Three parents drown trying to rescue their children from Quebec river

Valleyboy

Grumpy Old Man..
Reaction score
Three parents drown trying to rescue their children from Quebec river

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ng-to-rescue-their-children-from-quebec-river

SAGUENAY, QUE. —Three parents drowned over the weekend while trying to rescue their children from a strong-flowing river in Quebec's northeast Saguenay region.

The trouble began around 6 p.m. Saturday when two boys, aged six and eight, were playing on the bank of Wapishish River, according to Quebec provincial police.

Sgt. Helene Nepton said the boys went into the water to fetch a toy and got caught in the current.

“There is a strong current right now,” Nepton said. “The rivers are high here.”

Nepton said the parents of one boy and the father of the other jumped into the water to try to rescue them.

The eight-year-old boy was quickly brought to shore by one of the men, but the younger boy was caught up in the current.

The three parents tried to rescue him, but it appears they were quickly taken down river.

The six-year-old was eventually saved by another woman who had life jackets.

How tragic... I read this earlier somewhere and it said the 2 men who drowned were brothers.

OH NO!!! Oh how awful, just awful. My brother drowned at 15, I just cannot imagine what those poor children and their families are going thru. Terrible, just terrible. :praying: :rose:

I unfortunately imagine what they are going through. I've lost two family members in the past six years due to drowning.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back