Found Deceased TN - David Riemens, 60, Watertown, 8 Aug 2012

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tnhybrid, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

The only way they would be able to determine a murder with some scattered bones in my opinion , would be
    Obvious gun shot to skull , ligature Belt ect around neck area .

If it was determined to be natural causes, why is Captain Moore saying it’s still very much an “active case ?? “

artsy_ann and cutter99 like this.

2. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

3. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

Any updates, @cutter99 ? Clothes, wallet + money, car keys?

:cool:

nannymo, cutter99 and scriabina like this.
  4. cutter99

cutter99 Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing! Absolute silence!

Part of me thinks we will never hear anything else.

nannymo and ZaZara like this.
  5. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

Would that be legal, I wonder?

6. cutter99

I don’t know that there would be anything illegal about it. There has never been an officially named suspect by LE. There has never been any charges filed against anyone in the case that I am aware of. There were tons of rumors that accused various people of harming David but no formal people of interest or charges, and the rumors were never based on anything concrete.

I’m also not aware what the autopsy report officially said, but I would think that if LE felt there was any sort of danger to the general public, due to something found in the autopsy that indicated foul play, it would have been made very well known to the general public. Had there been proof of a violent death at the hands of someone else, why not come right out and say “Well folks, there is a killer in our midst”???

There is something that bothers me about the article written quoting Captain Moore. The quotes were old, taken from years before, and it has never been announced to the general public that David was “murdered”. The article itself seems to be very amateurishly written with no current quotes from people who were close to David.

As far as the skull being found 50 feet from the rest of the remains, that is absolutely no surprise. This area has copious amounts of wildlife that will do that. Coyotes, bob cats, raccoons, black headed buzzards will all eat and scatter remains.

Let me give you the perfect example- In August, our next door neighbor had a 500 lb. calf die along the fence line to our property. At the time, the said 81 year old neighbor had COVID, so we let him know when we found the calf, which was within a very short time of the calf dying. The carcass was scavenged to just the backbone within about 3 days. Another neighbor called us and wanted to know why there were so many coyotes howling after dark on the hill across the lane from her house- which was exactly where the calf was. But, the carcass was gone so quickly it never had time to develop a stench, in Tennessee, in August! The hottest month of the year here! There were scavenger birds on the carcass as wel.

The take away is that there are still no answers. The people close to David have never seen fit to make a public statement concerning his autopsy results or a possible cause of death. Now we need to ask ourselves why!

PezCandy and ZaZara like this.
  7. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

Wow Cutter, what a story!

In England, the case would go to the Coroner who would investigate and offer a verdict about the death. Could be an open verdict too, when there is little information. It doesn't have to be a crime for a case to go to the Coroner. Remains of a missing person found after 6 years, yes a Coroner would have to investigate those and report. There may not be a lot to go on. Tell it! At least, everyone would know where we stand. Wallet, car keys.

Am I right that this point of decision is missing in your judicial system?

PezCandy likes this.
  8. cutter99

Either missing or the cause of death is known, but not what is was originally assumed to be, so it has not been publicized. I agree with you as far as TELL IT!

I am trying to be polite and not point fingers, but sometimes wonder if there is not an issue of pride or stubborn insistence to believe only one possible scenario in this situation.

There are not many possibilities as far as what happened to David, and this may be over simplification. 1) Suicide, 2) Accidental death, 3) Medical event, 4) Murder.

No one every mentioned David being depressed or suicidal, nor did any of his actions support this, so in my opinion, it is off the table.

Could it have been some sort of accident? Certainly, but not all that likely. The autopsy results would help in supporting or disproving this.

Medical event? In a man over the age of 60, who was starting to experience other issues related to aging- yes. On a hot and humid summer day- yes. After possibly walking a couple miles- yes.

Murder? Always a possibility, and the autopsy results again could prove or disprove it, so why not make them public, especially using the media to do so? His friends started a Facebook page about him and being missing, so why not update it with the autopsy results, unless those results do not support the narrative you have promoted.

I try to be careful what I say and how I phrase things here as you don’t know who is reading, and my intention would never be to hurt his loved ones.

ETA- Many deaths here go to a coroner to establish cause and manner of death, but not all. Coroners in the U.S. are not all necessarily medical doctors either. In some areas it is an elected position as opposed to an appointed position, and a medical degree is not always a requirement. For many years, especially in rural areas, coroners were either undertakers or funeral home directors, as they had the facilities and equipment to work on bodies.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Dnp2be, ZaZara and nannymo like this.