Identified! TN - Cheatham Co, WhtFem 14-20, 566UFTN, poss hitchhiker, cross bite, poor dental care, Oct'81 - Linda Sue Karnes

Fairy1,

I assume you have not heard back from the ME on this case. I was hoping he/she would respond to you by now. Perhaps you can submit it to doe network. I have only submitted one case to them and got an answer almost immediately...that I was wrong !

I was so hoping there would be some closure on this case. Thank you to all of you for trying.

Brenda seems like a decent match- and her mother being killed and never being reported missing for so long would explain the UID status, at least to me.

Someone should contact DN and see if we can get rule outs from them, as there has been no answer from the ME in the case. Knowing who to not look at anymore would be a big help.

Satemplat,

I would say that is a good choice..the age is correct, time frame would match. Too bad there is so little info on the Cheatham County girl. I would submit it if I were you.

Fairy1,

I assume you have not heard back from the ME on this case. I was hoping he/she would respond to you by now. Perhaps you can submit it to doe network. I have only submitted one case to them and got an answer almost immediately...that I was wrong !

I was so hoping there would be some closure on this case. Thank you to all of you for trying.

Hi shelley - sorry for the delay - but no, I have not heard anything from the ME. And yes, it makes me angry. I will try again...

I think Brenda looks more like the UID than Ellen does.

but how would she have gotten so far from Staten Island?

Maybe she ran away from foster care and hitchhiked?

I emailed the Tennessee examiner about 6 months ago about this match, but never did get a response.

I looked on the net and seen that Brenda's sister is looking for her, so I will email her and see if she can give us some more info.

Bumping!!! I cannot get an answer from TN. Pizzes me off to no end...

the Namus link posted by fairy in #7 is not working. here is a working link:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1582

these are the official rule-outs:

Ellen Linda Akers 1966
Sandra Kay Butler
Debra Jean Cole 1961 Indiana
Marry A Galloway 1964
Charlotte June Kinsey
Alison Marie Mims 1961 Arizona
Mary Opitz
Jeanne Geneva Overstreet 1963 Arizona
Cindia Leann Pallett 1968
Dean Marie Peters
Michele Reidenbach 1964
Ilene K Rubin
Tina Sharp
Lorrine M Weil
Jennifer Wyant

Most updated list with 2 more girls added to the rule out list:

Ellen Linda Akers
Sandra Kay Butler
Debra Jean Cole
Carla Corley
Marry A Galloway
Charlotte June Kinsey
Alison Marie Mims
Mary Opitz
Jeanne Geneva Overstreet
Cindia Leann Pallett
Dean Marie Peters
Kathryn Quackenbush
Michele Reidenbach
Ilene K Rubin
Tina Sharp
Lorrine M Weil
Jennifer Wyant

I was thinking about this girl http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/younger_janice.html

I thought she resembled the UID...

i actually gre up in this county and have never heard of this case before i am going to do some research

Cheatham county is about 30-45 mins outside of Nashville I know scantly where this dump is provided it is located in the same place it was at that time I'm trying to find hat out now .... However I wasn't even born at that time so I am trying to find someone old enough that would know and live there at the time

If it is located in the same place it's a very rural area even now so I'm sure it was pretty deserted that many years ago

Carol Donn #6022 in NAMUS - looks a lot like the UID and her history of running away might have taken her to TN - NAMUS states DNA on file as well as dentals, so would be an automatic rule out, I suppose?? She is not on the rule out list.

The Doe Network:
Case File 482UFTN

Reconstruction of Victim by Joanna J. Hughes

Campbell County Doe (4/3/1985)
482UFTN.jpg

Cheatham County Doe (10/21/1981)
566UFTN.jpg

The victim was discovered on April 3, 1985 in Campbell County, Tennessee
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 4 years prior
Partial skeletal remains
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 9-15 years old
Clothing: There were a pair of boots recovered that were size 5, which may not belong to the victim, and a few scraps of clothing.
Jewelry: Necklace, bracelet made of plastic buttons.
Fingerprints: Not available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available at University North Texas
http://doenetwork.org/cases/482uftn.html

BTW- NamUS says age 10-14 (very slightly different, still same basic age)

Despite them both being done in a very distinctive medium, likely the same artist, don't they kinda/sorta look alike?

They were near the same age and were killed at roughly the same time (1981+/-). They were also dumped at out-of-the-way places. It sounds like Cheatham Co Doe was probably dumped in a dumpster somewhere in the county.

There were actually several Campbell County Doe's found around the same time, mainly dumped off of I-75.
This girl was not.
She was found out in the middle of nowhere. Absolute NOWHERE. It "isn't far" from I-75, but you have to traverse hills (i.e. CURVES) on two gravel roads before you get to the road she was found off of (Big Wheel Gap Rd, Pioneer, TN). From satellite photos, I am not sure the place she was found even exists (as it was). Strip mining has really altered the landscape of that area.

I knew these girls looked alike since their reconstructions were done by the same person. I'd just noticed that they'd likely been killed very close together in time, both in rural Tennessee.
I'd never really thought about that before as they were discovered a few years apart...

Campbell County Doe (4/3/1985)
482UFTN.jpg

Cheatham County Doe (10/21/1981)
566UFTN.jpg

*the attached image is a different angle of Campbell Doe.
I'm not used to attaching pics so I don't know how to get rid of her, but it might be useful so I just kept it.

Attachments

• 482UFTN1.jpg
    482UFTN1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 130
If it is located in the same place it's a very rural area even now so I'm sure it was pretty deserted that many years ago

It looks like the county dump (off Sam's Cr Rd, same one?) is surrounded by a wildlife management area, so I guess people aren't living very close by. I think it's been around for a bit, too. I just found that it used to be known as Cheatham County Game Farm (apparently well before 1997, date of source).

Phyllis E. Brewer? 19 year old who disappeared from Ohio on June 13, 1981.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/brewer_phyllis.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26896/29

Sad case where her family is apparently all deceased now so there are few actual details of her disappearance known. The stretch is geography since she disappeared from Ohio, but since so little is known about what happened, I wanted to include her here.

It's hard for me to compare the reconstruction versus her photographs, plus some reconstructions end up not resembling identified victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back