TH's cell phone pings

How many pings were there?cell phone?texts?phone calls?and what times were they?If she planned all this.Why would she ping there knowing LE was going to check her cell phone.Unless to throw someone off.Have them think his body is there at Savie Island when it is somewhere else.Or...someone else threw them off.

Not everyone is that knowledgable about cell phone pings, etc. Remember all the discussion and education we all got? And even *if* she did know all that (which I doubt) she may have forgotten in the excitement of the day.

No one else had any reason to take Terri's phone and throw them off.

Nobody. (imo)

How many pings were there?cell phone?texts?phone calls?and what times were they?

How many pings were there?cell phone?texts?phone calls?and what times were they?

You mean on June 4? Well, actually, none of us know, I'd assume LE knows how much or little TH used her phone, but unfortunately, none of it has ever been reported. Not that I'm aware of anyway. Not where calls pinged, not whom calls were made to or the times or anything about texts. I don't remember LE ever saying anything about TH's phone records that day. Maybe someone else can help out here, 'cuz I could have missed it.

The phone pings while talked about by all MSM as coming from Sauvie Island are a closely guarded secret. From that one might assume that the phone pings are important to this case.

Holy cow yes, where her phone pinged is absolutely part of this case so long as she is being considered a defacto-suspect. I just have never heard that the phone pinged on SI. Like I said, maybe I missed it. Maybe there are other reasons SI is being searched, IDK, witnesses? IDK

I think where some might get confused in thinking about cell phone pings, is that a phone call has to be made or received, in order to get a ping, same with texts.
It is my understanding, some one feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, cell phones ping off of towers, even if they aren't in use.

Kaine's Oct 25th filing with the court said that on nights when Terri was on the couch, he would find babyK up with her watching TV. I'm pretty confident Terri claiming there was no TV in their house, on her facebook account, was just one of her many lies.

I think that Desi said that Terri would lie about things that were meaningless. I am really paraphrasing here.

But this is one huge example -why lie about television in the home?

What a silly thing.

I think where some might get confused in thinking about cell phone pings, is that a phone call has to be made or received, in order to get a ping, same with texts.
It is my understanding, some one feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, cell phones ping off of towers, even if they aren't in use.

That is what I recall reading here, as well.

Bumping for cell phone questions, for anyone who missed this thread. (Perhaps this should be merged with the current discussion?)

I'll merge them now. Just be sure to bump Tricia's posts if we have further concerns about the discussion.

I have been wondering if the pings show TH spent an inordinate amount of time on the island on the days preceeding Kyrons disappearance, not necessarily on the day of it.

I have been wondering if the pings show TH spent an inordinate amount of time on the island on the days preceeding Kyrons disappearance, not necessarily on the day of it.

Now that's an interesting thought and one I had not seen addressed here. LE did at one point ask about either video or sightings of Terri on the 3rd. Very interesting.

Hi, everyone. I know nothing really current has been posted on this thread, but I just got some information last night I thought might be of interest, and this looked like the logical place to put it. I hope it's okay to post this ... if not, please correct me. I didn't see anything like this previously posted, sorry if I missed it.

My boyfriend works for a cell phone tower company, and I was asking him last night about how this all works. A phone will ping if it's just on, even if no call is made. He's fairly certain a phone will not ping if it's turned off (no power to send any signal). The pings are just the phone's way of checking for the nearest signal, signal strength, etc.

A tower has a working radius of about 3 miles - but that's 3 miles as the crow flies, and terrain, buildings, etc. can limit that radius. But in theory, with no obstructions, you can be up to about 3 miles in any direction from a tower and it can still register your phone signal.

Towers have capacity limits, so in densely populated areas you will have far more than one tower per 3 miles, simply for capacity purposes. If you had a cluster of towers in an area, that'd be 3 miles out from every tower on the outer perimeter that might have picked up your signal - a decently sized chunk of land a person could be on for one ping (or a series of pings in a general area).

Of course, I'm sure the cops know all this - but it goes back to something someone else said - it sounds like they'd have to have more evidence than "just" cell phone pings to warrant the intense search efforts in certain areas. JMO, of course.

My boyfriend also had an interesting thought - if you purposely wanted to mislead someone as to your location by using your cell phone, it would be far more effective to have that person actually make a call - maybe to an automated system like a bank, etc., where they didn't actually have to speak - as that would show up as a definite call made from that particular phone, rather than relying on pings. That makes sense if you assume the average person isn't all that knowledgeable about pings - I know I wasn't, until I started following this case. I would never have thought about my phone just going around randomly recording my location merely because it was on. (But then, I haven't been trying to mislead people as to my location either ... ).

But for what it's worth, assuming TH only had average knowledge about how cell phones work, that would lead me to believe that she didn't just hand her phone off to someone else to drive around with it for the purpose of misdirection - I think if that had been the plan, she'd have made sure of it by doing something like that (having a call made). JMO, I think it's more likely she actually was wherever these pings were coming from - in the general area, anyway.

Don't know is that's anything new or useful, but wanted to toss what I learned into the general knowledge pool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back