TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rifle, test fired, performed normally, compared to database. Did not find positive or negative results?

30 M1 carbine universal semi-automatic rifle she tested:
2m47f6a.jpg

Talking Cobbin's gun. Was received with cylindar and cylindar retaining pin. Gun was cleaned. She was able to fire even though pin was missing.

naming items she examined in this case.

Anyone else having problems with live feed?

Yep, I finally just closed it. It was slowing down my entire internet connecton. Had to restart a few times.

I wonder where Slim got the M-1 carbine. That is not a cheap weapon. Stolen?

Talking Davidson's gun. Test fired, functioned properly. Compared to database with negative results.

Bullet should have rifling marks on it. Marks unique to that gun.

Talking casings found at Chipman street. They were fired from??? Did she say?

Fired from one of the guns, didn't see which one.

Bullets from Neck and Back. They were fired from same unknown barrel. Same gun. Rifling with a right twist.

Could have been fired from one of the guns....can't be 100% certain. Inconclusive.

Was most likely first gun they talked about....didn't see what gun they are talking about...sorry.

I can't get the video at all. Anyone else streaming?

Bullets from Neck and Back. They were fired from same unknown barrel. Same gun. Rifling with a right twist.

Could have been fired from one of the guns....can't be 100% certain. Inconclusive.

Was most likely first gun they talked about....didn't see what gun they are talking about...sorry.

Well if they can't be sure which gun fired the shots... Rome's gun must have been a .22 also.

Wow, I just don't know if I could handle hearing all that (ME). Reading it is bad enough, for the life of me I just can't understand how anyone can be so cruel. I was reading a little about Cobbins trail last night and I just can't get over him not getting the death penalty. I am afraid Davidson will not get it either without the jury knowing everything. I really feel these two had the biggest hands in both rapes/ deaths, but all the accused deserve to die. Darn I feel so bad for the parents to have to hear the ME, I think I would have to leave it would just do me in. Thanks for all the updates, I am in and out all day so it's great to be able to come here and read.

The ME was GREAT in the Cobbins trial. She's quite feisty. It's difficult to listen to some of her testimony. It's pretty stark and harsh, but she's very articulate, matter of fact and easy to listen to and understand. She speaks directly to the jury. I think she, more than anyone else in that case, truly spoke for the victims. If you can, I'd suggest that you listen to her, at least for a while. In Cobbins when the defense was trying to get her to say she didn't know WHO inflicted Shannon's terrible injuries, she sparred with the guy. She told him words to the effect of it not being her job to impart that kind of information. She said her job was to describe the injuries to the victims, and in this case, to make sure it was understood that these victims suffered greatly before they died, horribly. It was good to hear a witness actually say in court what we all know but what sometimes seems to get lost with all the emphasis on the rights of the defendent.

Bullet from headshot recovered from Chris' skull. This bullet was damaged. Had similar character to the other bullets. Could not be matched due to damage.

Defense cross. Noting skull bullet, not fired from mumble mumble.........

Ack, it's hard for me to follow topics I know just about nothing about.

Defense noting differences rather than similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong