Match! TN - Campbell Co, HispFem 2097DFSC, 35-45, Jan'97 *Ada Torres Smith*

I'm kind of ticked the sherrif is giving his detectives all the credit...

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/6719317.html

One year later, a new sheriff in office, and a specific detective assigned to this cold case, Campbell County Sheriff Gary Perkins told WVLT a break came recently.
"Through working with the El Paso Police Department in El Paso, Texas, my detectives were able to identify who the female was," Sheriff Perkins says.

I'm kind of ticked the sherrif is giving his detectives all the credit...

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/6719317.html

One year later, a new sheriff in office, and a specific detective assigned to this cold case, Campbell County Sheriff Gary Perkins told WVLT a break came recently.
"Through working with the El Paso Police Department in El Paso, Texas, my detectives were able to identify who the female was," Sheriff Perkins says.

I wonder if maybe someone should send them a link to this thread? I know I'm not the most eloquent here.

Off topic:Sadie Mae, I was born and raised in Killeen, Texas but my husband and I left over 7 years ago.

I noticed that too...somebody needs to send the thread to the news station, too.

Teonspaleprincess, you rock! I don't know you, but I haven't seen anyone on WS that's in it for personal success... but ma'am let me tell you... YOU did this, and I'm so darn proud of you!

Way. To. Go!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I wonder if maybe someone should send them a link to this thread? I know I'm not the most eloquent here.

Off topic:Sadie Mae, I was born and raised in Killeen, Texas but my husband and I left over 7 years ago.

Hehhe...I already did, and no I wasn't eloquent about the comment I made on the story link.

On the OT: Wow, small world. Don't know what year you were born, but I know many lifelong Killeenite families here. Killeen has grown a lot in 7 years, but the same people are here. Wouldn't surprise me if we knew some of the same people!

I posted a comment on the storylink too, with a link to here... :D

Has anyone contacted DoeNetwork? I just checked, and Ada isn't on their list of identified's. I'm sure they would give credit to teons. She deserves it. Way to go teons!

Contact the Sheriff's office my patootie.

When I get home from work tonight I'm gonna look up the local news stations in El Paso. And guess what---my cell has free long distance with no roaming.

Arrogant jerks. :banghead:

Too much time on my hands this morning. I wrote the news station. Maybe we'll see an update?

Princess, you're an inspiration. You deserve to be recognized, and not the sheriff's department that initially just scratched their heads when you contacted them.

Thank you all so much. I am just so happy that it was a match!! I know this isn't the outcome her family wanted, but at least they know what happened, and she can have a proper burial. I still wonder where she was the 6 months before her death, since she was found only days after she died. I hope they can find her killer....God bless her family.

The 'view comments' button on the story link doesn't work for me, and I can't see any comments either. Is it just me or did they probably decide to not publish the comments people left?

Teons, I hope they will find out what happened to her as well. Maybe now that they know who she is, it can still be done after this may years.

Nice job, teons!

The world is a better place because of people like you!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I left a comment but I can't see any either. Sometimes they are reviewed by staff before they are posted but it does seem to be taking a while.

Ada is now on the list of identified's at the Doe Network. I've been scooting around the 'net for a bit but from memory when I saw it it said that it had been solved using information posted on the DN site - which is accurate, I guess :)

Thank you all so much. I am just so happy that it was a match!! I know this isn't the outcome her family wanted, but at least they know what happened, and she can have a proper burial. I still wonder where she was the 6 months before her death, since she was found only days after she died. I hope they can find her killer....God bless her family.

Great job teonspaleprincess! I hope they can find her killer, too. She deserves justice after all these years.

Ada Torres Smith was last seen June 1, 1996 in Santee, South Carolina.

Her remains were located off Interstate 75 in Campbell County, Tennessee in 1997.

She was identified in March 2007. The work of the members of the Doe Network contributed to her identification.

Kudos Teonspaleprincess! I have been following this thread for some time wondering when LE would take it seriously. I took the liberty of posting this on the comments section of that news article.

This case was solved by a poster on Websleuths.com. She goes by "Teonspaleprincess" and there is a thread on that site exploring the possiblities of the identification of this person. That thread is dated 03/03/07 and that is when Teonspaleprincess reported her findings to all the authorities. Websleuths.com is a forum of amature sleuthers. Credit where credit is due would be appreciated! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47516

Yeah richandfamous and fl mom. When I looked at the comments there was nothing there early this am.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back