Identified! TN - Cheatham Co, WhtFem 14-20, 566UFTN, poss hitchhiker, cross bite, poor dental care, Oct'81 - Linda Sue Karnes

Fairy, your missing girl fits the UID pretty well, Cheatham County is just west of Nashville, from my mapquesting I just did. Is there any info as to who has been compared to this UID?

Fairy, your missing girl fits the UID pretty well, Cheatham County is just west of Nashville, from my mapquesting I just did. Is there any info as to who has been compared to this UID?

I just sent off an e-mail to the investigating agency asking for any ruled out possibles and whatever other info they might share. There is so very little to go on here. Can't understand why they couldn't even ballbark a height! I'll let you know as soon as I hear back!

They really do look strikingly similar! It almost looks like they made the composite/reconstruction of Jane Doe using a picture of Ellen Akers or something- the jaw shape or something, eyes, nose, mouth etc all look very close IMO. Cheatham Co is pretty far from Florida and there isn't much info on this unidentified girl, but other than that everything seems to match up pretty closely. I wonder if she has been compared yet?

I knew you guys would get right on it !! Thank you for that.

I doubt the UID is Jennifer Weyant simply because of the difference in time frame of disappearance and body location, but Ellen is a great match !

You're right, there is so little there on the UID's fact sheet to go on or to help in any real search for her identity. Thats why I put her here, I knew you guys would zero in on her. It would be so great to send her home to her family.

I knew you guys would get right on it !! Thank you for that.

I doubt the UID is Jennifer Weyant simply because of the difference in time frame of disappearance and body location, but Ellen is a great match !

You're right, there is so little there on the UID's fact sheet to go on or to help in any real search for her identity. Thats why I put her here, I knew you guys would zero in on her. It would be so great to send her home to her family.

Did you mean this the other way around? I would definitely not count out Jennifer - she went missing from TN in 1980???

No response yet from the ME's office.....

Did you mean this the other way around? I would definitely not count out Jennifer - she went missing from TN in 1980???

No response yet from the ME's office.....

I agree, Jennifer seems like a good possibility. Though I would find it scary on LE's end that it has not been closely looked at.

I agree, Jennifer seems like a good possibility. Though I would find it scary on LE's end that it has not been closely looked at.

Me too - unforgivable in fact! But you never know....that's why I sent the e-mail to the ME to find out who's been ruled out. We shall see. If anything, I do hope we can get a few more details about the UID.

I haven't been on here lately, but thought I might just put my thought in here as well, would anyone know more about this case? how about the stepfather? could he have molested this child and discarded her somewhere? just seems strange to me that her glasses and purse was left behind? just seems odd. I wonder if the cops ever questioned him more indepth?

I haven't been on here lately, but thought I might just put my thought in here as well, would anyone know more about this case? how about the stepfather? could he have molested this child and discarded her somewhere? just seems strange to me that her glasses and purse was left behind? just seems odd. I wonder if the cops ever questioned him more indepth?

adding this link in here too. looks like they got the date wrong on her disappearence, it shows 1991?

http://wordpress.com/tag/ellen-linda-akers/

Still - NO WORD from the ME. Makes me so angry!!!:furious:

I get responses immediately from the ME's office in Vegas. Guess these folks can't be bothered!

I guess I wrongfully assumed that the ME would have checked on others missing in the state at the time her remains were found. I'm hoping in 1981 they were more thorough !!! I may be giving them too much credit.

Too bad that it couldn't be Ellen Akers, she looked like a good possibility to me.

Fairy1 it doesn't seem odd to me that you haven't heard right away from the ME. They sort of have the idea that if you aren't family you have no need to know !!!

Too bad that it couldn't be Ellen Akers, she looked like a good possibility to me.

Was Ellen Akers ruled out?

That 1991 date is not the correct one, she did disappear in 1981 if thats what you were thinking of. The website linked a few posts back just got the date wrong.

I guess I wrongfully assumed that the ME would have checked on others missing in the state at the time her remains were found. I'm hoping in 1981 they were more thorough !!! I may be giving them too much credit.

Fairy1 it doesn't seem odd to me that you haven't heard right away from the ME. They sort of have the idea that if you aren't family you have no need to know !!!

It's been 27 years! If they're not pulling out all the stops to ID this girl, there is not much hope. It is odd to me, based on my experience with other UID's, that I've not heard back from the ME.

I realize it's been 27 years... but that still won't change their mindset...if ya ain't family you have no need to know !!! It's summer, maybe the ME is just on vacation. I hope that is it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back