GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

He was so full of anger.

He turned back to his faith and he actually goes around to churches in the Knoxville area to speak about what happened to Channon and how his faith helped him heal after years of being angry etc. About what happened to his daughter.

I see that Gary Christian is divorced from his wife(mother of channon)Deena Christian, their marriage being yet
another victim of this horrific crime. Both sets of parents have suffered so much.

According to Kara S:

*Channon was scheduled to work until 9:30 PM on January 6th, 2007.

* Channon was able to leave work early and arrived at her apartment at 5:30 PM

* Kara left at 8:00 for the party, asked Channon if she wanted to go with her and Channon was upset with Chris because she was sick and not hungry and wanted to leave with Kara but Chris told her that she needed to go eat something.
* She last heard from Channon at 9:00 on the phone
* She mentioned that Channon was upset and crying because she had waited for over an hour for Chris to show up and that she was still at her apartment.

* Channon told Kara that she should have left with her.

This witness is so difficult.
Boyd’s female cousin. Apologies don’t remember her name.
I know court isn’t pleasant but hey much better then what the innocent victims and their families endured.
Amazing how she remembers nothing about a pivotal day in her life since she's been called into court repeatedly for years to discuss it. The prosecutor did a good job of bringing in her previous statement that her family members have pressured her to change her story.

Amazing how she remembers nothing about a pivotal day in her life since she's been called into court repeatedly for years to discuss it. The prosecutor did a good job of bringing in her previous statement that her family members have pressured her to change her story.

The judge would not allow all her previous testimony to be admitted so state did work around it a bit

Plus her smirks and laughs are so disrespectful. Such a convenient memory loss.

I can't believe this was simply a car jacking gone wrong. It seems to me that there is much more that drove these monsters to do the vile things that they did, and I include Vanessa. She was a part and party to it all. Two young innocent kids were horribly tortured and murdered. Lovely Channon didn't even escape the torture in death. She was intentionally murdered in a slow painful way. Why? Were the monsters envious of these two golden children. Young adults that had everything going for them. Looks, jobs, money, love from family and real friends, a car. No, these entities took out their rage on the innocent trying to make them pay for how miserable their own lives were. If ever there was a crime that deserved the death penalty, then it is this one and it should have been the fate of all 5 of them. In the sentencing of all but Davidson the juries were too lenient. Were they afraid that more severe penalties would make it too look racial? Who knows. But in my opinion, this crime was even beyond racial. It sprang from a deep seated envy of what was better and shined a light on how despicable and how wasted the lives of the 5 were. They were nothing but bottom feeders and the knowledge of that fed their rage.

They initially only wanted Channon's 4 Runner but when they saw approaching headlights, that is when they shoved both Channon and Chris into her vehicle and took off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back