TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by tlcya, May 12, 2016.

1. tlcya

tlcya Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

http://fox17.com/news/local/endangered-child-alert-issued-for-rogersville-tenn-9-year-old

http://wkrn.com/2016/05/04/tbi-9-year-old-taken-from-school-under-false-pretenses/

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/tbi-...ert-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/171648942

Updates from TBI can be found here: https://www.tn.gov/tbi/topic/active-amber-alerts

Article summarizing the TBI presser: details of arrest, family reaction, etc.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-be-on-Top-10-Most-Wanted-list-379197281.html

First available local news article:

'She is 10-4': C rescued, Simpson arrested in remote area near Clinch Mountain

[FONT=roboto_slablight]There was an audible cheer in Hawkins County Central Dispatch of Simpson’s arrest was announced over the air shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.

Officers repeated on the air, “She is 10-4.”

C has been transported to a hospital for a precautionary examination.

Simpson reportedly attempted to flea on foot into the woods and was subsequently captured.

Police said a private citizen initially located Simpson and C and contacted police.

Upon hearing the news C’s farther James Trent told the Times-News he never gave up hope.

“I was still positive these guys were going to find her because they were relentless in their search,” Trent said. “It was getting worse and days were passing, but i stillhad confidence she was coming home. When I get to see her I’ll be 100 percent.”

As news broke on this development TBI agents were rushing to an area in extreme north Hawkins County on Debord Road off of Gravely Valley Road near the Hancock County line.

[/FONT]

http://www.timesnews.net/Local/2016/05/12/Carlie-rescued-Simpsn-arrested.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

Hawkins DA confirms CT found alive, Gary Simpson in custody

District Attorney Dan Armstrong confirmed that 9-year-old CT has been found alive.

Armstrong has also confirmed that Gary Simpson, T’s uncle, is also in custody.

C’s family issued the following statement just a few minutes ago saying, “We are so happy that God answered prayers today and C is home safe.”

Just after 5:15 p.m., the AMBER Alert was cancelled for CT in Rogersville.

http://wjhl.com/2016/05/12/tbi-agents-en-route-to-possible-amber-alert-sighting/

MOD NOTE: The press and LE are still using C's name. that is encouraging. She is being evaluated to see if she has been harmed in any way. if it is found she was physically victimized her name will be redacted from the threads. We will follow Law Enforcement's lead. Which is why her name remains right now.

THREAD #1
    THREAD #2

2. Loading...

3. Tulessa

Tulessa Active Member

Thank you tlcya!

4. tlcya

tlcya Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue here.

5. Damarna

Damarna Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Par

Thank you!!

6. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

This is such great news that C was found. YaY! :happydance:

As suspected, not far from home. I hope she recovers and this guy learns what it's like to be someone's captive for his remaining 49 years on this earth! :jail:

7. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

:fireworks2::loveyou::fireworks::sponge::applause:

8. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Active Member

9. krig101

krig101 New Member

A new thread based on good news for once :) Don't think I have ever seen that before!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. Lunar1121

Lunar1121 New Member

It's killing me that people are still pulling the "I think he was trying to protect her" thing...tons of them, as little as just minutes ago...so hard not to be pissed about that. Trying to focus on being overjoyed that C was found alive!!!

11. Bravo

Bravo Active Member

NG interviewed G's wife. All I caught was the end. She will not see him in Jail as she doesn't want to see his face because of what he has done.

12. krig101

krig101 New Member

Will be interesting to see what additional charges get slapped on GS. Kind of dreading hearing that part regarding CT. Hopefully there isn't a statute of limitations and the other relatives will press charges to keep this POS behind bars indefinitely.

I wonder if CT understood why a gun was being held at GS. Did she willingly go to her rescuers? I wonder if she thought something had happened to her family. So many questions......I bet she was soooooo excited to see her daddy and sister!

Right now I'm just so happy this precious child was found safe! Can't stop smiling about it.

13. Shugercube

Shugercube New Member

So glad to be posting in the "found safe" section! :) I pray that C thought this was just a really fun adventure, and nothing sinister happened. I'm hoping the fact she was smiling and said she was "OK" is a good sign!

14. Shugercube

Shugercube New Member

I think most of us are wondering the same things!

15. Bravo

Bravo Active Member

NG showing an aerial view. My how vast and dense!

16. krig101

krig101 New Member

I applaud this woman!

17. Shugercube

Shugercube New Member

good! Too many times you see the wife sticking with the husband, in some sort of horrible state of denial. I'm glad she isn't making excuses for him and is on C's side!

18. krig101

krig101 New Member

Yes! I think tomorrow a lot of info will come out.

19. Bravo

Bravo Active Member

I think all of us here will sleep much better tonight. It has been quite an emotional roller coaster.

20. steelman

steelman Former Member

Everyone will know what Simpson did based on what he is eventually charged with.

21. Thorn

Thorn New Member

Someone took a poster's advice and they are turning Saturday's search into a Welcome Home celebration for C at Rogersville City Park at noon! I hope that all us local WS peeps can attend. :websleuther::happydance: