Three die playing catch with grenade

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif] A hand grenade being used instead of a ball in a game of catch exploded early on Saturday killing three youths in this Bosnian town, police and news agencies said.[/font] [font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Two youths aged 19 and 20, one of them from neighboring Croatia, were killed instantly while a 20-year-old woman died on her way to hospital, police said. Her sister was slightly injured but two other youths suffered serious injuries.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]The blast occurred at 2:00 a.m. in the western town of Novi Grad at a place in the town center frequented by youngsters. Police said an inquiry was under way and declined further comment. It was not clear why the grenade exploded.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]ONASA news agency quoted witnesses as saying the youths tossed the hand grenade to each other before it exploded in the hands of one of them.[/font]

http://reuters.excite.com/article/20051107/2005-11-0

2. Loading...

3. SeanB

SeanB New Member

I think this one is a good candidate for the Darwin awards!

4. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

I agree. It is tragic, but these weren't little kids and should have known better.