GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

Nobody knows what happened, so it's all guesswork and conjecture. Until extra charges are added, all we know is she was kidnapped. Some of us are clinging to the hope she was unharmed besides being away from the rest of her family.

There's blonde hair on that fence in the video, and it sure does look like human hair to me, NOT a cow's hair as some people are claiming on that post! MOO

I always thought the TBI was able to track his phone pings, even when they said they couldn't (giving a false sense of security in case the perp was following the news). Perhaps that is how they had a general idea of the location and knew he was still nearby. Local searchers may have heard more than the general public. JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There's blonde hair on that fence in the video, and it sure does look like human hair to me, NOT a cow's hair as some people are claiming on that post! MOO

I looks like human hair to me too. Too long and flowy to be from a cow. I wonder if that's the clue Mr. Carpenter was referring to when he mentioned "he gave us a clue."

But he said something urged them to go back, and Carpenter credited God.

"He gave us a clue," he said. "Thank God we went back there."

They returned to the Gravelly Valley area Thursday around 1 pm, to search again. Within hours, they found what they, and many others, had been looking for.

via this link:
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/carlie-found/187622318

I could be wrong, but 'm pretty sure it's horse hair. Just from having lived on a farm all my life. Horses love to scratch their heads on barbed wire.

In the interview with one of the rescuers, he stated he gathered information from people that knew GS. Knew his hunting areas, his comfort areas. Awesome thinking! He emphasized he wasn't a SAR, tracker, but had worked in EMS years ago. His country instincts and those of his friends are what helped find her. They knew the area, had looked near GS's home for 2 days, didn't see anything, headed to where GS grew up for 2 days, but again, the people there hadn't seen him in years, and nothing caught their attention, then they went to the Clinch Mtn area, and had previously searched where she was found, kept saying they were so near but didn't see any tracks, no grass pushed down, etc. He stated he felt the ground was dry when GS went in, thus no tracks, but after talking and brain storming with his friends, they all felt the area needed to be checked again, and WOOHOO they found them!!!!

Now to back up on the 'need a 4 wheeler' to get there talk. Being from the country, it's a phrase that's used frequently, but doesn't necessarily mean it can't be accessible any other way, only that it's not on a paved, or graveled road that just any car could pass on. Some people's driveways are rocks and mud, not graveled in the sense most people of a well graveled, maintained road. I have a friend that lives on such a road, and am always telling her to send the tractor out to get me because try as I might, I can't avoid all the potholes and HUGE rocks on her driveway. Never fails I scrapped the bottom of my van driving up it. YET it IS accessible by vehicles, and she drives a car! So, don't take that phrase as literal as it sounds. It just means it wouldn't be an easy ride on a smooth surface.

YES driving across a pasture can be done with a car. However, most would call that a job for a truck or 4 wd. YET< again, I drive my van through many pastures! (Yes it's a normal van, however, I call it the cat mobile because it's primarily used to carry all my traps and equipment for TNR of ferals. So there's plenty of places that I trap that I either have to walk my traps to, or a 4wd type situation. Yet my van, and I go!)

Driving through a field with tall grass, typically it will cause a track as it pushes the grass down. Right now, with the rain we have been getting, most of the grass is green, springy, and will pop back up! HOWEVER, if you drove through a field like that while the ground is wet, it's going to cause a track in the ground, and push the plants into the ground, and leave a more visible track, a track that may last until that field is cut!

I didn't see the video or photo of the 'hair' in the fence. I will say that I doubt seriously though that it's human hair. Even without looking at it. Cattle and horses love sticking their heads through the fence, and leaving hair behind on the barbs. You know the whole the grass is greener on the other side... the animals can't resist! The shaft of human hair is so thin that unless it's a huge chunk of hair, or someone trained in tracking looking for signs, it probably woudln't be seen, much less seen in a photo.

We have horses, all along the fence line is horse hair, visible to anyone walking near the fence, and there's places there's human hair, but no one ever mentions seeing that human hair when they are here. But always comments on the horse hair and how it looks like the horses flagged the fence line. Side note, sure is neat finding bird's nest and the horse mane or tail has been used to weave the bird's nest, and line the inside! Nature is wonderful!

If you listen closely to Roger's interview, he indicates that there was some sort of info he was privy to, that told him what area he would find them. I wonder what that could have been? So awesome!
I imagine someone close to Simpson went to the good preacher in confidence and told him she knew of a place that needed to be checked. I hope for both of the girls' sakes that this family is done keeping secrets, if there are any.

ETA: maybe someone who wouldn't be eligible for a reward, or who might be implicated if she/he knew something, might think a $40,000 reward would be best used in the good hands of a preacher.

I could be wrong, but 'm pretty sure it's horse hair. Just from having lived on a farm all my life. Horses love to scratch their heads on barbed wire.
My whole property is covered in horse hair hung in the barbed wire lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ah, that mugshot is weirdly satisfying. Happy birthday, GS!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Every day her name is still used in MSM is a good day imho. Of course, we all know what his intentions were but maybe just maybe he had not followed through yet . :please:

I didn't see the video or photo of the 'hair' in the fence. I will say that I doubt seriously though that it's human hair. Even without looking at it. Cattle and horses love sticking their heads through the fence, and leaving hair behind on the barbs. You know the whole the grass is greener on the other side... the animals can't resist! The shaft of human hair is so thin that unless it's a huge chunk of hair, or someone trained in tracking looking for signs, it probably woudln't be seen, much less seen in a photo.

We have horses, all along the fence line is horse hair, visible to anyone walking near the fence, and there's places there's human hair, but no one ever mentions seeing that human hair when they are here. But always comments on the horse hair and how it looks like the horses flagged the fence line. Side note, sure is neat finding bird's nest and the horse mane or tail has been used to weave the bird's nest, and line the inside! Nature is wonderful!

Here's a couple of screenshots (from the video), of the hair on the barbed wire fence.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I find the fact he's in a suicide prevention smock pretty telling. They are made from a material that is too thick to roll into a noose and therefore prevent suicide by hanging.
Perhaps he left a suicide note and that's why they were so fearful for CT. Maybe he was obsessed with the idea of being her father, and planned to live as such until supplies ran out, or maybe until his birthday. Pure speculation, but I can't imagine him thinking he could just return home with her, and with limited resources, I have a feeling they found them just in time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back