TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only one that was honest was the father. How long are we thinking it will take the jury? I think by the end of tomorrow, if it goes into Thursday I will be worried.

I have no idea what this strange jury will do, but I do predict that VC will appeal on grounds of ineffective counsel. :cool:

Yes, she will, but Lavitt was rolling the dice to attract the jurors who were obsessed with Daphne Sutton. Aside from that, he made several tactical blunders. A sane jury will arrive at the appropriate verdict. We will see.

I agree Julie. No DP, but certainly will be a very long prison sentence. This was a truely horrific, sadistic crime. None of these defendants seemed to even care, and they all tried to point the finger at someone else. Personally, I have no doubt in my mind that, while this was probably not Vanessas idea in the first place, she did actively participate. And I have no doubts that she was the one that caused that trauma to Channon.

The only one that showed the slightest remorse was Cobbins, while he still lied I do believe he did feel a bit of remorse for what he did, but I still think he should have been put to death. In my book anyone that could watch or see what happened to them poor kids and not try to help or report it right way don't deserve to walk the streets or live on this earth.......something in them is missing.

Yes, she will, but Lavitt was rolling the dice to attract the jurors who were obsessed with Daphne Sutton. Aside from that, he made several tactical blunders. A sane jury will arrive at the appropriate verdict. We will see.

I forgot to sign it with my name.
David From TN

All and all I think he did a good job of putting up smoke screens for the jury.

Vanessa seemed nearly cheerful leaving the courtroom.

The three days I was in the courtroom last week, she sometimes looked cheerful, other times it was bored and indifferent. When the ME testified about Channon's wounds, she put her head down and faked crying. A few minutes later, she was completely dry-eyed.

David From TN

The three days I was in the courtroom last week, she sometimes looked cheerful, other times it was bored and indifferent. When the ME testified about Channon's wounds, she put her head down and faked crying. A few minutes later, she was completely dry-eyed.

David From TN

At one point, Vanessa grabbed 4 tissues in a 30 second time period! (I counted!) Talk about overdone! I also noticed Vanessa taking the tissue and rubbing it really hard back and forth across her eye, like she was trying to make her eyes water and red! Funny thing is, anytime she showed her face there were no tears! Not even one!

I also noticed she was rocking back and forth like Gary does! I wonder if she did that to portray herself as distraught as Gary? What a souless human being.....

Unfortunately, I don't think we are dealing with a sane jury. :( At least one juror seems illogical. I will gladly eat crow if I am proven to be wrong and the jury convicts her! At this point, I just don't feel great about this jury.

Knox County Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner has indicated jury deliberations in Vanessa Coleman's murder trial will begin Wednesday.
The defense rested before lunch today on behalf of torture-slayings defendant Vanessa Coleman. Lawyers are presenting closing arguments.
Coleman is accused of playing a part in the killings of Channon Christian, 21, and Chris Newsom, 23, in January 2007.

More at link:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/may/11/torture-slaying-trial-day-7-no-testimony-defendant/

Day 7 Summary video:
http://media.scrippsnewspapers.com/...ry-day-seven-and-closing-arguments-vanessa-co"

Photo Galleries »

Vanessa Coleman trial - Monday, May 11, 2010

http://www.knoxnews.com/photos/galleries/2010/may/11/vanessa-coleman-trial---monday-may-11-2010/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23