Deceased/Not Found TN - Dr. William Coltharp, 55, Center Hill Lake, 2 Oct 2011

Also-If this turns out to be what is suspected forensic marine experts say his body will never be found. The depth of the lake along with low temperatures and pressure at the bottom will not allow bacteria to promote gases to float the body. Does anyone have knowledge of a similar case?

Any thoughts?

sp

http://www.wjle.com/news/2013/body-found-floating-center-hill-lake-0

There has been a badly decomposed body found in this lake. The doctor was the first person I thought of when I read this. Though I did not realize it had been 2 years since he disappeared. Would there be much remains to float after that length of time?

TC

The first quote may answer your question, although it doesn't say anything about fish activity re the body. I also think he may have left his laptop in the boat to make sure law enforcement were the only people to have access to it after his death. jmo

If he is still in the water, is there any chance of it appearing 2 years later?

The life of a prominent Nashville doctor who went missing four years ago will be remembered at a memorial service Saturday. A memorial service for Dr. William H. Coltharp will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church at 4815 Franklin Road.

Although Coltharp remains on the county's missing persons list, he was declared deceased by a Nashville court in December. The ruling concluded a legal process that began two months after Coltharp, 55, was last seen.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...sing-nashville-surgeon-memorialized/25546837/

The doctor vanished Oct. 2 while kayaking on Center Hill Lake. Latest reports-The kayak was found with life preserver and laptop computer. Witnesses say the Doctor was seen loading a cinder block into his boat before launch. A deep lake 190 feet and large at 18,000 acres has officials still listed the Doctor as 'missing'. The laptop computer is undergoing a forensic examination.

Interesting

Any other information would be helpful.

sp

Used to work with him at the hospital when I changed hospitals spoke with another staff member he used to work with them and swears he saw Dr coltharp in Fiji Dr colethorpe was known to have multiple affairs with nurses who worked in the ICU we all believed he faked his death.

Travelingbug, all very good points and interesting thoughts. Maybe that's why my mind went to faking his death. But who knows the state of mind of someone who is intent on killing themselves. I'm very interested in finding out whose body this is. It is a very, very big and deep lake. People occasionally drown in it, but all cases I've heard of recently the bodies were recovered. If it isn't Coltharp it will be interesting nonetheless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free

As a former ICU nurse at the hospital he worked we all knew that he had multiple affairs with nurses and we all believed he faked his death a few years later I worked with a profusionist at a different hospital who had also worked with him had taken a trip to Fiji and swears he saw Dr Coltharp in crowd of people Dr Coltharp was a very tall man and really easy to pick out in a crowd he called his name the man turned and then quickly walked away and disappeared from the crowd he tried to catch up to him but wasn't able to catch up to him I always wondered what was on that laptop

Last edited:
As a former ICU nurse at the hospital he worked we all knew that he had multiple affairs with nurses and we all believed he faked his death a few years later I worked with a profusionist at a different hospital who had also worked with him had taken a trip to Fiji and swears he saw Dr Coltharp in crowd of people Dr Coltharp was a very tall man and really easy to pick out in a crowd he called his name the man turned and then quickly walked away and disappeared from the crowd he tried to catch up to him but wasn't able to catch up to him I always wondered what was on that laptop

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back