GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

Missing girl still in hospital. Abductor likely to face more charges.

The Hawkins County sheriff says Simpson’s first court appearance will be on Monday.

I suspect that GS's intentions weren't good, and I would hope there'd be no "I told you sos" b/c at the end of the day, is it really that important to have been "right"? However, I also respect that idea that we really don't know what happened. Just as there are people who are passionate about protecting children from sexual abuse, there are people who are equally passionate about protecting children from unfit custody arrangements, and the like. Regardless of which side you're on, your perspective will become your reality. I think everyone should remember and respect that. People lie - on both sides. I'm going by the fact that LE indicated that there was a history of unreported sexual abuse. I believe that's probably true, but I'm smart enough to know that it could also be a lie.

But...we do know what happened. The uncle CT had lived with and trusted made plans over a period of time to kidnap her. He went to her school and lied to folks there. And not just any lie, but a malicious lie about her father being seriously injured, a choice I think is pretty revealing.

Whatever he told CT, he lied to her as well. No lie was big enough to explain why she was being taken, then kept away from home, other than lies that were psychologically damaging- being told her father decided he didn't want her around, or that her father had been hurt so badly he couldn't take care of her, or, that her father was dead.

He took CT away from everything that was familiar to her, kept her away from everything that was familiar to her, from every source of comfort, reassurance, and support. He ensured she knew she was entirely dependent upon him. She couldn't leave, she had no way of knowing where she was, she couldn't call for help, she was ALONE with that monster.

Even if she hadn't been physically assaulted (as it now appears more likely she she was), he terrorized her psychologically.

What the did was a CRIME. There isn't any debate to be had about that.

As for people feeling passionate about custody disputes. WTH does that have to with this? There was no custody dispute going on. The didn't have any custody rights, and he wasn't going to acquire any.

To say there was anything remotely OK about his taking CT is to say any person who thinks he or she would be a better parent to someone's kid is justified in simply snatching them up and taking them into hiding. Yep. To prove they are better parent material.

I have a feeling some folks read MSM (wrong and incomplete should be assumed, but never is) about dad being in jail and made a whole bunch of assumptions and judgements about what was going on, then carried those over to the , DESPITE LE making it crystal clear they had verifiable information CT was at risk of serious harm or death.

Sorry, but there are no "sides" to be on, and while perspectives may become reality for individuals, perspectives don't change the reality of the situation.

Rant over.

ETA. I'd never cried reading on WS before following this thread, but I did, repeatedly, over the past few days, and not about CT-about her I felt first denial, then dread and feeling sick to my stomach-- but about the many WSers who wrote about the physical and sexual abuse they suffered as children. Those stories were all heartbreaking.

What I'll add is that for anyone who thinks psychological abuse and complete betrayal of trust is somehow not as significant, read Scott Peck's Children of the Lie, one of the examples in it being a mother who gives her son a gun as a birthday present after he told her he was suicidal.

Having been psychologically abused like that by a mother like that for an entire childhood and beyond, I can assure you there is nothing superficial or trivial about the damage it does or the wounds that it leaves.

The Hawkins County sheriff says Simpson’s first court appearance will be on Monday.

The news she was still in the hospital this morning said it all. I hope with all my heart CT will be given all the support it sounds like she's going to need for a very long while.

May that rot in hell.

"District Attorney Dan Armstrong told WJHL that Carlie Trent remains in the hospital Friday."

ETA: Just so people don't have to search the threads and are wondering.
😞 poor baby!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

link? Has this been stated by MSM or LE, or is this (GS "likely" to face additional charges) an assumption based on the fact she is still in hospital?

link? Has this been stated by MSM or LE, or is this (GS "likely" to face additional charges) an assumption based on the fact she is still in hospital?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-remains-hospital-abduction-article-1.2636112

"A day after the 9-year-old girl who was abducted by her uncle was found alive and safe in a barn in rural Tennessee, she remains in the hospital as authorities consider more serious charges against her kidnapper.

Little CT is being treated at a local hospital and interviewed by law enforcement about what happened during the eight days that her uncle, Gary Simpson, abducted her and ducked from authorities in a rural area in Hawkins County."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-remains-hospital-abduction-article-1.2636112

"A day after the 9-year-old girl who was abducted by her uncle was found alive and safe in a barn in rural Tennessee, she remains in the hospital as authorities consider more serious charges against her kidnapper.

Little CT is being treated at a local hospital and interviewed by law enforcement about what happened during the eight days that her uncle, Gary Simpson, abducted her and ducked from authorities in a rural area in Hawkins County."
From your link:

"He could face more charges depending on what investigators learn from interviewing Simpson and C and the results of her medical exams."

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

....and there it is, ladies and gentlemen.

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. :(

But...we do know what happened. The uncle CT had lived with and trusted made plans over a period of time to kidnap her. He went to her school and lied to folks there. And not just any lie, but a malicious lie about her father being seriously injured, a choice I think is pretty revealing.

Whatever he told CT, he lied to her as well. No lie was big enough to explain why she was being taken, then kept away from home, other than lies that were psychologically damaging- being told her father decided he didn't want her around, or that her father had been hurt so badly he couldn't take care of her, or, that her father was dead.

He took CT away from everything that was familiar to her, kept her away from everything that was familiar to her, from every source of comfort, reassurance, and support. He ensured she knew she was entirely dependent upon him. She couldn't leave, she had no way of knowing where she was, she couldn't call for help, she was ALONE with that monster.

Even if she hadn't been physically assaulted (as it now appears more likely she she was), he terrorized her psychologically.

What the did was a CRIME. There isn't any debate to be had about that.

As for people feeling passionate about custody disputes. WTH does that have to with this? There was no custody dispute going on. The didn't have any custody rights, and he wasn't going to acquire any.

To say there was anything remotely OK about his taking CT is to say any person who thinks he or she would be a better parent to someone's kid is justified in simply snatching them up and taking them into hiding. Yep. To prove they are better parent material.

I have a feeling some folks read MSM (wrong and incomplete should be assumed, but never is) about dad being in jail and made a whole bunch of assumptions and judgements about what was going on, then carried those over to the , DESPITE LE making it crystal clear they had verifiable information CT was at risk of serious harm or death.

Sorry, but there are no "sides" to be on, and while perspectives may become reality for individuals, perspectives don't change the reality of the situation.

Rant over.

Thank you. Very well put.

I have to tell you that this is the first major case (of any sort) that I have followed exclusively via Websleuths. I heard one report about the TN kidnapping on WWJ radio (CBS, Detroit) and saw a brief mention of the case on NBC Nightly News. Beyond that, there was no national coverage (all politics, all the time) and local media didn't cover the case. Seems NG discussed the case, but I rarely watch anything on HLN. Anyhoo, just wanted to :tyou: for continuing coverage on the case. I am glad this child was located and hope she will be returned to those who love and care for her.

I can see him being charged with additional felonies along with kidnapping, and that's without even without suggesting sexual abuse. Charges like:

- Endangering a minor
- Obstruction of justice
- False imprisonment
- Custodial Interference

I hope CT is going to be able to eventually heal from this trauma. What a terrible, terrible, terrible thing for her to go through, and at such a young age when she is so vulnerable. Especially for her to be kidnapped and away from family and friends so abruptly and with no planning or explanation from her family -- I would have panic attacks when I was a kid if my family told me I was going somewhere away from home without several days notice.

And then to be isolated alone for over a week with someone she knows and trusted in a bizarre setting, with her probably knowing on some level he was not sane and/or the situation was very wrong.

I have a lot of concerns for her mental and emotional well being, and hope she gets the best therapy available and can begin the healing process.
If he also physically or sexually abused her during her imprisonment, she will face even greater challenges with healing from those wounds he inflicted, and it may affect her for the rest of her life. IMO, GS is the one who should get a life sentence for what he did to her -- mentally unstable or not, he committed horrible crimes against an innocent child, and broke the law, and needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law, which, I for one hope if for the rest of his life. MOO

The reporting is unclear. It's been corrected that Carpenter wasn't the guy who held GS at gunpoint, yet I believe he's the only one who's been interviewed on camera. I think he was one who partook in the searches, but he wasn't one of the two who actually came upon GS and CT. It's unclear to me if the two who did, were the actual property owners (b/c it's been reported that they were) or if they were a part of the search party with Carpenter. Some reports have made me think they were two of four search members. Other reports have made me think that Carpenter and another guy approached them, asking them to search their own property. Anyone know? Just curious who might actually be entitled to the reward.

This article near the end goes into some detail as to how the rescue went down. I'm just posting the link in case LE doesn't want many details to be released for now.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...pers-wife-talk-to-Local-8-News-379291641.html

This article near the end goes into some detail as to how the rescue went down. I'm just posting the link in case LE doesn't want many details to be released for now.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...pers-wife-talk-to-Local-8-News-379291641.html

from your link:

When asked about her husband, Gary Simpson, Linda said, "I'm a religious person. I have to try to forgive him, but I can't forget it."
imo: what the whaaaaat? I thought she hated him & didn't want to see his face? (Rightfully so). I get forgive vs forget, but IMO it's a little soon (and idk if IMO there would ever be a good time for it) to be worrying about forgiving that pig.
Something doesn't make sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back