Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is very odd that a dozen MSM sources including Crime & Law have all reported on his extensive criminal history going back to age 11 but none have picked up on this alleged arrest from three months ago.

IMO, if the only source for this alleged arrest is Arrests.org then it very well might be inaccurate details as their disclaimer provides. This specific profile has generated more than a thousand views for a monetized site.

Also, per VineLink, there's no record CA was booked in Shelby County Jail in June 2022.

No claims to the accuracy of this information are made. The information and photos presented on this site have been collected from the websites of County Sheriff's Offices or Clerk of Courts. The people featured on this site may not have been convicted of the charges or crimes listed and are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Do not rely on this site to determine factual criminal records. Contact the respective county clerk of State Attorney's Office for more information. All comments and opinions are submitted by Internet users, and in no way reflect the views or opinions of this site's operators.

PRIVACY POLICY
© 2022 - Arrests.org

This is very odd that a dozen MSM sources including Crime & Law have all reported on his extensive criminal history going back to age 11 but none have picked up on this alleged arrest from three months ago.

IMO, if the only source for this alleged arrest is Arrests.org then it very well might be inaccurate details as their disclaimer provides. This specific profile has generated more than a thousand views for a monetized site.

Also, per VineLink, there's no record CA was booked in Shelby County Jail in June 2022.

No claims to the accuracy of this information are made. The information and photos presented on this site have been collected from the websites of County Sheriff's Offices or Clerk of Courts. The people featured on this site may not have been convicted of the charges or crimes listed and are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Do not rely on this site to determine factual criminal records. Contact the respective county clerk of State Attorney's Office for more information. All comments and opinions are submitted by Internet users, and in no way reflect the views or opinions of this site's operators.

PRIVACY POLICY
© 2022 - Arrests.org

Thanks. Yes. Could be. I wonder where they obtained that photo they are using?? Is it shown on any of the reputable sites (assuming those exist)? Also, is there info as to what types of crime/s he committed at ages 11-12 or is that unavailable as he was a juvenile? TIA!

ETA: I see the disclaimer about info and photos, btw. I'm just wondering if it's seen on any of the reputable sites. (Just clarifying myself, lol)

Last edited:
Dear God, please I pray the family does not read here.

Why would they?

If they do a google search for news or reports then they will find this forum. Messages posted here are readable for years, so yes, even the children may eventually find there way here.

I cringed at first, thinking of the children reading here. But if this site still exists by the time they are old enough to search for it, they have a right to know all the details they wish to learn about their mother‘s death.

Who knows? Maybe in the future Pookie will be in prison trying for an appeal or parole, and the history we have posted here may be helpful as a living document of the pure brutality of Eliza’s senseless murder. Perhaps our words may one day be used to help keep this P O S behind bars until his last breath.

jmo

I believe the abduction itself was captured on surveillance. It was described as violent.

Thank you! I guess I should have been more specific. Was it ever released to the public? :D But you answered that question too.

I don’t want to see it, I was just curious.

Was there ever footage of the actual abduction or was it just surveillance of the SUV in the area? I can’t remember.

Reportedly, there's footage of the suspect forcing the victim into his SUV and using such force that she was believed injured.

Police records said while her abduction by the University of Memphis was caught on camera, another crucial clue was Abston’s DNA left on a slide sandal discovered at the scene. Investigators were able to use a federal database to tie Abston, already convicted of a kidnapping more than 20 years ago, to the crime.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG)– WREG Investigators have learned that Cleotha Abston, the suspect in Eliza Fletcher’s kidnapping and murder, has been in trouble with the law since he was 11 years old.

Court documents state he had “a good relationship with his family” but his “childhood was rough.” The documents go on to state Abston’s lengthy record that shows his first arrest was in 1995 for theft.

He was just 11 years old.

He was arrested again and again, every few months from there for burglary, theft, aggravated assault, violation of curfew, truancy, rape, evading arrest, and more.

The violent crimes including rape and aggravated assault resulted in time in the detention center but it’s unclear how much time he spent there.

His file also states at the time, he had no suicidal gestures, medical problems, or mental illness. He was listed, though, as 100% violent.

A friend of mine was childhood friends with Liza and she has just started posting all sorts of photos of Liza as a kid and a teenager. Most of the pictures are of Liza playing sports, just the image of health and youth and vitality. It is just so devastating to see someone who was living life so vibrantly meet such a brutal end.

If she gave him a good fight it would have made him angrier and he possibly could have given her a fatal blow at that moment.
Perhaps, but women are taught to fight back against an attack.

This is from an Indiana government site Through a Rapist's Eyes

8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.

Thanks. Yes. Could be. I wonder where they obtained that photo they are using?? Is it shown on any of the reputable sites (assuming those exist)? Also, is there info as to what types of crime/s he committed at ages 11-12 or is that unavailable as he was a juvenile? TIA!

ETA: I see the disclaimer about info and photos, btw. I'm just wondering if it's seen on any of the reputable sites. (Just clarifying myself, lol)

It's my understanding that the court documents from that time are sealed, but the victim impact statement from the victim of CA's previous abduction references CA's lengthy prior charges. The Commercial Appeal (Memphis local paper) discusses:

"Durand also detailed Abston's lengthy history in the juvenile court system prior to his conviction for the kidnapping, the earliest of which, Durand said, dated back to 1995 when he was no older than 12 years old. Abston also appeared in juvenile court records in 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to Durand's statement."

This case is interesting, in that the perpetrator had a lengthy juvenile record, that had already included rape, assault, and the kidnapping he was charged as an adult, due to his previous criminality.

<modsnip>

There are people who grow up disadvantaged, and do not end up as drug dealers, and killers. This family would be an interesting case study.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my understanding that the court documents from that time are sealed, but the victim impact statement from the victim of CA's previous abduction references CA's lengthy prior charges. The Commercial Appeal (Memphis local paper) discusses:

"Durand also detailed Abston's lengthy history in the juvenile court system prior to his conviction for the kidnapping, the earliest of which, Durand said, dated back to 1995 when he was no older than 12 years old. Abston also appeared in juvenile court records in 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to Durand's statement."

Thanks. I was just curious if he was violent and a physical threat at age 11/12, and if not... well, the bigger picture involving the hows/whys of juvenile punishment, etc etc. Very worrisome for society. Thanks again.

Perhaps, but women are taught to fight back against an attack.

This is from an Indiana government site Through a Rapist's Eyes

8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.

Obviously it's all dependant on the person/people in the situation as well as other factors, but how I'd imagine it to go down is that the attacker becomes more angry and violent the more you resist. It may also scare them thinking they're going to be caught after if they let them get away. Perhaps with a calmer and non-resistant approach, you'd be more likely to come out alive? Or maybe it makes no difference. Like I said, I think circumstance and people involved are everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb