Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Tiny Gowns Become a "Huge Gift" for Grieving Families

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by michmi, Mar 11, 2014.

1. michmi

michmi New Member

[​IMG]

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023084736_babygownsxml.html

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

that's a beautiful concept

3. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

... making me cry.

When we had a full-term stillborn baby girl, I called a nice department store and asked them to deliver a very pretty baby dress to me in hospital, which they did. My dh took the dress to the funeral home so our baby could be buried in it.

I can easily imagine the comfort that the beautiful dresses from Mrs. Matthews gives to bereaved parents. So sweet.

That dress and a funeral was all we could do for our little girl ...

4. Frigga

Frigga New Member

I am so sorry for the profound loss of your beautiful baby girl Tweedie2, I know just how hard it can be. A beloved cousin of mine lost her baby girl 12 hours after she was born premature. This is a beautiful thing this woman does- just so gracious and generous.

5. LarkBunting

LarkBunting Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Teedie. :(

A friend of mine crochets burial gowns for stillborn babies/preemies who pass away & she donates them to hospitals to be given to bereaved parents. She does beautiful work. It's a heartbreaking gift to give, but people have been so thankful for her kindness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jan

Jan New Member

When my granddaughter's premature identical baby girls were buried, they were dressed in tiny gowns and crocheted hats that someone had made and donated to the hospital. The babies were so small that the funeral home sewed the gowns even smaller and wrapped the babies in blankets. Because of this, we were able to have an open casket at the funeral for the babies.

7. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Teedie2, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could give you a hug. I work in a busy L&D. We have lovely volunteers who sew and crotchet for our little angels. That make gowns, blankets, hats and booties. Some hand paint memory boxes for us to put items in. It's such a comfort for our families and we feel blessed to have them.