GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

Ah, that mugshot is weirdly satisfying. Happy birthday, GS!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
LOL I was just going to say same thing! And that maybe the bare chest is part of his birthday suit! Yeech.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Every day her name is still used in MSM is a good day imho. Of course, we all know what his intentions were but maybe just maybe he had not followed through yet . [emoji14]lease:
That's what I'm thinking. Lots of grooming. Wanting her to be there willingly. Disgusting!

As much as I hate to type this I do believe his intentions were to sexually abuse CT. Family members have stated they were victims. I believe them. The physical exam done at the hospital may show there was a rape or not. If no physical evidence indicating a rape it doesn't mean she wasn't sexually abused. It may take her some time to reveal what she went thru. Nobody IMO with a history as reported by Family takes a 9 year old to a secluded place for all those days/hours to have a vaycay. Given what he bought for her I felt sick from the get go. IMO

I find the fact he's in a suicide prevention smock pretty telling. They are made from a material that is too thick to roll into a noose and therefore prevent suicide by hanging.
Perhaps he left a suicide note and that's why they were so fearful for CT. Maybe he was obsessed with the idea of being her father, and planned to live as such until supplies ran out, or maybe until his birthday. Pure speculation, but I can't imagine him thinking he could just return home with her, and with limited resources, I have a feeling they found them just in time
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

:welcome:

I find the fact he's in a suicide prevention smock pretty telling. They are made from a material that is too thick to roll into a noose and therefore prevent suicide by hanging.
Perhaps he left a suicide note and that's why they were so fearful for CT. Maybe he was obsessed with the idea of being her father, and planned to live as such until supplies ran out, or maybe until his birthday. Pure speculation, but I can't imagine him thinking he could just return home with her, and with limited resources, I have a feeling they found them just in time.

Welcome Christy [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

:welcome:
Thanks.. But I've been here since Mickey Shunick. I lurk more than I post.. And I couldn't remember my login info so i rejoined. :)

And I agree his intentions were probably sexual. That's why I said the suicide smock was telling. A good uncle acting as a "savior" has no reason to feel bad for what he's done, let alone feel suicidal. I also agree that may take awhile for her to open up and tell the story. And if there's a history of abuse, sadly, she may not even know any different.

I'm just glad she is found and she is alive. I can only pray she's healthy and that her spirit isn't too broken to recover. She's in good hands now, and that's what matters most to me.

There's blonde hair on that fence in the video, and it sure does look like human hair to me, NOT a cow's hair as some people are claiming on that post! MOO
Deleted.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Yes but we don't know who exactly the Family members victimized are. They could be other nieces, nephews etc. it was stated they were to afraid of him to speak out. I wish they had yet from reading from victimized posters here it gives us insight to what this does to a person. Which is exactly why this issue still goes on today. IMO

I imagine someone close to Simpson went to the good preacher in confidence and told him she knew of a place that needed to be checked. I hope for both of the girls' sakes that this family is done keeping secrets, if there are any.

ETA: maybe someone who wouldn't be eligible for a reward, or who might be implicated if she/he knew something, might think a $40,000 reward would be best used in the good hands of a preacher.

Without specifics, there are many technologies that upper LE have at their disposal they would rather not go "on the record" with. This is why we have seen suspects pulled over for "random traffic stops" that were far from random, etc. It is likely they closed in on him using these tools but needed civilian searchers to "find him", do a "citizens arrest", and take him off "private property" (where LE would need a search warrant to do so, and have to go on the record with info they want to keep off the record to get the warrant) to a public road where he could be arrested by LE.

It all worked out for the good guys this time and Carlie is home.

I have no inside information and everything is just opinion.

<modsnip>

Yes but we don't know who exactly the Family members victimized are. They could be other nieces, nephews etc. it was stated they were to afraid of him to speak out. I wish they had yet from reading from victimized posters here it gives us insight to what this does to a person. Which is exactly why this issue still goes on today. IMO

Exactly. Blaming the parents is unwarranted.

I cant stop thinking about the Son. So very sad for him. I hope supports are in place soon for him.

<modsnip>

Thank you, I was trying to post the same thing!!

Has it been reported yet that she has been released from the hospital?
Has it been reported yet who has been allowed to see her since she has been found?

http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/carlie-found/187622318
Mug shot in second video that starts with a blond reporter talkign

The men, using four wheelers and on foot, are very familiar with the Hawkins County wilderness. Carpenter said they were very close to the barn where they located Simpson and Carlie the day before, but had moved on because they didn't see any tire tracks.
But he said something urged them to go back, and Carpenter credited God.
"He gave us a clue," he said. "Thank God we went back there."
They returned to the Gravelly Valley area Thursday around 1 pm, to search again. Within hours, they found what they, and many others, had been looking for.
Carpenter won't take credit. "I'm no hero," he told 10News. "I'm an old country boy, raise cattle."

Love this guy. You are a hero. Thank you so much!

Happy Birthday, GS. Hope you have years to reflect on what you have done!

So thankful that CT was found by local heroes!

I love that there was a reward put up by so many amazing people and groups but I was thinking a few days ago I would't even accept it. Then I was telling my husband the great news yesterday and told him about all the support of the community that came together and the reward money raised. I told him the same thing but he suggested they should accept the money and give it to CT given not only her circumstance but it was already stated the limited financial means the family has. I know it won't fix what has been done but it can certainly give her a jump to college or help alleviate some of the burden of not only her parents but her aunt as well and her disabled son. I am one of the few that is sitting around waiting to have the family cleared of any wrong-doing as well. I don't think GS is not guilty but maybe there's other information that may come to light about any of the family members including the aunt and his son, even the parents. Nobody is clear in my opinion until the whole story is investigated and so is CT or until formal charges are brought up. Always hope and pray for the best and if the rescuers don't need the money desperately I would give it to CT and her sister--JMO like anybody else :blushing:

The reporting is unclear. It's been corrected that Carpenter wasn't the guy who held GS at gunpoint, yet I believe he's the only one who's been interviewed on camera. I think he was one who partook in the searches, but he wasn't one of the two who actually came upon GS and CT. It's unclear to me if the two who did, were the actual property owners (b/c it's been reported that they were) or if they were a part of the search party with Carpenter. Some reports have made me think they were two of four search members. Other reports have made me think that Carpenter and another guy approached them, asking them to search their own property. Anyone know? Just curious who might actually be entitled to the reward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back