scarves an gloves-- they always said they were waiting for their son to come and pick them up-- after a few weeks of seeing this- I said soemething to one of the staff about the couple always ready for their son to get them- she told me they sat there everyday, most of the day waiting-- and he never comes- but day after day--- they went to the lobby waiting- needless to say- I didnt make it thru nursing school-- that broke my heart

12. j2mirish

j2mirish Former Member

you sound like the perfect...perfect person for this career---
    what an angel:clap:

13. michelle

aww thank you i needed to hear that....:blowkiss: