TN - Coy Hundley, 38, shot to death, Alcoa, 7 Oct 2003

I feel so sorry for her kids. They have to go back to court and testify all over again. It's got to be stressful for them to see their MOM, (she definitely qualifies for title!) to be portrayed as the bad guy in the courts. I don't believe in taking a person's life, but in some cases you just can't help it especially when someone hurt your kids. I could never be on the jury. No way would I find that woman guilty of and degree of murder, justifiable homocide, manslaughter or any charge they want to bring against her for killing that man.

SadieMae said:
I feel so sorry for her kids. They have to go back to court and testify all over again. It's got to be stressful for them to see their MOM, (she definitely qualifies for title!) to be portrayed as the bad guy in the courts. I don't believe in taking a person's life, but in some cases you just can't help it especially when someone hurt your kids. I could never be on the jury. No way would I find that woman guilty of and degree of murder, justifiable homocide, manslaughter or any charge they want to bring against her for killing that man.

I agree, but they're going to be her best chance.

Sorry, I did not have the information that they tried her on 1st and 2nd at the same time.

So the jury was hung on the second degree charge, therefore jeopardy is not attached.

The children are victims in this case no doubt.
Now the children face having to grow up without their mother, when they need her the most.........even though the man that did this to them is dead.

I don't condone her actions, I may do the same thing given the same circumstances.

But she acted in a vigilante manner, in a civilized society.

You weigh a jury decision based on facts of the case, not personal emotion.

A man took a baseball bat to the person who harmed his son. His son told him what happened, the man grabbed a bat, got into his car, beat the man and broke both legs.

The public was sympathic to this man, but he was sentenced to jail as the judge told him that he was judge and jury outside of the legal framework established for the crime that was committed against his son.

Killing a person is against the law, if you feel they deserved it or not, if you feel justified or not, if you try to justify it or not.

In the end, you committed a crime.........murder

The only words I can think of to say about Ms. Cunningham is..

YOU GO GIRL!!!:)

Give the mother a medal and a pat on the head and send her home!

This is what I consider a case of justifiable homicide. I truly believe in the depths of my heart that if some sob raped one of my babies, I would do the same thing she did. I just can't find mercy for child rapists.

JMHO

tennessee said:
This is what I consider a case of justifiable homicide. I truly believe in the depths of my heart that if some sob raped one of my babies, I would do the same thing she did. I just can't find mercy for child rapists.

JMHO
It makes no sense to me to leave it to the "justice" system when these freaks skip out of courts or are released to do it again every damn day!!!!

Linda7NJ said:
It makes no sense to me to leave it to the "justice" system when these freaks skip out of courts or are released to do it again every damn day!!!!

This is true. If this mother had not taken action- think what she and her children had to look forward to..........anywhere from 6 mos. to a year until it went to trial. He may or may not have been kept in jail in that time. Fear as to whether or not he would actually reach trial, or it might be dismissed. Testifing in a trial, having defense attornies try to heap the blame on the children. Listening to "his" mitigating circumstances- poor guy. :furious:
Then if they got lucky and the prosecuting atty didn't give him a plea which allowed for probation, they might actually see him go to jail- for how long? How long would their peace last, before they had to fear him getting out of jail again, and coming after them in retaliation? And how much damage would the children have suffered, not only from the rape, but from the damage the justice system put them through?
They may lose their mom for a time, but at least they know that she stood up for them!

I'm sure we could all come up with a list of convicted offenders who raped and molested children who were eventually let out of prison for one reason or another, and went on to reoffend. For this creep, it was game over!

tennessee said:

JMHO
I can't say I would without trying the police first. That's what does sound really wrong (not wrong enough to put her in jail for life nor for too long). There are always the mistakes, but by and large, the justice system does do it right. Put him in prison, ruin his life, and do it right so you don't have to go to jail. If the cops fail, if the court system fails, if he is out on bail and so much as approaches you - sure, then kill him. But not without giving the system a chance to work.

When you take revenge on someone, you lower yourself to their standards.

In this case, the revenge that this women "exacted" upon the alleged criminal was even lower.

Can you imagine a world where people feel "justifed" by their own actions into committing murder and then have no consequences for their actions.

Even if this women is acquitted by a Jury, I can see the Judge saying the words: Jury nullification and imposing a sentence upon her.

Or else, she would get away with murder...........and others will follow and then the USA will be a lot more violent society then it is now.

May I also point out the 10 year old girl was "allegedly" raped. If this man was found guilty in a court of law, then he would have been "convicted" of rape and there would be no doubt to the varacity of the "allegations".

A non-criminal homicide, usually committed in self-defense or in defense of another, may be called justifiable homicide in some cases. A homicide may be considered justified if it is done to prevent a very serious crime, such as rape, armed robbery, or murder. The assailant's intent to commit a serious crime must be clear at the time.

A homicide performed out of vengeance, or retribution for action in the past would generally not be considered justifiable.

So this crime does not fit the legal defination of justifable homicide.

This women might feel like she was "justified" in her own mind, but often "murderers" try to rationalize and justify their actions when they kill another person.

CyberLaw said:
EDITED
Can you imagine a world where people feel "justifed" by their own actions into committing murder and then have no consequences for their actions.

Or else, she would get away with murder...........and others will follow and then the USA will be a lot more violent society then it is now.

I would imagine there would be far fewer REPEAT pedophiles! That would be a good thing. Frankly, I am sick to death of the all rights twisted sickos enjoy, while innocent child victims keep piling up.

