TN - Arthur Gibson, 38, & Amber Terrell, 22, Johnson City, 7 Jan 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Jan 16, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Arthur “Art” Gibson and Amber Terrell
    [​IMG]

Read more: Carter County joins search for missing Sullivan Co. couple | Johnson City Press http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/art...-for-missing-sullivan-co-couple#ixzz3OzxsHH4u
    Follow us: @JCPress on Twitter | JohnsonCityPress on Facebook

2. Loading...

3. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

4. wendybtn

wendybtn Active Member

5. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

Am I getting this right that these two started dating around January 3 and by the 7th they are missing?

6. radiator

radiator New Member

I think you are right. And investigating his FB photos it seems that he was engaged to somebody else who died last April. I don't know if it's permissible to link the obit.

7. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

Good sleuthing! How did the woman he was engaged to die?

8. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder New Member

Was the car inoperable? I assume that each of them owned a car. If there is a second car, where is it? The purse is an interesting thing for a number of reasons. At first, I was sure that meant she had to have been in the car. But maybe it was planted to make it look like something happened to her while she was out of the house. If it was not planted, then she willingly left home in the car.

9. radiator

radiator New Member

the obit didn't give a cause of death and my not-so-good (but thank you!) sleuthing skills couldn't unearth any further information. she was young and AG posted a video of a toddler on a friend's FB page that he said was their child.

here's a newer article without a whole lot more information: http://www.timesnews.net/article/9084163/police-fear-missing-kingsport-couple-are-endangered

and here's a link to google maps, B is the road where the article above says they lived and A is the road where the car was found: http://goo.gl/maps/BV0q4

I hope somebody with better social media skills than I have joins in...people must be talking about this somewhere.

10. sheshecanada

sheshecanada Former Member

Still missing and I can't find any updates. Very strange

11. prallypie

prallypie New Member

Looks like they have been a couple since July 2014 according to his comments on Facebook.

12. sheshecanada

Its strange maybe drug related....I wonder where Arts little one is ? Also what does it mean when multiple price agencies involved ?

13. radiator

radiator New Member

Still nothing in MSM nor can I find any talk on Facebook by any of their "friends" but I'm not that skillful at uncovering things there.

14. KateB

KateB New Member

15. sheshecanada

I could be loosing my mind but.....I was just looking at Amber's page and in the bottom left it said she recommends an article about her and art missing. I am really confused or is it something FB does ???? :gaah:

16. Psychedelia

Psychedelia New Member

Looks like he and Amber have only been together a short time. The relationship he was in in July was with a different woman. The comments under that post are... interesting. Here's his FB again: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002467158822

Sounds like the kind of guy who likes to be in a relationship at all times.

17. Psychedelia

Psychedelia New Member

I see that too - very strange. I thought at first it might be one of those "recommended articles" that FB automatically posts if you post an article yourself, but this seems different. Very weird.

18. sheshecanada

Something about this is just strange no FB activity from friends or family...not even one comment that I can see. I do wonder about the drug angle as his last fiance passed away suddenly. She was also quite a bit younger than him as is his current fiance Amber. Also seems from creeping Art's FB that when he and his previous fiance were together they were quite unstable.
    We really have no info to work with here

19. Considering

Considering Active Member

20. sheshecanada

Staying with relatives already ummm hmmmm. I find this strange considering they are a pretty new couple I believe this just supports my thoughts of the instability of this grown man in his forties. So I am still leaning towards drug /debt related on this.

21. Sweetgrits

Sweetgrits New Member

I don't always consider leaving a purse behind in a MP case suspicious. I usually take mine with me in case I need something out of it like ibuprofen or pens or whatever but I always leave it in the car, most of the time in the trunk. I take my CC, bank card, drivers license and whatever cash I have and put it in the back pocket of my jeans. I just don't want to have to keep up with a purse and worry about someone stealing it. May not apply here but it could.