Time To "Fall Back" One Hour

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday morning, November 1, at 2am. Set your clocks BACK one hour. (That means MORE SLEEP! Woo hoo!) :woohoo:

Thanks for the reminder, Dark Knight.

I work the graveyard shift that night (10pm-6am).

Does this mean I will be working an extra (unpaid) hour?

I think it does. Ugh.

Does that mean that I'll wake up at 3 a.m. tomorrow morning instead of 4 a.m. - ugh!

Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday morning, November 1, at 2am. Set your clocks BACK one hour. (That means MORE SLEEP! Woo hoo!) :woohoo:

Dude, for someone who has the flu, you are doing an awesome job of keeping the rest of us up to date! God's blessings to you, Get well soon! :blowkiss:

Thanks for the reminder, Dark Knight.

I work the graveyard shift that night (10pm-6am).

Does this mean I will be working an extra (unpaid) hour?

I think it does. Ugh.

No, it does not. Don’t ever work for free! I am not talking about volunteer work. When you get off your shift at 6am move the clock back an hour and go home. :D

Thanks for the reminder. But, it's not something (re-setting clocks) we do here in Arizona. Except in the northern most corner of the state on the reservation. I guess if we did fall back, darkness would not come until 11 p.m or something like that. Instead we let the rest of you re-figure your clocks so we don't have to. It's confusing for us, cause half the year we are the same time at California, the other half we're an hour different from California but only two hours from Florida. And one from the midwest. Or, it it the other way around? See what I mean?
To make it even more crazier, doesn't part of the state of Indiana not reset their clocks either? So the state is divided into two different time zones? Any of you Hoosier's know?

Oh no! This means that the baby will be getting up at 5:00 instead of 6:00!

My poor husband!! :dervish:

Thanks for the reminder Dark Knight, hope you feel better soon.

I solved the problem of time zones when I moved here to Arizona,

the house had nothing in it, so I bought interesting wall clocks

and have them set to the different times. At a glance, I can

see what time it is, here, a my mother's in Florida, and hubby in Illinois,

plus the darn grandkids don't echo off the empty walls quite so loudly.

Oh no! This means that the baby will be getting up at 5:00 instead of 6:00!

My poor husband!! :dervish:

Well...no and yes. It won't actually be earlier, and he'll have slept another hour.

No, it does not. Don’t ever work for free! I am not talking about volunteer work. When you get off your shift at 6am move the clock back an hour and go home. :D
Oh! I just LOVE the way you think!

Oh man - now I just feel guilty for not staying up and working tonight. Rats.

Dude, for someone who has the flu, you are doing an awesome job of keeping the rest of us up to date! God's blessings to you, Get well soon! :blowkiss:
Thanks, sweetie! I am hanging in there. :blowkiss:

Thanks for the reminder. But, it's not something (re-setting clocks) we do here in Arizona. Except in the northern most corner of the state on the reservation. I guess if we did fall back, darkness would not come until 11 p.m or something like that. Instead we let the rest of you re-figure your clocks so we don't have to. It's confusing for us, cause half the year we are the same time at California, the other half we're an hour different from California but only two hours from Florida. And one from the midwest. Or, it it the other way around? See what I mean?
To make it even more crazier, doesn't part of the state of Indiana not reset their clocks either? So the state is divided into two different time zones? Any of you Hoosier's know?

Yes, thats what I loved about living in Tucson, AZ..I never had to change the clocks..Also when I lived in Cincinnati, right across the river from Indiana, southern Indiana never changed the clocks either. Just 2 places in the US that have this luxury..I like the Fall where I can fall back But NEVER want to spring forward..

Indiana now observes daylight savings time. However, the state is divided into two different time zones. When they made the switch a few years ago the cities (or maybe it was counties, I can't remember) were given the option to petition to be on Central time if they were on the west side of the state.

Personally, I hate changing time. I wish we would go back to the way it used to be. Central time part of the year and Eastern the other part.

Bill Nye (scientist) has a good column on daylight savings time. Scroll down to Ben Franklin's joke for the most interesting part of the column.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/Features/Columns/?article=BNDaylightSavingTime&GT1=27004

"At world stock markets, for example, one estimate claims that $31 billion leaks away in the confusion every year. Airline schedules are just a pain in the neck when the clocks are messed with."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back