Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the map. I'm not really understanding the logistics here. She was abducted at 4 o'clock in the morning 10 miles from her home? I could see maybe a mile or two, but 10 miles?? Was she actually living at the home that was searched earlier or did she live somewhere closer to the abduction point? Was she planning to turn around and run another 10 miles back home?

There's pieces missing here somewhere. IMO

Looks like 5 miles between home and abduction location. Round trip would be 10 miles. It was 4:20 when she was 5 miles from home. We don't know which direction she was running. Was she at the start of her run, or returning on the same route?

1662178107483.png

Police and canines searching in a park is certainly not making me optimistic.

While we wait, I have an entirely stupid question.

At 4 AM, how did a camera take such a vividly lit and colorful picture of Eliza running? With the pink shirt and blue shorts? Most nighttime footage that I've ever seen is grainy black and white.

I don't have a Ring or any of those cameras. Is this typical of those?

Back to waiting for what I hope is not grim news.
May have been higher end highway/traffic cameras.I can’t barely even recognize my mail carrier on my ring camera lol

Yes. And “arrested” and “held for questioning” are obviously two very different things as well. My guess is they want to find her body before making any official arrest. The time clock starts with the arrest, right? They have to have their ducks in a row. Speculation only.
“Held for questioning” is an interesting phrase. If they don’t have an arrest, they can’t hold you. You are free to leave and should, if you ever find yourself in such a situation.

Last edited:
Via 990 KWAM News Talk on Twitter: "JUST IN: @MEM_PoliceDept tells KWAM "no one is in custody" in connection with the #ElizaFletcher kidnapping."

Sounds to me like they're waiting to find a body. JMO.

Looks like 5 miles between home and abduction location. Round trip would be 10 miles. It was 4:20 when she was 5 miles from home. We don't know which direction she was running. Was she at the start of her run, or returning on the same route?

View attachment 363597
That makes a little more sense - not much - but a little. The first map you posted said 9.9 miles. I still think 5 miles is a little much at 4 in the morning. I'm reading that she was so far from home because she was "jogging" but where did that info come from, I wonder? IMO

That makes a little more sense - not much - but a little. The first map you posted said 9.9 miles. I still think 5 miles is a little much at 4 in the morning. I'm reading that she was so far from home because she was "jogging" but where did that info come from, I wonder? IMO
By bike, assuming it's similar to jogging, is 30 minute run one way.
The first map is from home to abduction to search area.

1662179132827.png
The second map is from home to abduction site.

1662179161255.png

I am not understanding your post, maybe I am just tired. Can you explain a bit better, thanks?
Sorry if I wasn’t clear but I didn’t want to spell out what I was thinking. I think LE got a tip of some sort, maybe from a possible suspect or accomplice, that something related the the abduction could be found in Overton Park, where they are currently searching…with canines. I do not believe it is a random search. Again, my opinion only.

Overton Park closes at dusk. I have no idea what is going on here. Just following and hoping for a better outcome than it seems we may be getting.
Local to me, and so many are holding their collective breaths, along with me.
I will add that our family along with many others around here are acquainted with her side of the family. I have no inside knowledge. We desperately want answers for her loved ones.
Years ago I lived almost directly across the street (Poplar Avenue) from Overton Park. It is a lovely place with the zoo, the college of art and the trails that are heavily traveled. I cannot imagine anyone actually being there without someone having seen them come or go. Period.
I know that park like the proverbial back of my hand. If they are searching there and it isn't merely speculation, there's no way a "dump" could be accomplished, IMO.
After dusk, an abandoned vehicle, perhaps.
Come on, let's get an answer...
Chi

Last edited:
I think LE knows most of what they need to know in this case. I also think there won't be any big announcements tonight, which is both totally understandable and enormously frustrating.
I'm not sure now, considering TBI just released an updated description of the suspect vehicle.

I'm still not entirely sure what we're looking at here, whether that be stranger abduction, something close to home that's been staged to look like an abduction, or some other sort of staged event.

It's usually pretty easy to read an investigation based on what law enforcement is doing, what they are saying, and how they are behaving. This hasn't gone on long enough yet to get a feel.

It'll be interesting to see if they hold a press conference tomorrow. If this is a true abduction and they are lost, I'd expect something big.

I'm not sure now, considering TBI just released an updated description of the suspect vehicle.

I'm still not entirely sure what we're looking at here, whether that be stranger abduction, something close to home that's been staged to look like an abduction, or some other sort of staged event.

It's usually pretty easy to read an investigation based on what law enforcement is doing, what they are saying, and how they are behaving. This hasn't gone on long enough yet to get a feel.

It'll be interesting to see if they hold a press conference tomorrow. If this is a true abduction and they are lost, I'd expect something big.
True, however (speculating) if there are as yet unnamed POIs who aren't talking and the car isn't in their possession, LE needs to know where that SUV is.

Agree. What are odds someone steals a SUV, then also decides to abduct a jogger? A busy night.

I believe that LE has now announced the make of the SUV in the video footage, and it’s not the stolen vehicle, which was a Mercedes.

Dark-colored GMC Terrain supposedly the abduction vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member