GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

Lemarcus Davidson appeared before a judge to petition for relief from his conviction. Davidson was sentenced to death in 2009. He has been on death row since. He will make multiple court appearances this week.

Another man alleged to be involved in the Christian-Newsom case is Eric Boyd. Boyd is still awaiting sentencing and has a trial date on Feb 28.

Man convicted in Christian-Newsom murder appears in court

I followed this case closely. These people are pure evil. It's hard to believe Eric Boyd still hasn't been sentenced. I think I read the other day that the Newsom's believe he was the main source of their son's torture and murder. :-(
Boyd hopefully will never be a free man again. I am very thankful that these charges were finally brought. I just hope there is enough evidence to convict him once and for all. I believe he and Davidson were the instigators of this horror and that Boyd seemed to have taken great pleasure in it.

Literally makes my stomach turn to see Davidson wants "relief" from his conviction. He will never pay enough for what he did and was a part of. All of them should burn.

Literally makes my stomach turn to see Davidson wants "relief" from his conviction. He will never pay enough for what he did and was a part of. All of them should burn.
I agree. Davidson is probably getting nervous. Tennessee has actually carried out some executions again and has reintroduced the electric chair as an option. But he deserves whatever he gets. I believe he was the primary abuser of Channon and of course was directly responsible for her final horrible death.

Lemarcus Davidson appeared before a judge to petition for relief from his conviction. Davidson was sentenced to death in 2009. He has been on death row since. He will make multiple court appearances this week.

Another man alleged to be involved in the Christian-Newsom case is Eric Boyd. Boyd is still awaiting sentencing and has a trial date on Feb 28.

Wow, I sure wish I was local with this trial. Wish I was on the jury. This case ranks at the top of the most horrific crimes I've ever followed. ETA: I was referring to the Boyd trial.

Last edited:

The only thing I see wrong with his sentencing is that he has not been executed yet. He does't need to waste oxygen.

Lemaricus Davidson: 'Never over' as Christian, Newsom families await ruling on new trial

The judge said he expects to take a few weeks to decide after the post-conviction hearing wrapped up Tuesday.

Attorneys argued Davidson's sentence and prosecution were unconstitutional. They said his original attorneys should have demanded a jury from outside the county, arguing the Knox County pool was tainted by pretrial publicity and community outrage.

Prosecutors said Davidson did get a fair trial and a fair jury. Deputy District Attorney General Leland Price explained to the court the jury selection process took weeks, surveying a pool of hundreds of people through multiple rounds of questioning.

He said he was concerned at the time about finding a Knox County jury, and he recognized the public interest in the case.

Christian-Newsom case: No new trial for death row inmate Lemaricus Davidson, judge rules

A judge has denied death row inmate Lemaricus Davidson's bid for a new trial in the torture-killings of a Knox County couple.

A Knox County jury sentenced Davidson to death nearly 10 years ago for his role as ringleader in the carjacking, rape, torture and killing of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom in January 2007.

Davidson's trial was the third in the case, after Boyd's conviction in federal court for harboring Davidson as a fugitive after the killings and Cobbins' conviction in state court for murder. White separatists held two rallies downtown "in honor of" Christian and Newsom, and Trant and Eldridge said they and their staff received death threats as the case went to trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back