Tina Porter Offers Support To Baby Lisa's Parents

These people are not co-operating with anyone at the moment. It's more than obvious they don't want anyone's help....why even try to go over there????????????

Pardon the bold font. Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this info. Carry on.

FWIW, Gil Abeyta has talked with the parents. Don't have a link for you, but I believe he talked about his experience on nancy grace last week.

Pardon the bold font. Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this info. Carry on.

FWIW, Gil Abeyta has talked with the parents. Don't have a link for you, but I believe he talked about his experience on nancy grace last week.

Yes he did. His daughter was actually here last week and posted that he does not believe that Lisa's parents have anything to do with her disappearance. Let me see if I can find that post.

The link and the transcript is upthread in post #5.

Why would one want to visit at that late hour?? I am sorry, I do not know Tina Porter or her story. I am assuming she was there in attempt to help baby Lisa by offering her assisitance through her foundation? Shouldn't this be taken care of in the day time hours?

Another thing, those boys are only 8 & 5. Regardless of what other adults think might have happend to thir baby sister, all they know is she is GONE. They don't know where, she was there one night and gone when they woke up. Kidnapped the mother says. How scary for children that age...

Just imagine, one of those lil boys in bed, just falling off to sleep.. to a knock, knock, knock on the door!! IMO: probably scared them......

I am sorry, but there are so many adults in this case that are SHOWING they are thinking NOTHING of the children involved in this case including LISA.

Here is Denalves post from October 23rd:

My brother was kidnapped from his crib 25 years ago. My mom failed the polygraph and the Detectives formed a myopic view. The investigation was flawed because of this and I have not seen my brother in 25 years. My father, Gil Abeyta is in Kansas City and now has some insight on the case. Deborah and Jeremy are not involved with the disappearance of their child. The Kansas City Police should be ashamed at how they have handled this grieving family and the investigation. Hopefully too much time has not been wasted and the investigation can be pushed toward the right direction.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7272245#post7272245"]LIVE MSM COVERAGE on BABY LISA - 22-23 OCTOBER 2011 - Page 32 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Whatever made this woman think these parents wanted or needed her "help?" When they are not even talking to LE, wouldn't that give a person a clue that they don't want help from outsiders?
Sounds to me like she was sort of expecting this little circus and came prepared. Saving the documentation? Really? What's she gonna do... sue them???
Geez... this is crazy!

Also, she didn't show up by herself. She had a guy with her.

if she came to my door unannounced at NIGHT she would most definitely have been turned away.

I think she's perhaps full of anger. And who could blame her? I have a dear friend whose daughter died at 20 months from meningitis. This friend and her Mom (the baby's grandma) tend to over-interfere when a child they know is ill. It's okay. We understand and actually appreciate their help. Now they wouldn't interfere with stranger's lives but with me and others around them. Sometimes I think what they're trying to achieve is to save someone because they couldn't save their own precious little girl. :(

There are many things about these parents that lead me to believe that they are not doing everything possible (in fact doing very little) to find their daughter. Turning away Mr. Abeyta and Ms. Porter is not one of them.

I have much respect for those who have lost children and want to assist other families. But, some of those families may be directly responsible for the loss of their children. Others may be completely innocent and simply not want or need the assistance offered by Mr. Abeyta, Ms. Porter, or anyone else. I don't like it when folks start foundations because they are victims, and then behave as though other families that they consider "victims" don't respond to them as they wish. I really don't like that these folks who established foundations to help other victims feel qualified to tell us who is making decisions for the parents and profess to know their psychological and emotional profiles, going so far as to predict (quite passionately) possible suicide of one of the Lisa's parents on national tv (after having spent literally only minutes of time with the parents in a room crowded with others). Their motives may be good and I deeply sympathize with them for their personal losses, but they should simply extend an offer of help/support. If it is ignored or refused, stay home or make an offer again later, imo. In the meantime, there are other families with lower profile cases that may really need and want help. I applaud Mr. Abeyta and Ms. Porter for assisting those who are receptive to their assistance.

ALL JMO...

I have a different view of this.

I am a very private person. I do not like other people, especially strangers, being around me during times of distress. I would be especially freaked out if my child were missing. I would want to be left alone to sort my insanity.

I find it odd that all these parents want to jump on this, get their names out there that they are going to talk with the current family. I would be no where near ready to talk with other families in any sort of situation that resembled a kidnapping. That would come later, and at my slow emotional pace, a year or so later most likely.

I really don't like these people making it public that they are trying to talk to them. Do so in peace. What makes them think these parents received any messages they sent? Did Irwin or Bradley sign for a certified letter? What the heck?

Snipped from idepmo's above quoted post, and bbm:

"For the record, we made several attempts this week to contact the Irwin and Bradley family attempting to set up a meeting. Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged. We had no contact information for them other than the official find.lisa FB page. I did save all correspondence in the event something like this was going to happen. We were going to move earlier on this, but with the difficulties with LE then every other speedbump in the road, timing has certainly been an issue."

WTH is that about?! You want to help? Does not sound like it. It sounds like trouble stirring to me. For the record? What record? Save correspondence? For what? Sorry, but that is the way I feel.

If someone wants to help, do so privately. If they are turned away for whatever reason, accept that it is not time for your kind of help for this family yet. Leave a card with contact info if they are ever in need. Be private about it, not all over the media about it. I just don't understand.

This is 100% JMO. But, Indepmo, you have made it clear for quite some time that you believe in the guilt and disregard of these parents. If Tina Porter wanted to reach out and help or offer support, why in the world would she take someone who denies any possibility that the parents are innocent? I would quote, but it just takes a quick search to confirm.

It just doesn't seem like a good method for offering support and help IMO. It doesn't add up.

IMO if she knocks, talks to media saying "roll the camera, roll the cameras" and then knocks again- I would expect a situation to be "underway" too. I don't think that makes whomever called a bad person.

I believe in Porter's good will, and pure intentions. I have no reason not to. But maybe she should just accept not being let in this time?

That is certainly understandable with someone that they KNOW and care about. The extremely poor judgement here was in TP making any attempt to enter someone's home---who is a complete stranger--- and the decision to try to do that unannounced, unwelcome, and at NIGHT on a WEEKEND. That alone would tend to make me believe that she was operating under impaired judgement. Add to that her verbal and physical demeanor and absolutely inappropriate angry reaction and running to the press yelling "roll the cameras"......

You make a good point. I want to see the best in her intentions but it's hard. I certainly do not like the fact that she ran to the media straight away.

I like Gil Abeyta's attitude. I do believe that he approached the family with an open mind and an open heart. I suspect that Tina Porter had strong feelings about their guilt when she approached them and the fact that she was turned away just served to strengthen her suspicions. If you're going to help (whether you're a police officer, a PI, a TV interviewer or a parent of a missing child) I think it's important to put bias aside and approach with an open mind, like Gil Abeyta did.

STOP WITH THE COMMENTS THAT ANYONE WAS IMPAIRED.

Tina Porter made herself a player last night in her attempts to help. In her comments to the media.

THAT DOES NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO MAKING JUDGEMENTAL COMMENTS THAT SHE WAS IMPAIRED.

Talk about what happened, what she said, how you feel about that. The rest if off limits until someone in MSM reports otherwise.

I have been as critical (if you choose to call it that) of this family as anyone. With that said, they did NOTHING wrong closing the door in this lady's face.

Showing up at anyone's door, uninvited, and expecting to be welcomed is pretty ridiculous, let alone a family with this much on their plate. And she, of all people, should know this.

Rather than following the rules or courtesy and common sense, she elected to do it this way -- she deliberately thrust herself into the story, and in so doing served only to further deflect attention away from Lisa. This family did not ask for her help, nor should they be judged for not wanting it -- particularly when they person offering advice behaves in this way.

If the family needs help they have their own attorneys, experts from the FBI and local LE, and a dozen children and victims advocacy groups a phone call away. They don't need grandstanding media-hounds banging on their door then criticizing them for not rolling out the red carpet.

Nuff said.

I just find it awfully comical that DB and JI trust the cops enough to take care of Tina Porter, but not enough to answer questions about the night their daughter went missing.

Hinky hinky hinky. JMO.

I totally agree Chris....I think they are the guilty ones, IMO, but they don't deserve the blame here. My heart breaks for Tina, but this was the wrong thing to do. I hope she didn't let someone talk her into doing that.

I'm not questioning TP's motives, but how she did it is really troubling to me.

I did not immediately recognize her name, I had to look it up and then remembered her tragic story. If she came knocking at my door after dark I would have also turned her away. I would bet that the family had no idea who she was. Even if they did know, no one has the right to just show up at someones door especially after dark and especially when children are in the house. It could have been any nutjob, how was the family to be sure they wouldn't be in harms way?

I question a lot of what DB has done but not in this instance, I think they did the right thing here. And then for TP to take it to the cameras, this was out of line.

JMHO

I just find it awfully comical that DB and JI trust the cops enough to take care of Tina Porter, but not enough to answer questions about the night their daughter went missing.

Hinky hinky hinky. JMO.

Like I said, it may not be them at all. They didn't answer the door. They were apparently packing their things up. It was a "young man" who answered the door, and that young man may very well think DB and JI should talk to LE.

IMO you can make anything at all suspect if you approach it with a predetermined meaning. Only when you are objective can you see various reasons for any given choice or action.

disclaimer: this is not to say the parents are guilty or innocent, not the point of my post at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back