TN - Boy, 16 months, raped by father, Lawrenceburg, 10 Nov 2018 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by cybervampira, Nov 18, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Man wanted for allegedly raping 16-month-old arrested in Alabama

Lawrenceburg Police are extraditing Simon Dean Porter, 33, accused of raping a baby boy. Lawrenceburg officers will take Simon Dean Porter back to Tennessee to face charges of raping a 16-month-old boy.

Sunday, Porter was taken to the Scottsboro jail when someone spotted him waling along Highway 79 near Skyline.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation put Porter on its 10 Most Wanted List after he left the Lawrenceburg area. The rape of the infant happened on November 10th. The baby was put in Vanderbilt’s children’s hospital.

TBI officials tweeted Sunday that Porter was located and captured by law enforcement in Scottsboro, Alabama.

upload_2018-11-19_2-1-33.jpeg
    Doctors called police after treating the boy for severe injuries. “The little boy was hurt pretty bad,” said Lawrenceburg Police Lt. Blake Grooms, “to the point of permanent damage for the rest of his life.”

Porter fled in the middle of their investigation.

“According to his wife, he took off and did not tell her where he was going. The last thing he told her [was] he was scared he was about to be arrested,” Grooms told WKRN.

As WKRN reported, Porter’s mother urged him to surrender and proclaimed his innocence in a public statement.

“Son, please bring yourself in,” Barbara Wright said. “I love you so much son, I don’t want you to get hurt. I don’t want nothing to happen to you. Do the right thing. You know you didn’t do this, please bring yourself in. Prove to them you are innocent.”

upload_2018-11-19_1-59-26.jpeg upload_2018-11-19_2-0-11.jpeg upload_2018-11-19_2-0-34.jpeg upload_2018-11-19_2-0-57.jpeg

TBI on Twitter

Tennessee man wanted for raping 16-month-old son

Accused Lawrenceburg baby rapist arrested and jailed in Scottsboro

TBI: Tennessee man arrested, wanted for raping 16-month-old baby

Man rapes 16-month-old baby, leads police on interstate manhunt after he’s added to Most Wanted list: Cops

LeeAnnB, JDG, natureaker and 4 others like this.
  2. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

No potential for rehabilitation here. I wish we could give him a blanket and a tin cup, and drop him off at Antarctica.

Seriously, why do we have to feed, clothe, entertain, protect, provide shelter, free utilities, health care, education services, religious programs, libraries, cable television, recreational activities and equipment...the list is endless. For life, because this guy is never going to be rehabilitated. Did I forget to mention access to his court appointed counsel?

The death penalty is even more costly. Appeal, after appeal. And social workers who listen to his sob stories, usually carefully crafted lies. Letters are written about his horrible childhood, how he is "saved" in prison, and a model person now, who walks on water.

I have worked with these psychopaths. And met their families, when I first became involved, as a naive grad student, I believed the horrible stories. Then, I met some of the nicest people, who were the family of the psychopath, I wondered about the horrific stories of child abuse and molestation. They knew their children were telling these stories. I didn't know who to believe...I will say, that I don't know...but I do know that a lot of people survive horrible abuse, and do not grow up to be child molesters and abusers.

We need to do something about these people, because right now, we spend more money on the judicial system and process, than we do on educating children or taking care of the elderly and disabled in our society. We give these prisoners more stability and status than we do for the most vulnerable.

Rant over.

3. jggordo

jggordo Well-Known Member

Just when I thought I had seen the lowest form of life and the things they can do. It hurts my head that things don't shock me anymore.

JMO

4. cybervampira

gitana1, JDG, GarAndTeed and 3 others like this.
  5. mickey2942

A "Mama's Boy". That will go over well with all of his new friends.

6. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Another mother who won't believe her perfect son could do anything bad.

7. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Have access to Lawrence County court site, but he's there, but no court date yet as far as I can see.

edited to add site link:

Lawrence County - Criminal Case Detail

anyone think this is the correct site?
    TIA!

8. cybervampira

Try Jackson County.

Lawrenceburg child rape suspect extradited back to Tennessee

jggordo, JDG, GarAndTeed and 2 others like this.
  9. cybervampira

10. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

Excellent post, Mickey, and I totally agree. Bless this poor little boy.

11. jggordo

Breaking News: Mother of sexually assaulted child in custody.

Lawerenceburg- This morning Danielle Bowen appeared in a Lawrence County courtroom.

After appearing Bowen was taken into custody.

Bowen was arrested on a charge of Child Neglect, failing to seek medical attention.

Bowen's 16-month-old old child was reportedly raped by Simon Porter. Bowen told me before court this morning that Porter was the biological father of the child.

Porter lead police on a multistate manhunt that lead to his capture in Scotsboro, Alabama on Sunday morning.

Porter is currently in custody at the Lawrence County Jail and he has been charged with Aggravated Rape Of A Child.

Developing

**Trying to get the link to work, will try another one** so for now just my speculation.

Dean Redporter

kimpage, 2Hope4, nomoresorrow and 8 others like this.
  12. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

I can't, I just can't . . .

gitana1, kimpage, 2Hope4 and 7 others like this.
  13. Mira_Eg

Mira_Eg Well-Known Member

gitana1, Medstudies, JDG and 3 others like this.
  14. mickey2942

I hope that the incubator who gave birth to this little boy goes to prison for life. So she can sit in her cell with cable tv...I am tired of the "Mothers" getting a pass. You let someone hurt your baby, there is no potential for rehabilitation here.

15. jggordo

I believe it is sad to say, but incest can and does go back generations in some families and this seems to be one of them. It is a mental illness so ugly that nobody wants to look at it much less try to cure it. I have a Brother that spent his who life as a Doctor and Administrator at Fulton State Mental Hospital. I can assure you that there other "members" in this "family" that is just as sick as this ***.

The movie "Deliverance" was a true depiction of what goes on in some areas of our Country.

JMO

16. jggordo

There is an interview with the baby's Mother:

Burton S. Staggs
    This timeline of events is given in such a "casual" way that it is chilling.
    Staggs is a reporter who was at the Holly Bobo trial and others as well.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    2Hope4, Niner, lonetraveler and 4 others like this.
  17. cybervampira

Here‘s ”mom“:
    upload_2018-11-19_20-57-58.jpeg

And a mugshot of ”dad“:
    upload_2018-11-19_20-59-4.png

kimpage, Niner, Medstudies and 3 others like this.
  18. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

Broke the baby's hips. Tore his rectum up. And this woman allowed it repeatedly.

lonetraveler, 2Hope4, Niner and 6 others like this.
  19. Barnabas

Barnabas Well-Known Member

Oh my god :(

kimpage, Niner, Suwannee and 5 others like this.
  20. cybervampira

Interesting post given the fact she‘s in jail now:
    Danielle Faith Bowen

I hope this sicko didn’t harm any other kids and she will never see her kids again.

BrownRice, LeeAnnB, Niner and 4 others like this.