Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, 6 additional months makes sense if the cops are not close to an arrest.

It makes no sense the cops aren't close either -whatever they missed or messed up on isn't going to come in another 180 days unless Jy confesses and that simply is not going to happen.

The 2-14-08 sealed SW's were due to expire this Thursday (180 days). As per the newly ordered procedure, the clerk is supposed to notify the court of this date with notice. Apparently this was done on Friday. It looks like the Judge thinks 180 days is a fair standard for sealing, and threw in an additional 4 days until 8-19-08.
wink.gif

Keep in mind the 'unsealed' sw's of 7/07 were finally sealed 6/08 for 180 days ....available to the public in early December, 2008.

Are you sure about that?

Guess my math is off. :confused:

YW, RC!

Right back attcha! :blowkiss:

WRAL says two warrants - the N & O reports it as warrants served on residences where JY had been or was staying at so probably the same reference. Will certainly be very interesting to see why LE went down to Brevard and Etowah to check in. Wonder how many times they have been seen hanging around down there since ? Hope this doesn't start another round of Brevard bawling. :crazy: The big bad media you know !

WRAL says two warrants - the N & O reports it as warrants served on residences where JY had been or was staying at so probably the same reference. Will certainly be very interesting to see why LE went down to Brevard and Etowah to check in. Wonder how many times they have been seen hanging around down there since ? Hope this doesn't start another round of Brevard bawling. :crazy: The big bad media you know !

Yep.

Can't wait to see the probable cause.

Oh, I'd love to know that too!

WRAL is reporting the same thing.

Raleigh, N.C. — Two search warrants in the Michelle Young murder case will be resealed for 10 days.
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3364454/

Personally, I am sceptical of both reports (possible N&O typo)
Based on the timing of their report, there is a chance WRAL.com web editors simply parroted the N&O scoop.

I hope I am wrong and they will be available next Tuesday and not 180 days.

Yup....Downright Depressing.:(

Sorry to be a downer - the murderer has been free and living it up for too long, he killed a beautiful young woman and an innocent baby. It is past time to put an end to his freedom. I hope they can do it.

Personally, I am sceptical of both reports (possible N&O typo)
Based on the timing of their report, there is a chance WRAL.com web editors simply parroted the N&O scoop.

I hope I am wrong and they will be available next Tuesday and not 180 days.

I do too!

Maybe the 10 days is the judge's way of telling the DA to come up with a more compelling reason to keep the warrants sealed for a longer period.

There's a good thought!

Isn't this the same judge that sealed the warrants in the NC case?

There's a good thought!

Isn't this the same judge that sealed the warrants in the NC case?

Yes it is one and the same and from watching the hearing he was not happy about judge's being accused of sealing warrants on a frequent basis.

Ok, here is 'the rest of the story' from the N&O
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1173981.html

"Stephens first sealed the warrants for 90 days, court records show, but agreed Friday to seal the warrants for 10 more days, after which they will be made available to the public."

After the 2-14-08 SW's, looks like the cops sat on them for 3 months w/o returning. They finally decided to get the judge to officially seal them in May for 90 days. When that order expired, he sealed them for an additional 10 days......until Tuesday , August th.

Please no typos
praying.gif

Ok, here is 'the rest of the story' from the N&O
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1173981.html

"Stephens first sealed the warrants for 90 days, court records show, but agreed Friday to seal the warrants for 10 more days, after which they will be made available to the public."

After the 2-14-08 SW's, looks like the cops sat on them for 3 months w/o returning. They finally decided to get the judge to officially seal them in May for 90 days. When that order expired, he sealed them for an additional 10 days......until Tuesday , August th.

Please no typos
praying.gif

Strange but perhaps indicative of a pending arrest ? GJ today - this gives LE a week to make the arrest after indictment. Unsealing the "sensitive" info could have tipped off the person to be arrested ? The 10 days is just down right strange.

Hope for an arrest but not holding breath...

Strange but perhaps indicative of a pending arrest ? GJ today - this gives LE a week to make the arrest after indictment. Unsealing the "sensitive" info could have tipped off the person to be arrested ? The 10 days is just down right strange.

Hope for an arrest but not holding breath...

Maybe , just maybe the cops told the Judge they were going to the GJ today
:Banane03:

....like you, not holding my breath

Maybe , just maybe the cops told the Judge they were going to the GJ today
:Banane03:

....like you, not holding my breath

The only kicker is that "sensitive information" - JY and clan already know what it says - a hitman might not though - so maybe two arrests. Jy and his buddy he hired or who just helped.

I hope something is in the works, its been way too long.

The only kicker is that "sensitive information" - JY and clan already know what it says - a hitman might not though - so maybe two arrests. Jy and his buddy he hired or who just helped.

I hope something is in the works, its been way too long.

Makes you wonder ? The mountain clan knows full well what the cops are up to so why would it matter if the public knew ?
One of the big issues in the Nancy Cooper sealed warrants was releasing 'unproven hearsay' could effect Brad's right to a fair trial, by tainting a jury pool.....far different from "sensitive information"

Like you, I would not be the least bit surprised if this ends up being a conspiracy and there are 2 arrests. The retired HS teacher has been harping on the '2 killer' theory for quite a while. Who knows, maybe the 7/07 sealed warrant was served on a suspected co-conspirator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member