GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

http://m.wbir.com/news/article?a=13802719&f=4526

"I immediately got sick to my stomach, I got a headache, and then you know, and then anger. The anger comes back. And it's like you know, we thought maybe we had a little bit of time and now we're just right back in fight mode, so to speak. Fighting the system," said Deena Christian, mother of Channon Christian.

"Apparently as long as they are there for bed check, which I think is 9 p.m., and they behave decently, then they are awarded 16 days per month, 192 days per year," explained Hugh Newsom. "And we're not talking about cells. She's staying in dormitory rooms."

The Newsoms expected Coleman to be eligible for parole in 2017, when she would have served 30-percent of her 35 consecutive year sentence.

"I feel she's very dangerous. She's an evil person. She enjoyed that weekend that she spent there. Thought it was fun. That's not the kind of person you want out on the street again," said Mary Newsom.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-...-coleman-parole-garners-wide-support_78774330

More than 54,000 people have signed an online petition asking the Tennessee Board of Probation and Parole to keep behind bars a woman who helped carry out the torture slaying of a young Knoxville couple...

"The lady in Nashville who heads up the victims side of the house had told us that letters, impact statements, petitions, and being there in person (for the parole hearing) all would help contribute to keeping Vanessa Coleman from getting parole, so we were exercising everything we had in our arsenal," Newsom said.

Newsom and his family plan to be on hand for the October hearing, as well as submitting personal impact statements, he said.

It bears repeating something that has been said concerning the Christian-Newsom torture-murders in view of the way the national media is covering the events in Ferguson, Missouri this week.

IMO, if the races had been reversed, the Christian-Newsom case would have been the biggest story in the Western World the last seven years. Also, imagine the reaction if a convicted perpetrator was coming up for parole with the races reversed.

Can anyone tell me where Coleman is from? Its a shame for one of these perps to EVER walk the street again.

It really is incredible that she could already be up for parole. I am sure it will be denied (this time). But just the idea that a 35 year sentence could really mean such a short time is disgusting. It is particularly troubling because for those of us that closely followed this case, we almost all felt that Vanessa was likely the one responsible for many of the horrific trauma to Channon.

Conviction of Vanessa Coleman affirmed, opinion came out yesterday. I cant link with my tablet. Her parole hearing today. Will post later. Sure hope it's denied!!!!!!!!!

Local 8 News ‏@wvlt 5h5 hours ago

Gary and Deena Christian just arrived in Nashville at the prison for Vanessa Coleman's parole hearing. pic.twitter.com/IjuDJoXnPT

Parole was denied Wednesday for one of the suspects convicted in the 2007 murder and carjacking of a young Knoxville couple.

Vanessa Coleman was found guilty of facilitating the rape, kidnapping and murder of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom.

Coleman will be up for parole again in 2020.

http://wate.com/2014/12/10/parole-denied-for-vanessa-coleman/

Court of Criminal Appeals affirms conviction, trial court sentence in Vanessa Coleman case:

State of Tennessee v. Vanessa Coleman
E2013-01208-CCA-R3-CD
In this case both victims were sexually assaulted. Accordingly, we will identify them by their initials. Defendant, Vanessa Coleman, was one of four defendants charged by presentment for offenses which occurred in January 2007, involving the deaths of the victims, C.N. and C.C

https://www.tncourts.gov/courts/cou.../2014/12/09/state-tennessee-v-vanessa-coleman

I have followed many Trials over the years. This one dam well almost killed me. And then to have the Judge issues I still try to wrap my head around this. My heart goes out to the Victims and Family. Beyond horrific. I have no words

I have followed many Trials over the years. This one dam well almost killed me. And then to have the Judge issues I still try to wrap my head around this. My heart goes out to the Victims and Family. Beyond horrific. I have no words

I am waiting to watch the report from WATE6 out of Knoxville, interviews and part of the parole hearing today, I did catch a snippet from Channel 4 WSMV out of Nashville. I did see the parents of both saying a couple of little things, but I don't want to misquote them until I have actual links to post.

Paraphrasing from VC: Parole Hearing

"Ive changed, I was with the wrong crowd, I've changed I want to go home to my family in Ky and go to school to cut hair"

hmmmmmmmmm guess she can learn that in prison can't she?

Cry me a freaking river !

I know exactly what you mean Bravo. I followed every single one of the trials and these murders were some of the most heinous, evil murders I've ever followed. I experienced nightmares and can still vividly hear and see the testimony and documents. This is one of those you can never forget. My heart broke for the parents.

I know exactly what you mean Bravo. I followed every single one of the trials and these murders were some of the most heinous, evil murders I've ever followed. I experienced nightmares and can still vividly hear and see the testimony and documents. This is one of those you can never forget. My heart broke for the parents.

For sure. Yet they go on. God knows how and we do too. I guess if we dont evil at it's most depraved gets the upper hand.

Paraphrasing from VC: Parole Hearing

"Ive changed, I was with the wrong crowd, I've changed I want to go home to my family in Ky and go to school to cut hair"

hmmmmmmmmm guess she can learn that in prison can't she?

Cry me a freaking river !

Agree. May she rot and suffer tenfold over her Victims. Wants to cut hair LMAO ya like ya piece of pond scum could ever build a clientele. Sorry but ya cant change your spots. I pray your life is hell from now until you leave this earth. Prolly one of my harshest posts to date. Fitting and as it should be. IMO.

Oh my goodness......she will live not far from me...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back