TN - Alison 'Allie' Manchester, 18, Nashville, 1 October 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Oct 4, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

2. Loading...

3. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Member

4. Minasmom

Minasmom New Member

I'm not finding anything in the media - odd. Why do they consider her "endangered"? And why is a homicide detective the point of contact?

5. Soencer36

Soencer36 New Member

This was probably premeditated. My best friends really sad and his father is too. I used to live with them.

6. Minasmom

Minasmom New Member

I'm so sorry. Have you considered becoming a verified insider?

7. Minasmom

Minasmom New Member

I don't know how to bring it over but her poster has been updated to show her with her recent haircut.

8. Minasmom

Minasmom New Member

I found info from her brother's FB to be very interesting...especially some of the pictures taken outside of her work. But why am I not finding it in the media yet???? Spencer, please consider getting verified. Or asking David to come on here.

9. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis New Member

I didn't see pics of her "taken outside of her work" on a brother's FB page.

Her one brother did have a comment from someone that I found interesting.

And someone asked why she'd be listed as endangered. Her mom says that Allie has asthma, so that might be the explanation.

My thinking is that she left on purpose. Her mom appears to have recently ended a relationship, and Allie had to give up her dog. My young adult child would have been devastated about the dog. Maybe home just seemed too stressful right now.

10. Paddleboarder

Paddleboarder Former Member

11. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

12. 007mom

007mom New Member

13. Paddleboarder

I researched and was unable to find anything saying she was forced into the van. I have seen a video clip of the van in the Arby' parking lot, but nothing more.
    [​IMG]

"One still missing is one too many."
    Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

14. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

There has been a body found today in Nashville per a tweet. Not much information yet. Hope it's not Allie but it is someone. RIP Not sure which Arby's she worked at but two are very close to this area.

WKRNVerified account ‏@WKRN 2h2 hours ago
    #BREAKING - Metro Nashville police investigating body found tangled in the brush of Craighead St. creek. Stay with News 2 for the latest.

CuQ4HW3W8AEuYTB.jpg

15. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

Ugh! This doesn't sound good to this girl. I hope she's safe.

16. Gardener1850

Here's an article about the remains: http://wkrn.com/2016/10/08/metro-police-investigating-after-possible-human-remains-found/

Here's a map from the Arby's she worked at to the approx location of remains: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/319...x44408d2a2ba5deaf!2m2!1d-86.766673!2d36.12632

17. Gardener1850

FWIW, I don't think the remains will turn out to be Allie. When they say they are not sure if the remains are human it usually means bones were found. She has only been missing a week. Plus the route is not very close to her work or convenient for dumping her from where they picked her up. Either way, it's sad but, JMO, this isn't likely to be Allie.

18. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

I hope you are correct. Where did it say they weren't sure if the remains are human? I read about the other body found this week in Nashville that were badly decomposed.

19. Gardener1850

Article I linked above with the map is titled "possible human remains found" and starts:

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Metro police are investigating after what appears to be human remains were found Saturday afternoon."

http://wkrn.com/2016/10/08/metro-police-investigating-after-possible-human-remains-found/

So it doesn't really say they are unsure but I'm just reading between the lines. If someone died recently they say a body was found instead of "possible human remains". Sadly, I've just read enough of these cases now to notice the difference. :(

20. Gardener1850

Well, I was wrong about it being skeletal remains but it's not Allie. Update says the decomposing body was male and likely homeless: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/body-found-off-of-craighead-street

21. Paddleboarder