Identified! TN - Campbell Co, BlkFem 30-40, 223UFTN, crowded teeth, Oct'98 - Lori Alexander

Thinking about this UID as we approach the anniversary of her discovery, which is the Monday after next.

I wish there were pictures of Natasha Collins so that we could compare them with the reconstructions. However, according to what I've read, the UID was decomposed to the point where authorities initially weren't even sure of her race, so I'm not putting too much stock in the renderings. Despite that, I do see a bit of resemblance between Jacqueline Ellis and some of the UID's reconstructions.

Personally, though, I doubt that the UID was reported missing. Even though the UID was found near a major interstate, I think that her murder was probably an "inside job" (as I've stated upthread, domestic violence) rather than a random attack.

Campbell County Jane Doe needs her name back. She'll be my new avatar until that day comes. I hope she'll also receive justice someday.

If anyone ever sees her on a list of in-progress for identification by forensic geneology, please post a link. (I wonder if she would be a good candidate for it.)

Campbell County Jane Doe has been unidentified for 22 years today.

Could it be possible that she is connected to the Redhead Murders? I know it seems unlikely, but the geographical location made me wonder.

Could it be possible that she is connected to the Redhead Murders? I know it seems unlikely, but the geographical location made me wonder.

Namus and Doe Network have stated that police believe that there is a link to the Redhead Murders.

Have someone who I believe could be a good match.

Michelle Wells
Missing since 01/01/1982 from Detriot, MI

She was 13 at the time of her disappearance and is of Native American and White admixture. She has also red-hair. Another thing I found very interesting is in the picture used in her missing persons report. In the picture she is wearing a necklace that seems very similar to the one found on the UID. I believe her DNA is in Namus since no websites have listed it and she doesn't have a Doe Network profile. Detroit is far from where the UID was found but the suspected killer in the Redhead Murders used to be a trucker during his time of committing the accused crimes.

Here is Michelle and the UID side-by-side:
wells_michelle.jpg
482UFTN5_LARGE.jpg

Please give me your thoughts on this lead.

I do NOT understand the “redhead murder” connection in this case. At all.

@its.evey I think Michelle would be worth submitting.

I do NOT understand the “redhead murder” connection in this case. At all.

@its.evey I think Michelle would be worth submitting.

Yeah, to be honest I don't really understand the connection either. She is a lot younger but I suppose they thought there was a link due to the area and her hair color.

And okay thank you, I will submit Michelle later today.

My apologies I got the wrong forum for another Campbell County Jane Doe. I will delete my comments in this forum my apologies. I hope u guys get her name back though!

My apologies I got the wrong forum for another Campbell County Jane Doe. I will delete my comments in this forum my apologies. I hope u guys get her name back though!
No worries. I replied to your comment and didn’t even realize the mix up. :p:D It happens.

Is this a different person ?

The Knox County Regional Forensic Center (KCRFC) announced Wednesday that a body found near the city of Jellico on the Kentucky/Tennessee border on October 19, 1998 was that of Lori A. Alexander, a 27-year-old that was declared missing from Toledo earlier that month.

The death was ruled a homicide.

She was not identified at the time, but was buried at the Peabody Cemetery in Lafollette.

Last edited:
Is this a different person ?

The Knox County Regional Forensic Center (KCRFC) announced Wednesday that a body found near the city of Jellico on the Kentucky/Tennessee border on October 19, 1998 was that of Lori A. Alexander, a 27-year-old that was declared missing from Toledo earlier that month.

The death was ruled a homicide.

She was not identified at the time, but was buried at the Peabody Cemetery in Lafollette.

I believe this the same person. More info at the link:

"A woman found shot and stabbed to death over two decades ago now has a name.

The Knox County Regional Forensic Center made a breakthrough in a decades-old cold case, according to an announcement Wednesday. The center identified a female whose body was discovered near a creek in Campbell County in 1998.

“No one is forgotten or neglected at the Knox County Regional Forensic Center,” said Chris Thomas, the Center’s Chief Administrative Officer. “We work diligently every day to try to identify every decedent and connect them with their next of kin, regardless of how long they’ve been here.”

Investigators identified the remains as Lori A. Alexander, 27, from Toledo, Ohio. On October 19, 1998, her remains were found in an advanced state of decomposition in the Stinking Creek area of Campbell County near Jellico, Thomas told WVLT. Investigators were able to identify the woman with help from the FBI."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back