Found Safe TN - Daphne Westbrook, 16, & dog, Chattanooga, kidnapped, 6 Oct 2019 *endangered*

The other thing I find strange was that his posts are more about dealing stress or doing his own thing, then I found the posts on the cryptocurrency on a different site. At one point he's completely broke back in 2016, I believe, and had to go interview for jobs "for the first time in 7 years." Yes, you can find a long post about this on his tumblr. He then mentions that he's borrowed money from his family to the point where he felt it's too much and his cards are overdrawn, etc. But he also posts that he knows just the right amount of money he needs to keep his car and the house.

He also posted that on one of his big trips he was broke when he started out. I went through almost all of his tumblr posts last night so I can't be certain, but i believe it was one with his daughter.

The other thing I find strange was that his posts are more about dealing stress or doing his own thing, then I found the posts on the cryptocurrency on a different site. At one point he's completely broke back in 2016, I believe, and had to go interview for jobs "for the first time in 7 years." Yes, you can find a long post about this on his tumblr. He then mentions that he's borrowed money from his family to the point where he felt it's too much and his cards are overdrawn, etc. But he also posts that he knows just the right amount of money he needs to keep his car and the house.

He also posted that on one of his big trips he was broke when he started out. I went through almost all of his tumblr posts last night so I can't be certain, but i believe it was one with his daughter.

Please tell me how you can mysteriously become am expert in 3 years?

Dad was charged with kidnapping because he doesn't have custody and she's a minor. Therefore if he takes her anywhere he's not supposed to, it's legally kidnapping. Whether she wanted to go or not is irrelevant in the eyes of the law. Reading stuff about the family situation and how Daphne was taking having a new stepfather very hard makes me wonder if this is truly a case where she has no desire to be with her Dad.

The news article makes the Dad out to be this tech mastermind spy-esque guy who is scrambling communications to avoid detection. He just knows computers and can stay off the grid. I'm guessing his family members aren't helping LE because they support whatever his version of the story is. I have a feeling she's safe right now and he won't harm her - hoping I'm right. Lots more to be determined on this one.

The DA stated that she is being held against her will and prevented from communicating with the outside world.

That’s what I was commenting on.

That’s more than just custodial interference.

Thanks for the link, watcher. Some of the information from the Hamilton County DA is new to me.
  1. “Through witness testimony, she’s constantly being given drugs and alcohol that keeps her in an altered state,” Pinkston said.
  2. “He’s used approximately ten alias since he’s left so he’s very adept in hiding his location identity and hers as well,” Pinkston said.
  3. In November 2020, Daphne was seen in the Denver area, and in February, John Westbrook spent weeks in Pueblo, Colorado.
  4. The Bible found in the Santa Fe NM dumpster was given to Daphne by her grandparents for her 16th birthday.
  5. They believe that Daphne's appearance could be altered after finding that her father purchased hair dye and false teeth recently.

I wonder how her bible was found? Who was digging in the trash and why? And how did they connect the bible with her? Sort of odd.

After seeing this missing person post on my Yahoo! feed, I started to do some sleuthing. Mainly because I couldn't find anything more than the normal copy and paste found on most of the articles about Daphne.

So here we go (All about her dad, John Oliver Westbrook):
- Twitter
John Westbrook (at least the picture on his twitter profile looks like him) went by @barefootpoetDEL on Twitter and he posted almost daily since July 2015, but it says "please follow me @beachbumdad instead" on that page.
- @beachbumdad has the name "Mark" on it, so... kinda confused . Last post he liked on @barefootpoetDEL was on May 15, 2017, last tweet on Aug. 23, 2016. He was following @BernieSanders and retweeted a lot of tweets from Sanders page. On Feb. 29, 2015 he posted a message of "I'm consolidating my twitter activity to my main account. The official "John Westbrook" account is @beachbumdad." @beachbumdad only had 4 total tweets and the last was on Aug. 26, 2017. Unfortunately, that looks like a dead end as "Mark" seems to be a completely different person as the Tweets are no where near the same as the ones on @barefootpoetDEL
- Tumblr
- The Twitter account @barefootpoetDEL did have a link to a tumblr account called Wordstumbling but the last post was on March 1, 2017. IMO, this guy posts like he has a lot on his mind. On Jan. 28, 2017 he did post that said, "dear rest of the world, sorry our system ****** up and got us a sociopath for president."
- Seems to market himself as "Oliver"
- You can find a very dark spell in his poems starting 2016 and older.

- Youtube
- Youtube Channel, but everything is private.
- Patreon
- Linked to a Patreon Account but that's gone now​

Instagram is private
I found that he was homeschooled with his 2 sisters. He wrote a book called "Bare" in 2014 you can find it on Amazon. His family was/is Seventh-Day Adventist. His sister is a vice principal in Washington at an Adventist school. Paradise, CA was an important place to him. I found it strange that the number 27 came up a few times in his posts and his sisters posts. Has a brother who lives "in the wilderness.... near the Canadian border."

Daphne did a big trip with her dad back in July/August/Sept of 2015... we're talking 3,500+ miles of a trip.

- Steemit

About the mom Rhona Lynn Curtsinger
- Instagram
- the STRANGEST thing I've found is that she has only posted 7 times about her daughter being a missing person back-to-back-to-back, etc.: (1) Oct 8, 2019; (2) Oct 8, 2019; (3) Oct 9, 2019; (4) Oct 10, 2019; and (5) Oct 12, 2019; and (6) Dec 10, 2019; and (7) Dec 19, 2019. Since that time she's posted 156 more times and none have been exclusively about her daughter, but a lot of partying?​

You can also find the Instagram of Daphne as well. On Dec. 31, 2018 she posted a picture of herself on a plane and said "Made it back home CALI..."

Here is an image from Daphne's own IG account dated Feb. 24, 2019
BuSLn-Ng1cS

51316799_396818897747544_5965989108628541729_n.jpg

Wow. Mom seems...happy?

The DA stated that she is being held against her will and prevented from communicating with the outside world.

That’s what I was commenting on.

That’s more than just custodial interference.

I wonder how her bible was found? Who was digging in the trash and why? And how did they connect the bible with her? Sort of odd.

I don't know, that part doesn't make sense either.

To add to all of this weird stuff:

Any fool could figure out that he's been using I-40 as it's the simplest way to get from Tennessee to the west. I read one of his posts about being in Amarillo, TX and Albuquerque, NM.... then strange that he's now being reported at Santa Fe, then seen in Colorado Springs, which means he used I-25 north? I mean come on, the reports show he's using major highways.

Speculation time: maybe he goes through Salt Lake City, then Paradise, CA where his family lived, then north to see his sister in Auburn, WA then what... northern Idaho for his brother's land?

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 01.30.00.30.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.07 - 01.30.00.30.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 6
AMBER Alert: Kidnapped girl could be in Colorado as Tennessee issues AMBER Alert on Wednesday

March 10
An AMBER Alert was issued on Wednesday out of Tennessee for a teenager who was recently spotted in Colorado recently, according to Authorities.
A nationwide search is underway for 17-year-old Daphne Westbrook.

The Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office adds that Westbrook frequently travels to Colorado.
In November 2020, Daphne was reportedly seen in the Denver area. In February, John Westbrook spent several weeks in the Pueblo area.

MAR 10, 2021
DA: Daphne Westbrook being drugged by father after kidnapping over custody ruling | WKRN News 2
The Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office says new information has led to the indictment of John Westbrook and Amber Alert for Daphne Westbrook.

Because of COVID-19 suspending the grand jury things were delayed in this case. But District Attorney General Neal Pinkston said investigators have not stopped searching for the 17-year-old.

“Our investigation has revealed that she is presently expressing some suicidal ideations. And she has not just presently but she has a past history of that as well,” Pinkston said.

[...]

“She has this odd affection to him now because prior to her leaving he would give her alcohol, marijuana, LSD, mushrooms. And he’s now, we know from recent witness interviews, that she’s constantly drugged and/or drinking alcohol provided by him,” Pinkston said.

Pinkston said Westbrook kidnapped his teenage daughter after a custody agreement ruled he could only have Daphne every other weekend.

“Well in order to avoid that and avoid paying child support he just leaves with her,” Pinkston said.

[...]

Have you seen this child? Daphane Westbrook

Issued for: Tennessee
AMBER Alert: 30675

MK_amberAlert.png

Daphane Westbrook
p61576.jpg

• Missing Since Oct 7, 2019
  • Missing From Chattanooga, TN
  • Age Now 17
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Hair Color Brown
  • Eye Color Brown
  • Height 5'03"
  • Weight 110 lbs
John Westbrook
p61577.jpg

• Age Now 42
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Hair Color Brown
  • Eye Color Blue
  • Height 6'04"
  • Weight 200 lbs
An AMBER Alert has been issued on behalf of The Hamilton County District Attorney's Office for Daphne Westbrook. Daphne is a 17-year-old white female with brown hair and brown eyes. Daphne is possibly in the company of John Westbrook a 42-year-old white male. John Westbrook is wanted by Hamilton County Sheriff's Office for Aggravated Kidnapping and Custodial Interference. Authorities believe John may have traveled to the western United States with Daphne and has known contacts in Colorado, New Mexico, California, and Washington. If you have seen Daphne or John or have information regarding their whereabouts, please contact the Hamilton County District Attorney's Office at 423-209-7415 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
Hamilton County District Attorney's Office 423-209-7415

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter
AMBER ALERT: We’re issuing an AMBER Alert in the ongoing search for Daphne Westbrook, who is 17 and missing from Chattanooga. There are unique circumstances to this case, which we will detail in this thread. (1/9) #TNAMBERAlert

2:17 PM · Mar 10, 2021

Daphne is 5’3”, 110 lbs., with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen in Chattanooga in October 2019, and did not return from a weekend visit with her non-custodial father, John Westbrook. (2/9) #TNAMBERAlert
EwI8YG1XEAI-Z-t

In June 2020, authorities in Hamilton County secured a warrant, charging John Westbrook with Custodial Interference, and in October, TBI placed Daphne on our Missing Children website. (3/9) #TNAMBERAlert

On February 23, 2021, a Hamilton County Grand Jury indicted John Oliver Westbrook, charging him with Aggravated Kidnapping in connection to Daphne’s disappearance. He’s 6’4”, 200 lbs., with brown hair and blue eyes. (4/9) #TNAMBERAlert

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1369744133926096906/photo/1
Authorities believe John may have traveled to the western United States with Daphne. He has known contacts in Colorado, New Mexico, California, and Washington. (5/9) #TNAMBERAlert

They could, however, be anywhere. And in recent weeks, evidence uncovered during the investigation into John Westbrook has led authorities to become increasingly concerned for Daphne’s wellbeing. (6/9) #TNAMBERAler

[URL='https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1369744141987569671']2:17 PM · Mar 10, 2021
[/URL]
https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1369744133926096906/photo/1

We’re issuing our AMBER Alert now, because a warrant has been issued for a qualifying crime in Tennessee, and in hopes that – should evidence place her and John in another state – that state will be able to issue an AMBER Alert faster. (7/9) #TNAMBERAlert

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Because Daphne Westbrook is not currently in Tennessee, we will not be requesting @MissingKids to send alerts to cell phones, and will not be asking @myTDOT to utilize interstate signage in Tennessee. (8/9) #TNAMBERAlert

If you see Daphne Westbrook or John Westbrook, or have information about their relationship or disappearance, call 423-209-7415 or 1-800-TBI-FIND, or email TipsToTBI@tn.gov or FindingDaphne@hcdatn.org. (9/9) #TNAMBERAlert

Last edited:
FEB 23, 2021 Indictment: WestbrookTrueBill.pdf (auburnexaminer.com)

The document is linked in this article dated MAR 4, 2021:
Missing Tennessee Child may be in Auburn Area | Auburn Examiner

Also from the article:

[...]

We’ve recently learned he spent the first few weeks of this year in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Three weeks ago, he moved to the Colorado Springs, Colorado, area. Due to publicity in the Denver media market we believe Westbrook will try to seek shelter with a family member — most likely his sister, KWM. We also believe he may have made attempts to alter his appearance and Daphne’s, including using hair dye and false teeth.

KWM lives in Auburn, WA, and works at Auburn Adventist Academy. We know KWM is in frequent contact with her brother but she refuses to cooperate with our investigation and has repeatedly avoided interview requests by the U.S. Marshals Service.

Daphne is increasingly at serious risk of physical and emotional danger and we need your help to find her.

[...]

Investigators are now ratcheting up efforts to find them after sightings have been confirmed in Florida and Daphne managed to send a message to a friend to say she was considering self-harm.
After John Westbrook drove with Daphne in an unknown vehicle throughout the southwestern United States, the district attorney in Tennessee issued a warning they could be headed to Highlands County, where Westbrook's sister lives in Sebring.

Investigators say they found communication between Westbrook and the sister. Her home in Sebring was raided over the weekend, where investigators confiscated her electronic devices.

Kidnapped teen's secret message, father's communication with Florida relative produce new leads

This article has been updated:

The FBI is planning to interview Westbrook's sister in the coming days. They say there have been no confirmed sightings of Daphne or John Westbrook in Florida.

Also:

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story stated that there had been a confirmed sighting of the pair in Florida. This version has been updated.

Perhaps the photo below (also from the article) is related to an unconfirmed sighting there?

missing-teen-daphne-john-westbrook-3.jpg

John Westbrook possibly seen on security camera

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong