GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

"Linda Simpson told Local 8 News that when she finally got to talk to Carlie that she said Carlie was glad to see her dad and sisters."
Plural? Typo?

Typo. Watching the video Linda Simpson clearly says "daddy and her sister"

NC5_NickBeres (news on facebook)

NC5_NickBeres
1 hr ·
CARLIE TRENT IS HOME AND A BIG BOND IS SET ON HER UNCLE. Here's what I've learned: Details about Carlie's physical will be limited because she is a juvenile and medical records are private. Also this remains a criminal investigation. I've now been told that after having been reunited with her family she did spend the night at the hospital in Johnson City for her physical and to be questioned. My understanding is she is now out of the hospital and home in Rogersville. It will be interesting to see what details the TBI or family choose to share with the public. As for her uncle Gary Simpson? He remains in the Hawkins county jail ... And I don't think he is going anywhere. A judge today set his bond at $1 million -- an amount he can't possibly post. At this point he is charged with aggravated kidnapping. The TBI says he could face additional charges based on the findings of this continuing investigation. That's the latest. PLEASE SHARE THIS POST.
NC5_NickBeres's photo.

"Linda Simpson told Local 8 News that when she finally got to talk to Carlie that she said Carlie was glad to see her dad and sisters."
Plural? Typo?

Does she have cousins? I used to call my cousin my sister because we grew up so close to each other.

If what we read is true about other family members coming forward with allegations of abuse IMO that would be enough for them to issue that statement. Supposedly they didn't tell at the time of the incidents because they were afraid of him. So if they had 2 or more people come forward and claim he threatened to hurt them or kill them if they told, then it seems reasonable for LE to fear for her life or injury IMO.

So far, that's the only one reported in MSM and I agree that's enough to say he was a danger to her! Just curious what other possibilities there might be, as well.

Roger Carpenter reminds me of Charles Ramsey from the Ariel Castro kidnapping case. Neither of them was involved in the rescue, but that sure doesn’t stop them from talking about it, like they were. :blah:

So? What's wrong with that? Let's not start picking people apart.

CT is finally back with her family, playing and giggling with her little sister, and not really talking about the days she was gone.

As for her (LS) husband, Gary, who is spending his birthday in jail, she really doesn't care.

"He's where he deserves to be," she said. The family still doesn't know why Gary took Carlie.

I wonder what police has and has not told the family...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CT is finally back with her family, playing and giggling with her little sister, and not really talking about the days she was gone.

As for her (LS) husband, Gary, who is spending his birthday in jail, she really doesn't care.

"He's where he deserves to be," she said. The family still doesn't know why Gary took Carlie.

I would think they have told her father, don't you?

I think this is very interesting information. Carlie's dad would have the right to her medical reports and should have been told if there had been any molestation suspected. On a young girl, that would likely be noted upon physical exam, without having to wait for lab results. Police also cannot interview her without permission of the parent, and he has the right to be present. So....I'd imagine that if they don't know why Gary took her, there was probably no molestation during this last week, and that she likely told no reports of it happening in the past (to suspect that was his intention now) either. Mind you, this is not what I was suspecting we would hear, but it sounds like that's what we might.

I think this is very interesting information. Carlie's dad would have the right to her medical reports and should have been told if there had been any molestation suspected. On a young girl, that would likely be noted upon physical exam, without having to wait for lab results. Police also cannot interview her without permission of the parent, and he has the right to be present. So....I'd imagine that if they don't know why Gary took her, there was probably no molestation during this last week, and that she likely told no reports of it happening in the past (to suspect that was his intention now) either. Mind you, this is not what I was suspecting we would hear, but it sounds like that's what we might.
Thanks, I like your optimistic assessment of the situation! Sounds very reasonable and logical.

Thanks, I like your optimistic assessment of the situation! Sounds very reasonable and logical.

It certainly makes sense to me. For the family to report that they have no idea why he took her at this stage, tells me that they haven't uncovered a motive.

Someone way back up thread suggested he might have been waiting to give himself a 'birthday present'. But the good guys busted him before he got the chance. I think this could be the case!

I agree with your optimism. I definitely think if something bad happened to Carlie (other than the obvious) they (the family) would not let her be interviewed and filmed etc...

Someone way back up thread suggested he might have been waiting to give himself a 'birthday present'. But the good guys busted him before he got the chance. I think this could be the case!
I think this is entirely possible, but if so, I would imagine there had been SOMETHING done up to that point. I'd think she'd be able to shed some light on how he has acted and reacted around her, in order to assume that was going to be his birthday present. If he hadn't planned to do anything until today, then why abduct her 9 days ago? The answer to that would probably be to spend those days "grooming" her. Highly qualified LE and counselors should be able to ascertain if that's been the case. For the family to have no idea why he took her at this point, I still think she wasn't able to shed any light for them.

I would think they have told her father, don't you?
I guess they would wouldn't they? If he didn't hurt her it's the best thing ever [emoji3] I guess Ive been thinking about the bond being set so high, makes me think there's so much more. But if there are other charges forthcoming....hopefully other victims are pressing charges...Maybe they found some awful things on his computer. Will be interesting to see what happens Monday!

I just keep thinking about the 3 little Skelton Brothers who went missing here in Michigan a few years ago and were never found :( Dad last to see them. He is imprisoned for kidnapping x3 and got 15 years. If GS only gets 5 years for taking this sweet girl I'll seriously start throwing things!

I know looks can be deceiving, but CT looks like a very happy, healthy, normal, and not traumatized child to me. She doesn't look fearful, I didn't see any hint of terror in her eyes. Perhaps what you all have imagined happened didn't happen to her.

Bond being set high is done because kidnapping is a felony crime. Bond is set to ensure a defendant who is able to secure the $$$ and get out will reappear in court at the time they are required. In this case, the family doesn't have the money to secure a bond, so in jail he'll stay.

Yes, the high bond is pretty telling. As much as (to me), her family saying they still don't know why he took her points to him not having abused her, there has to be SOMETHING for them to st the bond that high!

I know looks can be deceiving, but CT looks like a very happy, healthy, normal, and not traumatized child to me. She doesn't look fearful, I didn't see any hint of terror in her eyes. Perhaps what you all have imagined happened didn't happen to her.

Bond being set high is done because kidnapping is a felony crime. Bond is set to ensure a defendant who is able to secure the $$$ and get out will reappear in court at the time they are required. In this case, the family doesn't have the money to secure a bond, so in jail he'll stay.
True, but I don't think the family would have had the $ even if it had been 1/2 or a 1/4 that. That's a pretty high bond. There appears to be some concern about suicide. That could be another reason to set it so high - to ensure he can't get out. They want him tried and convicted and most importantly, to talk - not kill himself.

It certainly makes sense to me. For the family to report that they have no idea why he took her at this stage, tells me that they haven't uncovered a motive.

Or LE has asked the family not to talk about the specifics of the case anymore (now that she has been found) due to the ongoing investigation, and may have told them speculating or talking to the media about the situation wouldn't be in CT's best interest re charges, prosecution, trial, etc. of GS. This is common IMO once the victim has been found, for the family to go from talking about things to mum as soon as the suspect is in custody. I'm surprised that people would expect the family to speculate and talk to the MSM about his motives now that he's in custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back