Violence in society isn't perpetrated by law abiding citizens. I would say 99% of violent crimes are committed by LOW LIFE CRIMINALS and they have a very high recidivism rate.

tennessee said:

JMHO
I hear you! I agree completely.

CyberLaw said:
When you take revenge on someone, you lower yourself to their standards.

In this case, the revenge that this women "exacted" upon the alleged criminal was even lower..
Well, maybe if you are willing to risk the consequences for the cause, then lowering yourself is well-worth the effort. That must be looked upon by the situation of those that are harmed in certain instances. This may not be a popular opinion, but when faced with those circumstances, it is the decision of the person to weight the outcome.

Your opinion is noted, but it I do not find her position the lower choice. I find she took her ground and the only choice she felt she had in her SITUATION. We cannot walk in another shoes!
--"Also, this does not raise the standard of violence in the "USA!" Another blame statement of the USA, whereas when can look at other countries and find violent offenders and laws that do not deal with offenders in the crime of pedophiles and rape. I do not want to cite deals that Canada made with horrendous criminals either.

As to LindaNJ statements, I totally agree.

Just think one more rapist or pedophile won't be walking the street to re-offend. That is what we want to see till our laws are changed. I think of all that have lost their lives because of these sicko monsters and cry each day. Just think of the animal J. Duncan, (I shutter to print his name). If-the justice system kept better track of him and he did not have free reign maybe a family, & children would be alive. Others would not have to endure the nightmare he has left upon our society. We still seem to uncover more of his crimes.

I say AMEN. God gave us free will, some of us use it differently. We write letters, we try to enact new laws, some choose a different method because sometimes in our hearts we know the law will not work.

Sorry for the rant
Gozgals

I agree. These days, unfortunately it doesn't seem like that big of a stretch for these guys to go from molesting and raping children to killing them. I think she killed that SOB in self-defense of her child and of any child that the SOB may have come into contact with. Once LE starts to step up to the plate and take care of business, parents have the right to do what's necessary in order to protect their children. So, if anyone rapes one of my children, I'll lower myself as low as I need to go to make sure the SOB gets to hell just as fast as I can get him there.

But - will you just go kill him without even calling the police? Without even trying to get him jailed? If so - think about the Mc Martin preschool case, and Dale Akiki. Dale was a nice, wonderful man, weird looking, but dedicated to his children. He was arrested after a bunch of them made accusations that he was molesting them in the most horrible ways possible. Not just one child, several. Had you killed him based on that, you'd be wrong, you'd have killed an innocent man. The problem was a psychologist who lead the children, used hypnosis and several other techniques that generated false memories - with the best of intentions on his part, the childrens part, the parent's part, an innocent man was falsely accused, jailed, and tried. At trial, everything came apart - the stories were inconsistient, impossible, and denied by children in the same room as the supposed acts who were not 'helped' by that particular psychologist. Pretty much the same story for McMartin.

I know, all parents believe their children, believe these things happened, especially when more than one child says so, but even if it was only their child. But even without any malice, there can be horrible mistakes, and jumping the gun to go kill someone without even giving the police and the courts a chance is wrong. In this case, it sounds like she probably got the right person, but it isn't a good thing to let go. And sometimes there is malice - misidentifications because the child is too afraid of the molester to name them; divorce cases where a parent uses false accusations to try for better custody or just to hurt the other person, etc.

He probably did it - but we'll never be sure. If the police refused to do anything, then she has no other choice but to take it into her own hands - but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Details said:
But - will you just go kill him without even calling the police? Without even trying to get him jailed? If so - think about the Mc Martin preschool case, and Dale Akiki. Dale was a nice, wonderful man, weird looking, but dedicated to his children. He was arrested after a bunch of them made accusations that he was molesting them in the most horrible ways possible. Not just one child, several. Had you killed him based on that, you'd be wrong, you'd have killed an innocent man. The problem was a psychologist who lead the children, used hypnosis and several other techniques that generated false memories - with the best of intentions on his part, the childrens part, the parent's part, an innocent man was falsely accused, jailed, and tried. At trial, everything came apart - the stories were inconsistient, impossible, and denied by children in the same room as the supposed acts who were not 'helped' by that particular psychologist. Pretty much the same story for McMartin.

I know, all parents believe their children, believe these things happened, especially when more than one child says so, but even if it was only their child. But even without any malice, there can be horrible mistakes, and jumping the gun to go kill someone without even giving the police and the courts a chance is wrong. In this case, it sounds like she probably got the right person, but it isn't a good thing to let go. And sometimes there is malice - misidentifications because the child is too afraid of the molester to name them; divorce cases where a parent uses false accusations to try for better custody or just to hurt the other person, etc.

He probably did it - but we'll never be sure. If the police refused to do anything, then she has no other choice but to take it into her own hands - but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
several years ago a well known man in my small town was arrested and accused of molesting 2 14 yr old girls ,the girls who accused him used to ride on the school bus he drove,3 weeks later they came clean and said they were only trying to get back at him for being tough on them on the bus.needless to say it wrecked his life.Mud sticks.
I would gladly go to prison for murder if someone ever harmed one of my girls,but this made me think.these girls did a terrible thing because it can put doubt in peoples minds .I fully understand this woman and hope they prove the rape so she will be given a lighter sentence or freed ,but I think I would try the police first myself and then look out.

Details said:

Honestly, I can't answer that question. I guess it would depend on the circumstances and what I knew.

Details said:

That all happened because they called the police!;) LOL

If MY child came to me and told ME...there would be a dead perv.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back