TN TN - Cheatham Co., WhtFem Skeletal 566UFTN, 14-20, in county dump, Oct'81

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by shelley, Sep 3, 2008.

1. shelley

shelley New Member

This case sticks with me because this girl has been unidentified for so long. Anybody have any ideas on this one ? You all are so good at this !

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/566uftn.html

Found Oct 21, 1981...estimated age 14- 20 years old. So sad that this young girl has gone unidentified and unclaimed for all this time.

2. Loading...

3. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

4. Sable

Sable Former Member

5. cutegirltoo

cutegirltoo New Member

Fairy, your missing girl fits the UID pretty well, Cheatham County is just west of Nashville, from my mapquesting I just did. Is there any info as to who has been compared to this UID?

6. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

I just sent off an e-mail to the investigating agency asking for any ruled out possibles and whatever other info they might share. There is so very little to go on here. Can't understand why they couldn't even ballbark a height! I'll let you know as soon as I hear back!

7. lorelei

lorelei New Member

They really do look strikingly similar! It almost looks like they made the composite/reconstruction of Jane Doe using a picture of Ellen Akers or something- the jaw shape or something, eyes, nose, mouth etc all look very close IMO. Cheatham Co is pretty far from Florida and there isn't much info on this unidentified girl, but other than that everything seems to match up pretty closely. I wonder if she has been compared yet?

8. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

9. shelley

shelley New Member

I knew you guys would get right on it !! Thank you for that.

I doubt the UID is Jennifer Weyant simply because of the difference in time frame of disappearance and body location, but Ellen is a great match !

You're right, there is so little there on the UID's fact sheet to go on or to help in any real search for her identity. Thats why I put her here, I knew you guys would zero in on her. It would be so great to send her home to her family.

10. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Did you mean this the other way around? I would definitely not count out Jennifer - she went missing from TN in 1980???

No response yet from the ME's office.....

11. mere

mere Member

I agree, Jennifer seems like a good possibility. Though I would find it scary on LE's end that it has not been closely looked at.

12. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Me too - unforgivable in fact! But you never know....that's why I sent the e-mail to the ME to find out who's been ruled out. We shall see. If anything, I do hope we can get a few more details about the UID.

13. mere

mere Member

Great...Hope to hear some more info soon.

14. dannyodie

dannyodie New Member

I haven't been on here lately, but thought I might just put my thought in here as well, would anyone know more about this case? how about the stepfather? could he have molested this child and discarded her somewhere? just seems strange to me that her glasses and purse was left behind? just seems odd. I wonder if the cops ever questioned him more indepth?

15. dannyodie

dannyodie New Member

adding this link in here too. looks like they got the date wrong on her disappearence, it shows 1991?

http://wordpress.com/tag/ellen-linda-akers/

16. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Still - NO WORD from the ME. Makes me so angry!!!:furious:

I get responses immediately from the ME's office in Vegas. Guess these folks can't be bothered!

17. shelley

shelley New Member

I guess I wrongfully assumed that the ME would have checked on others missing in the state at the time her remains were found. I'm hoping in 1981 they were more thorough !!! I may be giving them too much credit.

Too bad that it couldn't be Ellen Akers, she looked like a good possibility to me.

Fairy1 it doesn't seem odd to me that you haven't heard right away from the ME. They sort of have the idea that if you aren't family you have no need to know !!!

18. lorelei

lorelei New Member

Was Ellen Akers ruled out?

That 1991 date is not the correct one, she did disappear in 1981 if thats what you were thinking of. The website linked a few posts back just got the date wrong.

19. shelley

shelley New Member

Lorelei,

Thanks for checking on that. I think Ellen is a good match.

20. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

It's been 27 years! If they're not pulling out all the stops to ID this girl, there is not much hope. It is odd to me, based on my experience with other UID's, that I've not heard back from the ME.

21. shelley

shelley New Member

I realize it's been 27 years... but that still won't change their mindset...if ya ain't family you have no need to know !!! It's summer, maybe the ME is just on vacation. I hope that is it.