GUILTY TN - Aniston Walker, 7 wks, Memphis, 9 Jan 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by The Cheese, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Seymour Krelborn

Seymour Krelborn Feed Me!

ANISTON WALKER, Age Now: 2 Month(s), Missing: 01/09/2014. Missing From MEMPHIS, TN. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Memphis Police Department (Tennessee) 1-901-545-2677.

More...

2. michmi

michmi Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been there for some Grizzlies games. I do understand about the crime, but I'm from the Detroit area and it's probably comparable and the police are just as (perhaps more so) stressed and I'm still disturbed at what little attention this child is getting.

Why isn't someone in the family attempting to bring attention to her? It feels like the media reported and now they're on to the next thing. An infant disappearing is NOT an everyday crime.

This reminds me of the Lorenzen Wright murder, where the murderer (or a main player) is right in their face and as long as they don't talk nothing will happen (Sherra Wright). All the smokescreen she did with saying he was involved with drugs (which I still don't believe) and the complete failure of the 911 system is the reason nobody has been charged.

The best way to avoid crime is not engaging in activity that involves criminals and after that, it's a matter of being very aware of your surroundings, common sense and some luck. It won't guarantee you'll never be a victim of any crime, but it certainly will minimize the risk.

3. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

MPD claims the only witnesses they have are the 2 siblings aged 3 and 5 (not positive about the ages) but pretty close.
    The thing that has me baffled is NO ONE from the family will talk, they all have refused interviews. There has not been a missing child Facebook set up or any other kind of website seeking information. You would think that the father/grandparents would be on TV pleading with the public for info.
    It's like this poor baby never existed, the news has just gone dry. Very disturbing to see this being swept away so quickly.

4. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

Trey Paul ‏@treypaulonfox13 4h
    Today we could get some answers. I'll be LIVE with the latest on baby Aniston Walker and her mother who's due in court today. #Fox13GMM

5. Lots2Learn

Lots2Learn Active Member

Do you know what time?
    I can't believe how this case is being hamdled. The judge rocks btw

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

6. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

No time yet. I'll post if I see one pop up on Twitter

7. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

8. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

Sorry but if I was the judge it would be a cold day in hell I'd reduce bond until this "mother" started talking!

9. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

Oh Lord.

A judge has cut in half the bond needed for a Memphis woman to be released from jail.

Also, two of the four Aggravated Child Abuse charges have been dropped.

snip

Walker’s bond was reduced from $500,000 to $250,000.

snip

Attorney Leslie Ballin said his client has no criminal history, has a full-time job with the IRS and is not a flight-risk.

Memphis police say there have been no new developments in the case.

http://wreg.com/2014/01/21/bond-reduced-for-mom-in-missing-infant-case/

10. mikkismom

mikkismom Well-Known Member

11. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

Prosecutors agreed Tuesday to cut Andrea Walker’s $500,000 bond in half on charges of child abuse in the case of her still missing infant girl.

Walker’s attorney, Leslie Ballin, agreed to waive a preliminary hearing on two charges of aggravated child abuse, neglect or endangerment. Prosecutor Jennifer Nichols dropped aggravated child abuse charges involving Walker’s 3-year-old boy, who was left home alone but found unharmed.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2014/jan/21/mother-missing-baby-argue-reduced-bond/

12. Lots2Learn

Lots2Learn Active Member

#@#$^!&$

13. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

I wonder if the father knows he can bring a SAR team like CUE or TES at no cost. There might be a good local SAR team there in TN.

Is there a facebook page for Aniston?

14. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

If she bonds out, I hope they put a surveillance team on her. She may just decide to return to the "scene of the crime", so to speak.

15. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

Andrea Walker's bond has been reduced from $500,000 to $250,000. Defense Attorney Leslie Ballin and Prosecutor Jennifer Nichols reached the agreement. General Sessions Judge William Turner agreed to the deal.

Action News 5's Nick Kenney says in addition to the bond reduction, two charges related to Walker leaving her 3-year-old home alone have been dropped. She is still charged with two counts of child abuse in connection with the disappearance of Aniston Walker.

snip

The active search for baby Aniston has been called off. With no baby and no body, police say it is too early tell if Andrea's charges will be upgraded.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/2450...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

16. Lots2Learn

Lots2Learn Active Member

What are they (le) doing to find this baby!?!
    Grrrrrrr

17. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

I can't believe the amount of babies that go missing in America. What is wrong with these mothers? Also the fact that they won't talk is a worry. Why let them out on bail if they won't talk? So many little innocent lives lost.
    Also they come up with the weirdest scenarios of what happened. Just unbelievable.

18. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately LE cannot search when there is no indication as to where to search. Aniston could be anywhere in a huge area. Not really much you can do about keeping someone locked up either when you have no evidence to hold them on a higher charge, either - and of course any suspect has the right not to talk...

19. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

No new updates on this case. Where is this adorable baby? Smh

ciao

20. Sin

Sin New Member

I hope under the surface they're doing A LOT. With no leads it makes sense to keep the investigation quiet to better monitor their POIs official or unofficial.