Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Thomas centenary: happy birthday dear Dylan

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by wfgodot, Oct 27, 2014.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Happy 100th birthday to you, Dylan Thomas! (newswales.co.uk)

Stars join 'readathon' for Dylan Thomas centenary (BBC w/video)

2. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere New Member

"Love In The Asylum" is a favorite of mine.

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

The day I turned 24, my advisor hit me up in the hallway outside the grad ass't offices, and recited

4. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere New Member

^^^ Awe-strike.

*exits WS; quests poetry by Dylan Thomas*

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

from Fern Hill

6. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere New Member

7. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

A favourite of mine, A Child's Christmas in Wales.
    ...It was on the afternoon of the Christmas Eve, and I was in Mrs. Prothero's garden, waiting for cats, with her son Jim. It was snowing. It was always snowing at Christmas. December, in my memory, is white as Lapland, though there were no reindeers. But there were cats. Patient, cold and callous, our hands wrapped in socks, we waited to snowball the cats. Sleek and long as jaguars and horrible-whiskered, spitting and snarling, they would slink and sidle over the white back-garden walls, and the lynx-eyed hunters, Jim and I, fur-capped and moccasined trappers from Hudson Bay, off Mumbles Road, would hurl our deadly snowballs at the green of their eyes. The wise cats never appeared....

When I lived in London, Kilburn, I used to walk my dog in the park with a lady who regaled me with stories of how she used to drink with Dylan in Soho when she was younger.

O/T. I cannot resist posting this, nowt to do with DT (unfortunate initials) but to do with reminiscence and Christmas. Made me laugh...

[video=youtube;t9floPXNLjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9floPXNLjs[/video]