GUILTY TN - Adeline Conway, 9 months, died in crib, Clarksville, 15 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Interesting.

Bizarre more like it. From that article:

“His family is releasing details from the case file, insisting Conway is innocent. They say the baby was strangled when she became tangled in a nearby dehumidifier cord. They say it's been eight months and still no forensic evidence has been placed in discovery to prove a sexual assault.”

Portions of the autopsy report state that no signs of obvious sexual assault were found. “

Next hearing date 12/18/18

Montgomery County - Criminal Case Detail

Christopher Paul Conway 39-13-531 AGGRAVATED RAPE OF A CHILD 02/06/2018 11/13/2017
2 Christopher Paul Conway 39-13-202 FIRST DEGREE MURDER IN PERPETRATION/ATT PERPETRATE A CRIME 02/06/2018 11/13/2017
3 Christopher Paul Conway 39-15-402 AGG CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT/ENDANGERMENT (8 & UNDER) 02/06/2018 11/13/2017
4 Christopher Paul Conway 39-13-202 FIRST DEGREE MURDER IN PERPETRATION/ATT PERPETRATE A CRIME

How did the 8 month old get the cord wrapped around her neck while she was in her crib? Was the cord somewhere she could grab it from the crib?

How able was she to stand and grab a cord?

[ just reread the article. Maybe she wasn't on the crib when found. But how would she have become entangled? Was it on the floor and she crawled into it?]

When looking at another case, I came across this. Not sure if it has already been linked and tbh, I didn't care to read through it.

Chris Conway's Justification

Thanks for sharing, it is very interesting reading! Not quite sure what to think after reading it, would love to hear others opinions about the autopsy report.

When looking at another case, I came across this. Not sure if it has already been linked and tbh, I didn't care to read through it.

Chris Conway's Justification

This site seems to be written by family members viathe frequent use of the word "we" when referring to family/friends. Therefore, it's quite biased to say the least.

The autopsy report is interesting though not sure what to think about the anal fissures that were explained away.

I'd be most interested to see one evidence, either way, especially any video of that interrogation would be interesting.

20 hours without food or water seems very harsh. However the claim that he spent 5 of those hours alone, in the small interrogation room seems like small peanuts to me, especially for a member of the army. Didn't know he should/could get a lawyer? I don't know, a lot seems like excuses that conveniently fit after the fact, but I do know false confessions happen too.

Hard to decide either way here.....his claim of innocence seems to be based solely on the autopsy report.... Was there any evidence that pointed to him, beyond the confession? My memory is foggy on the details so I'll probably have to re-read everything.

*Edited to add* there is video on that website of the interrogation. A mere 54 seconds worth.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, it is very interesting reading! Not quite sure what to think after reading it, would love to hear others opinions about the autopsy report.
While definitely biased, it forces me to keep an open mind regarding his guilt. The autopsy report seems quite unremarkable if they are claiming the baby was raped. It will be interesting to hear from the prosecution and the defense in this case.

Army medic charged with rape/murder of infant daughter returns to post

Feb. 2, 2018

"A Fort Campbell soldier facing trial on charges that he murdered and raped his infant daughter has bonded out of jail, and while he is “present and accounted for” on post, he is not performing typical work duties.

Spc. Christopher Conway, 22, is charged with the rape and murder of Adaline Conway, 9 months old. Conway, a medic in the 101st Airborne Division, is reporting for duty as a soldier, but officials said he’s not performing typical duties.

Montgomery County Judge Bill Goodman on Jan. 26 agreed to reduce Conway’s bond, which at one point was $2.5 million, down to $500,000 on the condition Conway agree to GPS monitoring and a no-contact order with his wife, surviving child or her family. That bond was posted Wednesday, court records show....

Conway has not been convicted, nor has he pleaded guilty in court. He has also not been indicted by a grand jury, which according to his attorney Ed Dewerff, meets on Monday and Tuesday in Montgomery County.

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/st...urder-infant-daughter-returns-post/302367002/

4663F4FF00000578-5085989-image-a-26_1510781092220.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe the lack of movement on this case. Very glad the surviving twin was removed from the family. I wonder if she is still in the care of the State.

I just don't know about this one. After reading the autopsy I don't think he did what he is accused of.
I don't know what to think.

If he raped her (and IIRC he is charged with aggravated rape in addition to murder), the damage would have been unmistakable and horrific.

I sure don't want to think that he's been charged with no evidence.

No pubic hairs, no male DNA.

The state *must* have physical evidence, surely they aren't hanging their case only on his confession! There must have been a reason they interrogated him in the first place.

Did the family ever release the entire autopsy report?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back